Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    exactly. call *2, press 1 to activate voice command service. It will take 30 seconds or so to "activate". then you will have access to logon to the website.
    they have this autosync app called fusion one you can use to keed your vc ist matched up w/ outlook... awesome and works as advertised. vc + speakerphone rocks on the 600 (reallly).
  3.    #23  
    only problem is they limit you to 500 contacts. What a bummer for those of us with 1500+ contacts. I wouldn't mind if they charged an extra $5 for unlimited contacts.
    Just got my voice command today and it's wonderful. Works great on the T600 since we don't have built in voice dialing. I'm looking forward to seeing what all it has to offer. It definitely makes hands free more so.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Furthermore, if you have a shared plan, you only pay once for all the phones on your plan so that every phone get VC.
    gfunkmagic,

What dif you mean here. Do you mean that if you have a shared plan you only pay $5 for both phones? I specifically asked about this and was told that I would have to pay $10, $5 for each phone per month.
    Originally posted by jjennings
    only problem is they limit you to 500 contacts. What a bummer for those of us with 1500+ contacts. I wouldn't mind if they charged an extra $5 for unlimited contacts.
    Wow!!!! Do you have your entire company in your contacts or something? What an evil boss you must be, connecting to anyone, at the mere sound of your mighty voice booming over VC, and instantly intruding upon their personal lives. I shudder at the power. LOL.

Back in college, I used to have the entire school's mailing list in an outlook contact folder. But I kept this seperate, underneath my "main" contacts, and of course, the top level was the only one synchronized. Nothing like being able to reference any one of 6000 "buds" quickly.
    this was a great thread on the forum here. I followed all of the explained recommendations and managed to get my contacts uploaded and working. Sprint really did a pretty good job pairing with good 'ole FusionOne to allow people to synchronize their contacts. I love the filtering tool, too.

In the past, i think we would have seen the upload go on for several minutes and then get an error page because there were more than 500 - happily that didn't happen. The built-in filter was a nice touch to optimize everything.

The only thing I wasn't able to do was add my sprintpcs mail account. for some reason, it didn't like my password... and I don't know why.

sadly, the thing I really wanted was the ability to just enter a POP account. Who wants to really use the Sprintpcs account anyway?

I agree that hotmail is missing from the list - which would be great... and of course a way to get a regular POP account in there.

As it is, I've added my pop account to my SprintPCS mailbox... but I don't use it much, because there's no setting for leaving a copy of messages on the server - and I'm afraid it's going to delete my mail.

if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks
    When I added the POP mail, there was a box for leaving messages on the server. It's a pretty neat feature.... I'm not sure I'll listen to my e-mail often, but the voice dialing is pretty sweet.
    where did you add your pop mail, exactly? To the sprintpcs web mail or someplace in Voicedialing?
    <oops> disregard, double post

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by johnbdh

gfunkmagic,

What dif you mean here. Do you mean that if you have a shared plan you only pay $5 for both phones? I specifically asked about this and was told that I would have to pay $10, $5 for each phone per month.
    Yeah, I have three phones on my shared plan and all of them have voice command feature. I only pay $5/month for voice command on [b]all[b] three phones! I'm not sure what the fees are now, but I added VC almost a year ago, so perhaps I have an older plan that allows me to do this! Also, I'm on a fairly high end plan, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, if you're not on a contract, I'ld to talk to retention to finagle a way to get it for cheaper if I were you...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #32  
    I don't see an option for Sprint BC Personal Edition email to be used with Voice Command. Am I missing something?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12