1.    #1  
    If you are a Sprint customer and have gotten "freebies" such as 8 pm n&we, 5% off bill etc, go online to Sprintpcs.com and check your plan details.

I've gotten these "freebies" from what I thought at the time was a very "nice and helpful" CSR. What I didn't know was she also "gave" me an extra "freeby" in the form of a 2 year contact extension.

Man, am I furious!!!

Did Sprint pull that one on anyone else?
    Unfortunately - it is common practice with not only Sprint but nearly every carrier - that whenever you make ANY changes to your plan - you start the contract cycle over. Sprint is very good at adding the bells and whistles to your account during a call - neglecting to tell you the full ramifications of any change.

It's legal and industry practice - so the best thing you can do is make sure that when you make any change, you ask about the effect on your contract cycle.

The good news is that while they are good at extending your contract, they ain't so good at charging you the $150 to break your contract. I recently cancelled service, and expected to get a bill for at least 1 of my 2 phones - but never saw a thing. Not something you can count on to be sure.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    If you are a Sprint customer and have gotten "freebies" such as 8 pm n&we, 5% off bill etc, go online to Sprintpcs.com and check your plan details.

I've gotten these "freebies" from what I thought at the time was a very "nice and helpful" CSR. What I didn't know was she also "gave" me an extra "freeby" in the form of a 2 year contact extension.

Man, am I furious!!!

Did Sprint pull that one on anyone else?
    I got those as well, but was told I only need to extend for one year (not two). It is correct on my Manage Sprintpcs site. You should probably call them and complain and say you were not told about the extension. My guess is that at least they should knock a year off your contract.
    Jeff
    Every time I have added to or changed my plans with SPCS they have been very upfront about contract extensions, even asking to record my agreement thereof. I haven't been thrilled to extend, but have also never been misled.
    I believe they are supposed to record your agreement of any changes (could be wrong). I have been transferred to an automatic operator to verify that I agree with the changes and contract extension. I would call them back if this didn't happen.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  6. NBP
    If you're really upset with Sprint and want to switch but don't want to pay the cancellation charge, this is what I did - I called and changed my plan to a month-by-month basis (Sprint Advantage Agreement) by agreeing to pay an extra $10 a month. Next Monday (number portability in effect), I will port my number to a different carrier and cancel my Sprint service. In essence, Sprint has allowed me to get out of my contract for $10 instead of $175 (or whatever it would have been).