Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    one more try of stupid ## screens and codes, then according to the Sprint guy, they are out of options and you will have to start over with a new Sprint accout, new phone number, etc. Maybe I should just sign up for a new GSM account with another provider...
  2. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by bigweb2001
    one more try of stupid ## screens and codes, then according to the Sprint guy, they are out of options and you will have to start over with a new Sprint accout, new phone number, etc. Maybe I should just sign up for a new GSM account with another provider...
    New Sprint account with new phone number? You've gotta be kidding me! This is so ridiculous, it's hard to put in words. What I'd do is take my number and, indeed, go to a GSM provider (on Nov 24).

Oliver
    I got a new Treo 600 about 3 weeks ago and got the same problem out of the box. This was a swap from a perfectly working Treo 300, and now I am regreting falling into Handspring trap and going for the "upgrade".

This is not a network capacity problem, as my Treo 300 was able to access Vision and the Internet with no problem at the same location. I also have been trying to make the provisioning work in different cities (I am in the SF bay area), inlcuding downtown LA last week during a business trip.

I had now two trouble tickets with Sprint and today I spent over an hour with a technician that tried to manualy program my Vision account using the code ##3282 and providing all configuration parameters manualy. The problem is that at the end of the programing, I click "OK" and the phone replies "Please wait", and after a few seconds I am back at the keypad. However, when going back to the configuration nothing was saved!

I believe that the "known issue" is that they have a configuration problem in the network, and some phones that were miraclously configured before the issue, work fine, but now the rest of us must wait until someone does the right troublehsooting to fix the problem, and it is going to take a lot of trouble tickets to incentivate Sprint.

If someone gets a solution from Sprint/Handsping, please post back. I am tempted to return the "new" phone and go back to my Treo 300.
  4. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ribozyme
    I got a new Treo 600 about 3 weeks ago and got the same problem out of the box. This was a swap from a perfectly working Treo 300, and now I am regreting falling into Handspring trap and going for the "upgrade".

This is not a network capacity problem, as my Treo 300 was able to access Vision and the Internet with no problem at the same location. I also have been trying to make the provisioning work in different cities (I am in the SF bay area), inlcuding downtown LA last week during a business trip.

I had now two trouble tickets with Sprint and today I spent over an hour with a technician that tried to manualy program my Vision account using the code ##3282 and providing all configuration parameters manualy. The problem is that at the end of the programing, I click "OK" and the phone replies "Please wait", and after a few seconds I am back at the keypad. However, when going back to the configuration nothing was saved!

I believe that the "known issue" is that they have a configuration problem in the network, and some phones that were miraclously configured before the issue, work fine, but now the rest of us must wait until someone does the right troublehsooting to fix the problem, and it is going to take a lot of trouble tickets to incentivate Sprint.

If someone gets a solution from Sprint/Handsping, please post back. I am tempted to return the "new" phone and go back to my Treo 300.
    Sprint is clueless. Handspring doesn't want to help you, they just want to send you back to Sprint.

If you want to return your phone, and you got it from Handspring, be aware that you have to get the replacement phone from Handspring. I ordered mine last Thursday, and when it hadn't even shipped (!) yesterday, I requested an RMA and will now send back the Treo 600 for a refund. Compare that with a tiny little startup called "Tapwave": people reported a problem with their device, and received a replacement the next day via Fedex (even though it, too, is generally backordered). That's customer service!

It's quite obvious to me that neither Sprint nor Handspring are fully prepared to support this device. You will notice when you call them that you know more about the device than they do. The Sprint people have never seen one, and don't really know anything about the "Palm" aspects. I went to a Sprint store to have it checked out, and I had to show the guy how type in numbers (I am not kidding you!) and how to reset the device.

There is another lengthy thread about this in the Treo 600 forum in which I and others have documented what we consider the worst ever experience with the Treo 600.

Good luck (I mean it!) getting your device issue resolved. By all reports, it's a nice device, but for $500 I expect that it actually works, and that its manufacturer supports it if it doesn't.

Oliver
  5.    #45  
    The prices we pay for early adoption I suppse.............. I have no idea how mine got resolved, but after I got a replacement thru Sprint it worked....after a couple of days. No1 has any idea what the prob is, which sucks. Keep us posted.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  6. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    The prices we pay for early adoption I suppse.............. I have no idea how mine got resolved, but after I got a replacement thru Sprint it worked....after a couple of days. No1 has any idea what the prob is, which sucks. Keep us posted.
    Well, really, with an FCC approved second generation device that has gone through months of carrier testing, one really shouldn't have to be considered an earlier adopter. With my upcoming Zodiac, I would expect early adopter issues, but I know I am buying a brandnew, unique device from a 16-person startup. Here I bought a $500 business phone from the leading (they claim) handheld manufacturer with service from the carrier that claims to "make wireless easy for you".

Really, I think they simply have decided that the number of people who have problems is small enough that they don't have to worry about resolving our problem. It's cheaper for them to **** off a few customers than to get to the bottom of the problem and make us loyal customers happy (I bought my first Palm in June of 96). That's typical bean-counter mentality, and I've seen it in many other places recently.

Oliver
  7.    #47  
    Originally posted by ocs

Well, really, with an FCC approved second generation device that has gone through months of carrier testing, one really shouldn't have to be considered an earlier adopter. With my upcoming Zodiac, I would expect early adopter issues, but I know I am buying a brandnew, unique device from a 16-person startup. Here I bought a $500 business phone from the leading (they claim) handheld manufacturer with service from the carrier that claims to "make wireless easy for you".

Really, I think they simply have decided that the number of people who have problems is small enough that they don't have to worry about resolving our problem. It's cheaper for them to **** off a few customers than to get to the bottom of the problem and make us loyal customers happy (I bought my first Palm in June of 96). That's typical bean-counter mentality, and I've seen it in many other places recently.

Oliver
    That's true, but at the same time we know that neither Sprint nor Handspring has been trained for any more than a couple weeks on this device. Sucks though.......I wish they could resolve this issue already. Like I said earlier, it is a documented error with Sprint, but it says in the notes to dismiss it as a regular timeout, when that clearly isn't the case.
    Guys, I really think y'all should go to the following address:

SprintPCS.HowardForums.com

and PM username cruznis300 with your vision info. He's a Sprint PCS employee.

He was able to help me with bf's treo 600 setup because the stupid dork at sprint set the voice activation date to the day of activation, and the vision activation date to 11/24. bf had a samsung phone with wireless web prior, and the stupid wireless web was still active, preventing Sprint PCS from provisioning Vision. Hence, no Vision until he fixed it.

Both of my treos (mine & bf's) are Rev C, which supposedly means there shouldn't be an issue with settings programming via Sprint PCS.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have my 600 for a few days. Had these problems as well as a few additional that have been fixed by my local Sprint Bussiness Rep. It started as the error 3000 no vision services. I was under the impression that all was fixed. Sorry I don't know what the rep did . But it was fixed in my office through Sprint support. Now a several times a day the 600 asks me if i want to update vision now or latter. I go through procedure which fails. Some times I get an error 3000 sometimes not. Even though I get these error messages, the treo works fine. web email everything. I have Rev C. Anyone else seen this Its only an anoyance but is indicative of the more serious problems you guys are having.
  10.    #50  
    your case was slightly different from ours. Also, I PM'd cruznis and he said he couldn't help me with this particular issue.
  11.    #51  
    i'm not sure if hardware revision is related to this problem. I began with Rev. C, which worked for about 2 days, the the phone reset (which it seemed to do spontaneously anyway) then Vision conked out never to work again. Sprint replaced it with a Rev. B that didn't work initially but did a couple days later.

Maybe the prob is somehow network related? Something about how the Treo talks to the network? I know the old Treo and the i330 used to dial #777 to connect to the network, but this doesn't appear to be the case with these new Treos.
    It has been 4 days since my second trouible ticket was issues and my Treo 600 still can't get connection to the Sprint provisioning server. During the weekend I changed my Vision username and left my phone outside of the network to see if that would change anything, but nope, same error 3000.

Anyone had better luck - is the phone replacement the only solution???
  13.    #53  
    Originally posted by ribozyme
    It has been 4 days since my second trouible ticket was issues and my Treo 600 still can't get connection to the Sprint provisioning server. During the weekend I changed my Vision username and left my phone outside of the network to see if that would change anything, but nope, same error 3000.

It looks like it.....in the 2 cases that the problem was remedied a replacement fixed it.
  14. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Well, the Sprint people told me to get it replaced. Given that they are clueless, I have to assume that it was just so I'd go away and leave them alone.

Handspring promptly sent me back to Sprint, and only when I refused and threatened to send the device back via RMA, they agreed to send me a replacement. I waited a week, and when they then still hadn't even mailed the replacement, I gave up and requested the RMA anyway (before the 30 return period ended).

I am now happily exploring my brandnew Zodiac 2. I know, it's not a comperable device in itself, but if I get a cheap BT phone, I might still be happy. It definitely is a very nice device in and by itself.

Good luck in getting your 3000 error resolved.

Oliver
  15. jbm
    Don't know if this will help anybody else, I know that I almost returned the Treo 600 becase I could not get Vision to work reliably at all from the Treo 600. I did notice though that the Vision service always worked after doing a hard reset and before using any other software. And I would always get Error 3000s after installing and using Agendus and Agendus Mail. Once the error occurred, soft resets and system resets did not fix the problem. I had done an upgrade from a Palm Tungsten T and let the the installer software scan for and place incompatible software in the Palm OS5 Incompatible folder, so I thought everthing would be OK.

Anyway, I did another hard reset removed all palm software, users and directories from my PC and did a clean install. Sync'd with the PC got my 1150 contacts (Outlook) and it has been over six hours now and Vision is working and fast.

Then I installed Eudora mail. Fetched some mail. Same Error 3000 again.

Seems Vision wigs out when other apps try getting on to the net using the Vision network as a proxy. (don't know if that is the correct way to say, does the device have an IP Stack?) After a hard reset and not using anything to access the net accept the installed software, no problems.
  16. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jbm
    Don't know if this will help anybody else, I know that I almost returned the Treo 600 becase I could not get Vision to work reliably at all from the Treo 600. I did notice though that the Vision service always worked after doing a hard reset and before using any other software.
    That was definitely not the case for me: Vision never worked. I never even got to the point of hotsync'ing the device, because I wanted to make sure everything works okay before I go through the hassle of migrating the applications and data over. And during the "trouble shooting" with Sprint tech "support" I went through numerous rounds of hard resets and "reset to factory settings". Nothing helped.

I am not saying that what you found isn't correct for some problems, but it definitely did not apply in my case.

Oliver
  17.    #57  
    Didn't apply for my case either. When it didn't work it didn't work period, no matter what I did.
    I've had my Treo 600 for about three weeks now and had no problems with Vision (although the darn thing soft resets every couple days)... But since the ball dropped for 2004, I've been getting error 3000. I haven't found enough time to sit down and call Sprint yet... it's always such a joy.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Ive had a problem since Monday December 29th when I was getting ERROR 3000. Till this day Im still getting that same error. Endless calls to Sprint and many many many records being written around this issue. Funny thing is I can commute 10 miles in any direction and PCS vision works fine. As soon as I return back to my "home" area - nothing works (Error 3000). I finally had them send me a replacement phone due to my ear speaker doesnt work as well. Hopefully when I get my replacement treo 5 both issues will be resolved. Keepin fingers crossed.

-M
    I'd be interested in hearing if it does! I have the same experience, though -- travel in any direction and it works.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast