Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've been waiting like everyone else for the T-mobile version, but after seeing this price on Amazon for the Sprint Version, I think I'm going to jump ship. It's $599 minus $200 amazon rebate minus $150 Sprint rebate for 2 year contract ($100 off for a 1 year). Wow.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/wireless/B0000SX2U2/rebate-info/104-4108510-6903916
    Last edited by theyams; 11/23/2003 at 02:06 PM.
    Wow! That is an unbeatable price. I have never bought a phone from Amazon but will they let you choose your area code if you live in a locale with multiple area codes, like Northern Virginia?

Also do they handle number portability?

Wow $200 off in addtion to the $150 is great too bad it expires tomorrow though.
    too good a price........
    Unfortunately for me I am looking to buy two phones on the Sprint add-a-phone plan for $20 a month, looks like this is not available from Amazon. Too bad, this is a great price.

I wonder if I called Sprint and explained the dilema they would honor the Amazon price if I bought 2?
    I don't want to miss out on this great Amazon price, but I too am looking to get two phone with the $20 add-a-phone plan.
    Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

James

james@punkass.com
    I will call Sprint when I get home tonight and will also call Amazon to see if they can offer the Sprint plans.
    Can I do number portability if I order through amazon?
    Originally posted by Infomofo
    Can I do number portability if I order through amazon?
    Amazon has nothing to do with number portability. That's between you and the carrier you're switching from and to.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Wow, I ordered yesterday morning and already it has shipped today! I only used standard shipping so will be a couple of days, but hey, so much for those shipping delays from Handspring...
    I just ordered mine today, and on the order it said "Ships by Dec 31" in the receipt even tho it said "ships in 24 hours on the site". Hours later, the site says "out of stock. first come first serve"
    What the HECK does it take to get this phone??? I tried ordering from Handspring too, for a GSM version last week..no dice either
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I just checked the Fedex tracker and it's on a truck going out for delivery today! Damn, and I won't be home to receive it unless they bring it by really late. Man, I don't know what I did to be so lucky to get mine so fast, especially since I just went for the standard shipping. So, it went from order Sunday, shipped from Texas Monday, delivered to L.A. on Tuesday on Fedex Economy. whoa... I hope you others get yours soon!
    Anyone care to speculate if amazon will extend this offer beyond today (I see the $200 amazon rebate was extended once already). I would like to get this but was hoping to wait a little while longer for the number portability hiccups to get ironed out.