1.    #1  
    Anyone else having vision problems in this area? The past couple days its been very slow going to any websites. I performed a hard reset so i don't think its my phone, but i just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems.
  2.    #2  
    Of course as soon as I post it seems to be normal again. We'll see if it stays that way.
    Vision was fine all last week. It is very slow this week.
    Snappermail has been EXTREMELY slow to send/fetch.
    I hope this is just a hiccup.

Up until this point it was working fine.
  4.    #4  
    seems like vision is slow yet again tonight, as in i can't even go to the handspring mobile portal site without blazer giving me a timeout.
    I'm in MA - and it's so slow it's not worth using. What's going on here?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Sprint web support. I am in the S. Boston area and have had the slowness problem for about a week. They stated the can see its slow but do not can not tell why. He said it might be a capacity problem which would be a long long time fix. To me this means if they sell too many 600's we all are going to be out of luck with the email and web functions of our expensive toys. Thanks Sprint!!!!!
  7.    #7  
    That figures. Does anyone know if Sprint gives a minimum speed that they're required to keep, as I believe Verizon does?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just again talked with Sprint Tech Support??????? They denied any problem and stated since the TC board is not theirs and as a result all of us don"t exist and if we do there must be some sort of mass hysteria since we are all making this up. Does anyone have the number of a sprint tech rep that has more than one neuron firing that I can have an intellegent conservation with? If not, I just blew $400 on a treo because tomorrow I am going to verizon th see what they offer. I am tired of being the stupid customer that sprint stoops to service.
  9.    #9  
    This is getting to be ridiculous. It seems like at least half of every day, Vision is unusable for me. Is there anything we can do about this, or is it another case where Sprint can't/ won't do anything?
    I've had weird experiences at times. Three bars and yet I can't sign in to connection manager. Usually, turning wireless mode off and then on again helps.

Since there seems to be a number of Boston Treo 600 users, including the author of the essentials site, maybe we should share our favorite links that relate to the city. Or even meeting and show off how we have our devices tricked out!
    Folks,

I am new to Sprint (two weeks now) and have noticed the entire time around Boston and the metrowest that about 30% of the time Vision does not work and times out. The rest of the time it is fine.

I thought this was fixed, but tonight...same problem. Is this a network or a treo issue?

Where to I call to complain (last few times I just wasted time re-provisioning the phone).

Glenn
    And now it's 10:30 and it is working fine and consistenty.

BTW, I was travelling in the midwest last week and never had a problem. This is a Boston on again off again issue...

Glenn
    I have no problems using my Treo and Vision. I live Northwest off 128. Vision has been fantastic so far. And Sprint has impressed me with their continued improvement to their network.
    Originally posted by zoomer777
    I have no problems using my Treo and Vision. I live Northwest off 128. Vision has been fantastic so far. And Sprint has impressed me with their continued improvement to their network.
    It's still working fine for me. Maybe this is fixed, but something is going on. When it has not been working, I have shut off the phone side, and last week before I loaded up the phone tried hard resets to solve the problem (when working with Sprint technical support). They had me re-provision the phone several times. Usually the provisioning wouldn't go through either. Then the next day, the phone re-provisions.

None of it worked. When Vision is broken, it is broken (network issue, probably). When it works, it works great. 1-4 bars the speed is the same and great when it works. When it is broken, you can have 4 bars, and nothing gets through. This includes connecting with a laptop and PDANet. No TCP/IP apps can route.

There is something going on with the network here.

Is anyone else in Boston still having occasional problems?

Glenn
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'm also in the Boston area (North Shore) and I can't even access any website on my 600 today. It establishes the connection, but just can't load anything. At least it's not just me.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'm also in the Boston area (North Shore), and I can't even access any site today on my 600. It seems to establish the Vision connection, but just hangs on the receiving action.

At least it's not just me.
  17.    #17  
    Technically I'm about 20 miles south of Boston, so maybe its just this area that is really having problems occassionally? I do still have problems though.