Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone crashed and since then I haven't been able to access Vision. That was Thursday.

According to the "System Error Log"....

A crash occurred on 10/23/03 at 11:47 PM while running "Phone":

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3654, Free Handle

A hard reset did nothing to fix the problem; the phone still wouldn't go online even before restoring everything. Sprint doesn't know what's wrong, and says the problem should be fixed within 5-7 business days .

Any ideas???
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Sorry to hear you're still having trouble Jag. Looks like it's gonna be Monday afterall before you can get some real Tech support from Sprint. ---Bummer---

- Mell
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Picture Mail has also been down. I have been getting 403 errors on Web pages, and then noticed that picture sharing wasn't working. I called yesterday and was told that the network is down for maintenance until Monday. Oddly, AOL IM and e-mail still work.
  5.    #5  
    Well in an interesting turn of events....while @ South Beach today I figured I'd try it to see what would happen, not expecting anything to. Surprisingly it updated my vision profile, and I was on the web and surfing. Sadly, I'm back in my dorm room and it's not working again, but I'm not getting the Error 3000 anymore...it just says there's a timeout (which basically means Error 3000). I'm scared to call them in case they tell me to do something and it screws up again.....grrr.
  6.    #6  
    Crashed again...this time it's on line 3642: Non-Word-Aligned-Handle.
  7.    #7  
    Well Sprint replaced the handset.....still doesn't work.
  8. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Well, I've yet to get the Vision service to work on the Treo. Get the same "3000" error, and Sprint PCS support doesn't know what's causing it. Have spent a good 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with them on two occasions now, and it still doesn't work. They logged a trouble ticket, but that hasn't been resolved yet.

Not really a great start. Guess for my own Treo 600 I'll still with GPRS (the Sprint one is my wife's).
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by ocs
    Well, I've yet to get the Vision service to work on the Treo. Get the same "3000" error, and Sprint PCS support doesn't know what's causing it. Have spent a good 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with them on two occasions now, and it still doesn't work. They logged a trouble ticket, but that hasn't been resolved yet.

Not really a great start. Guess for my own Treo 600 I'll still with GPRS (the Sprint one is my wife's).
    Where are you located? So far there's some1 in San Francisco and Miami (me) that are having these issues.
  10. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Where are you located? So far there's some1 in San Francisco and Miami (me) that are having these issues.
    SF Bay Area. The thing is, it's not a matter of Vision data service not being available here. It is, and it works fine (I have a laptop with a Vision card sitting right next to the Treo). Seems to me something's wrong in their provisioning system. The tech support guy mumbled something about "there was a problem when they created your account" but wouldn't go into details.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by ocs

SF Bay Area. The thing is, it's not a matter of Vision data service not being available here. It is, and it works fine (I have a laptop with a Vision card sitting right next to the Treo). Seems to me something's wrong in their provisioning system. The tech support guy mumbled something about "there was a problem when they created your account" but wouldn't go into details.
    yea I understand....Vision is available in my area too....i've used it with my previous phone and several others before it.
  12.    #12  
    Oddly enough.....it just started working..........
    Jag, with it being so close to Halloween and all, are you hearing bizarre music in the background???
    Glad you're up and running though
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
  14.    #14  
    u know i thought i heard the Halloween music playing........
  15. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Sprint hasn't bothered to call me back on my trouble ticket (logged Monday), so I called them last night, and the guy on the phone (night shift?) had no clue whatsoever. Said I'd have to call back during the day to talk to a level 2 tech, and that trouble tickets take 5-7 days to get resolved (when they logged it, they said 2-3 days).

I guess if they can't give me a solution today, I'll start hassling Handspring, eh, PalmOne support -- after all, I paid them $400 for what so far isn't more than an expensive voice phone (can't sync yet as I am still waiting for serial cable, so not much use as a PDA either).
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by ocs
    Sprint hasn't bothered to call me back on my trouble ticket (logged Monday), so I called them last night, and the guy on the phone (night shift?) had no clue whatsoever. Said I'd have to call back during the day to talk to a level 2 tech, and that trouble tickets take 5-7 days to get resolved (when they logged it, they said 2-3 days).

I guess if they can't give me a solution today, I'll start hassling Handspring, eh, PalmOne support -- after all, I paid them $400 for what so far isn't more than an expensive voice phone (can't sync yet as I am still waiting for serial cable, so not much use as a PDA either).
    I feel your frustration. I wish I knew what happened to make mine work so I could help out you guys. It's the weirdest thing that it just started working.
  17. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Another day, another frustrating long phone call with Sprint PCS' tech support, who, frankly is fairly useless (they might as well post their trouble-shooting tips on the web instead of wasting people's time having someone read them to you).

Now I am supposed to go to the local Sprint PCS store to have the device checked out (the same store where the person got big eyes when I showed up with the brandnew Treo because they couldn't get the account switched to this device over the phone -- turned out she had never seen one).

Quite frankly, if one of the GSM carriers comes out with the Treo 600 soon, I might just send the Sprint Treo back to Handspring and switch my wife over to GSM.

But what am I complaining -- it's only a $400 device...
  18.    #18  
    I noticed that my email inbox was completely cleared on the website. Maybe whatever they do that causes that to happen was related to the problem?
  19. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Well, my account shouldn't have any email, since the previous phone wasn't a Vision phone.

So this morning I spent an hour in the local Sprint PCS store while they tried to get it to work (with tech support on the line, since the guy in the store of course knew less about the phone than I do). No dice.

I guess this afternoon I'll see if I can get Handspring to send me a new Treo. If not, well, then they can come pick this one up, because my next call will then be to Amex to dispute the credit card charges.
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by ocs
    Well, my account shouldn't have any email, since the previous phone wasn't a Vision phone.

So this morning I spent an hour in the local Sprint PCS store while they tried to get it to work (with tech support on the line, since the guy in the store of course knew less about the phone than I do). No dice.

I guess this afternoon I'll see if I can get Handspring to send me a new Treo. If not, well, then they can come pick this one up, because my next call will then be to Amex to dispute the credit card charges.
    I wasn't necessarily saying they should clear your inbox, just that whatever they do to the account where clearing the inbox is a result or a consequence (like resetting it or something). Hopefully a new unit will solve the problem; it didn't solve mine. I had my new unit for 2 days before it spontaneously started working again (FWIW it was around 3am that I tried).
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast