Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by chuhsi
    OH SO PISSED this autosig is happening. thanks for pointing it out. i'm calling sprint right now. this is ridiculous.
    After a total hold time of 50 minutes, the tech support rep talked to his manager and told me that this is an issue they are aware of and NOT SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT PLANNING TO REMOVE.

So pissed.
    scoured the registry entries on my desktop and the string isn't contained there...which makes since. most likely the BizConnect for PalmOS software has a setting/string that attaches the string to the message before it is sent from the Treo to the desktop (which also would make sense)....

I haven't done any investigation on how PalmOS software is built/works so I don't know how to check the software itself....I'll start by dumping the files back to my desktop and search for the string itself, etc.....if I find anything I'll post it back...expect this'll be for someone else to fix though...
    Originally posted by kevinestis
    I'm going to guess that the lines are added as the mail passes from my phone to my desktop
    FYI, I don't use the desktop software (only POP3) so it's happening somewhere else along the way.
    I have a Treo 600 and it just started adding this crap to the bottom of my e-mails today. It hadn't been doing it since I got the thing a month ago!

As far as I can tell, this signature is added at the routing source (bc.sprintpcs.com) because even if you send an e-mail from the website directly not using the phone at all, the signature appears.

This has GOT to GO! Has anyone figured out how to stop it?

Hall
    sprint opened a case number on this issue for me. the tech guys had a meeting about this today and the retarded told me this has been in their software for two years and they have no intention of removing it.
    Ok, we have to do something about this.

Is there an e-mail address that we can send complaints to?

This little signature is going to start losing them customers, starting with me. Blackberry has an option to switch this kind of feature off.

Sprint needs to change their position on this issue immediately. My company is very large and we use Sprint product, but that is about to change because of this little ad they want to put into our emails. I'm sure that someone at Sprint will notice when we switch over to their competitor. We spend a lot of money.

Hall
    Originally posted by Hall
    Ok, we have to do something about this.

Is there an e-mail address that we can send complaints to?

This little signature is going to start losing them customers, starting with me. Blackberry has an option to switch this kind of feature off.

Sprint needs to change their position on this issue immediately. My company is very large and we use Sprint product, but that is about to change because of this little ad they want to put into our emails. I'm sure that someone at Sprint will notice when we switch over to their competitor. We spend a lot of money.

Hall
    call sprint. ask for tech support. complain like mad. that's what i'm doing.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I noticed this as well. I e-mailed the software developers (they tend to be better than sprint's tech support) and was told it was something Sprint was doing, not the software. I e-mailed sprint, they told me to call instead. The tech I first spoke to didn't know where it's coming from. I was escilated to a senior tech who told me there is no way to undo this, but that if enough people complained they may remove it. I suggest that anyone reading this do two things: 1. Complain. 2. Spread the word and let others know to complain.

I just sent an e-mail to a group of executives at Sprint. Here is a list of their e-mail addresses in case anyone wants to do the same:
    gary.forsee@mail.sprint.com - CEO

I cc'ed it to:
    'gene.betts@mail.sprint.com'; 'john.garcia@mail.sprint.com'; 'jim.hansen@mail.sprint.com'; 'bruce.hawthorne@mail.sprint.com'; 'ralph.hodge@mail.sprint.com'; 'mark.bonavia@mail.sprint.com'; 'melinda.g.tiemeyer@mail.sprint.com'; 'james.w.fisher@mail.sprint.com'; 'travis.l.sowders@mail.sprint.com'; 'jason.duff@mail.sprint.com'; 'angie.makkyla@mail.sprint.com'; 'catherine.goodson@mail.sprint.com'; 'nicholas.sweers@mail.sprint.com'; 'John.M.Polivka@mail.sprint.com'; 'DWILIN01@sprintspectrum.com'; 'rkelle01@mail.sprintpcs.com'; 'mwestb01@mail.sprintpcs.com'; 'mmchal01@mail.sprintpcs.com'; 'lmcdon02@mail.sprintpcs.com'
    WE DID IT! No more advertising!

From the BC IT support person I've been working with: "This should now be fixed. The advertisement option had become enabled for some strange reason. We disabled it so it should not show up for any customers."

We rock.
    Now all we need to do is the same thing to make them cause SMS to work faster!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It looks like we were sucessful. I sent a copy of my e-mail that I sent to CEO of Spint to the individuals who were listed on the latest Sprint Press Release regarding BC. I received the following reply from her:

Hi Richard, thanks for your candid feedback. We have removed the auto-signature and will be making it as an option in the near future.

Suzanne

In case you want to see it, the following is a copy of the e-mail I sent the CEO that received this response:

As a long time SprintPCS user who has been using Business Connection for over a year, I must say that I am truly astonished that Sprint has chosen to start advertising in my personal and business outgoing e-mails. If you are unaware, Sprint’s servers now add the following to all of my e-mails sent through my Treo600:

This email was wirelessly enabled by Sprint Business Connection. Learn about this service at http://businessconnection.sprintpcs.com

I find this alarming for two reasons:

1. It raises security issues as the link between my phone and my computer is suppose to be secure. However, it seems that it is making a stop on Sprint’s servers to have this advertisement added.

2. One of the reasons why I was such a big fan of Business Connection was that people I was e-mailing didn’t know if I was at my desk or at the beach. Now, I have lost the ability to leave my office and keep in touch without announcing that I am out of the office.

When I e-mailed technical support to resolve this issue, I received an e-mail telling me I needed to call to have the issue resolved. After being disconnected 2 times and spending over an hour on the phone with people who had no idea that this was being added to e-mails, I was told that there was no way for me to avoid it and that it would only change if enough people complained.

Imagine how people would feel if Sprint made it so whenever someone made a phone call from their Sprint PCS phone the person on they were calling was greeted by a voice saying “This call is enabled by SprintPCS. Please visit Sprintpcs.com for more details.” In fact, your customers are becoming very vocal on online bulletin boards (i.e., treocentral.com) against this change and SprintPCS’s non-responsiveness to complaints.

I encourage Sprint to give its customers the choice to remove this tag-line, just as Black Berry does. I also ask that you keep me informed as to the position of Sprint on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your attention and responsiveness.
    Just tested it now in Miami - the signature is still there. I'll wait a couple of days and then the email campaign will begin in earnest!
    Just tested it in Tampa and it is still there also...
    I just tested my BC again and I have NO sprint advertisement.

Maybe try calling sprint BC tech support and ask them to manually turn it off?
    Still on mine, I called tech support and they told me to deal with it. They even mentioned that it was like sending email through Yahoo-I told him that I did not mind it on a free service. I just sent an email to the group posted above, I will see what they say.
    Ditto for me - had never seen it prior to this week but now it remains on everything I send. It had better be gone soon.

B
    Still on mine, I called tech support and they told me to deal with it. They even mentioned that it was like sending email through Yahoo-I told him that I did not mind it on a free service. I just sent an email to the group posted above, I will see what they say.
    I'm not sure when it happened, but it appears to be gone now. At least for me
  19.    #39  
    Gone for me as well !!!
    jjennings,

was searching for info about this earlier this morning as my software updated last night and sent my email settings crazy. I finally got someone at sprint to email this to me at work, but can't get to it due to the crazy WEBSENSE we use to block email... give it a shot...hopefully if you have any more problems this will help you out.
    -Jon

Dear Jon,

Thank you for the reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused during the voice interaction. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the default signatur on the PCS mail.

1. Log on to http://www.sprint.com, select My PCS Wireless in the Manage accounts drop down.
    2. Enter your PCS phone number and password and click 'Log In'.
    3. Click on the ?PCS Mail? hyperlink under the ?My Online Tools? section on the Welcome page to proceed.
    4. Click on the 'Settings and Preferences'
    5. Type the desired email address in the box 6. Follow the prompts and click on the button 'Done'

Please let me know if you need further clarification in this regard.

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel.

Amelia K.

Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12