Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #21  
    Well, Handspring (now PalmOne) support is rather useless. They sent me straight back to Sprint, who then promptly denied any responsibility for making this phone work with their network, and sent me back to Handspring.

    At this point I now have a trouble ticket number from Handspring and the promise of getting a call back within a business day after they have talked to Sprint.

    Quite frankly, I would NOT buy this Sprint Treo again, and I would -- based on my experience -- not buy or recommend any other Sprint product/service. Whether I'll have to extend this to Handspring, too, remains to be seen (I really hope they get this sorted out, because I am waiting for a GSM Treo 600 for myself; the Sprint model is my wife's).
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by ocs
    Well, Handspring (now PalmOne) support is rather useless. They sent me straight back to Sprint, who then promptly denied any responsibility for making this phone work with their network, and sent me back to Handspring.

    At this point I now have a trouble ticket number from Handspring and the promise of getting a call back within a business day after they have talked to Sprint.

    Quite frankly, I would NOT buy this Sprint Treo again, and I would -- based on my experience -- not buy or recommend any other Sprint product/service. Whether I'll have to extend this to Handspring, too, remains to be seen (I really hope they get this sorted out, because I am waiting for a GSM Treo 600 for myself; the Sprint model is my wife's).
    Call the Handspring support number....but don't say u have Sprint. I think it's option 6.

    The odd thing is that I spoke with Handspring support and they didn't think it was the phone, but said they would do a courtesy replacement. Then he said he'd have a tech call me back, which they did in a couple of days. He wanted me to type ##786 and look for something that says "MSID" (which it isn't supposed to say on that screen) and if that had all 0s then the phone wasn't provisioned properly. When I told him that MSID wasn't listed on that screen at all (though it's not supposed to be there), then he said that it should be replaced. I still haven't gotten the replacement, but since mine is working now I'll prolly tell them to cancel it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #23  
    Interesting. ##786 shows a page with a lot of interesting information (including whether it's a refurbished phone -- it isn't, of course). It does show "MSID" and the value is the same as for "MDN": the phone number. So it's not to show up there at all? Does yours still not have a value, now that it works?

    It also shows a "life timer" (mine's apparently been alive for 73 minutes, and a "Life Data" (KB) value. So how on earth did it send/receive 206 KB so far without working provisioning?

    Thanks!

    Oliver
  4. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #24  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey

    The odd thing is that I spoke with Handspring support and they didn't think it was the phone, but said they would do a courtesy replacement.
    That's what I meant when I said they are rather useless. Why would they replace the phone if they think it's not a problem with the handset itself?

    Of course, I'd be perfectly happy if they (Handspring) sort out the mess with Sprint, and it turns out those guys just don't have a clue and it was their (Sprint's) problem all along.

    Oliver
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by ocs
    Interesting. ##786 shows a page with a lot of interesting information (including whether it's a refurbished phone -- it isn't, of course). It does show "MSID" and the value is the same as for "MDN": the phone number. So it's not to show up there at all? Does yours still not have a value, now that it works?

    It also shows a "life timer" (mine's apparently been alive for 73 minutes, and a "Life Data" (KB) value. So how on earth did it send/receive 206 KB so far without working provisioning?

    Thanks!

    Oliver
    I got it mixed up...they were asking for a MSIN and I told them it said MSID (which it does).
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  6. #26  
    I just received my new 600 and I got the 3000 error right out of the box (atlanta, ga). I had the same experience throught sprint support (useless as always). What is the concensus on solving this problem - just wait it out and keep trying to update? Are there any flash upgrades for the phone? thanks.
  7. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #27  
    Mine has been not functioning (for vision data) out of the box for almost 3 weeks now, and it clearly doesn't look like it's going to fix itself. Given that they have a 30 day return policy, they'd better fix it soon, or the thing will go straight back to Handspring (and I may have to take them to small claims court to get my "overnight" shipping back since they sold me junk).

    If you have been through one round of trouble-shooting with SprintPCS where they made you hard-reset the device and go through a variety of hidden ## screens, I'd at that point give up on them (they are clueless and just following a script since they have probably never even seen the device.

    Call Handspring, and demand to talk to their tech support, don't let them send you back to SprintPCS (they'll try that). The number is 877-426-3777, choose option #1 and then #2. The recording says the #2 option is for email problems, but it seems to be the only way to get a human being at Handspring who's not just selling stuff.

    I got a case # when I called on Monday, and a promise of getting called back within a business day. That did NOT happen, so I'll be calling them again today.

    Please update this thread with anything you might find out.

    Oliver
  8. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #28  
    Called Handspring, they claim they are still working on it with Sprint, and I'll be contacted soon. I'll call every six hours now. I paid'em $500 for this PHONE (incl. accessories, shipping, tax), and their/Sprint's service is just ridiculous.
  9. #29  
    Talked to tier 2 at sprint again. told me i need to replace the handset since they tried to ping my phone several times with an update, but the phone will not acknowledge or reply. the rep said 3000 was a very rare error, so it leads me to believe that this is a hardware issue/quirk. luckily i have a sprint rep at our corporate office and they can get me a new unit same day. if unit number 2 doesnt work, then its back to the old phones-just-a-phone for me....
  10.    #30  
    Originally posted by bigweb2001
    Talked to tier 2 at sprint again. told me i need to replace the handset since they tried to ping my phone several times with an update, but the phone will not acknowledge or reply. the rep said 3000 was a very rare error, so it leads me to believe that this is a hardware issue/quirk. luckily i have a sprint rep at our corporate office and they can get me a new unit same day. if unit number 2 doesnt work, then its back to the old phones-just-a-phone for me....
    Rare? I dunno about that....we've got 5 or 6 people with this problem in this thread alone. It is documented that alot of Error 3000s are being reported by Treo 600 users (a friend of mine read me the known bugs with the Treo 600). What sucks is that even though they're aware of the problem, they're dismissing them as Network Busy errors for now, even though that's clearly not the case.

    I do still find it odd that when I traveled to another part of town Vision wasn't a problem. Maybe it has something to do with the power output of the tower or a series of towers? Because my phone was replaced and still had the same issue (and now just spontaneously started working) I don't think it's the handset.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  11. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #31  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Because my phone was replaced and still had the same issue (and now just spontaneously started working) I don't think it's the handset.
    That's actually what worries me about just getting them to send a replacement (not that I've been able to get them to that so far) -- what if that doesn't solve the problem either? It pretty much seems neither Handspring nor Sprint at this point really understands the problem.

    Oliver
  12.    #32  
    Originally posted by ocs


    That's actually what worries me about just getting them to send a replacement (not that I've been able to get them to that so far) -- what if that doesn't solve the problem either? It pretty much seems neither Handspring nor Sprint at this point really understands the problem.

    Oliver
    yea for real........sigh......
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  13. #33  
    i dont think its the tower, b/c two other guys at my office have 600's and they are working fine. they got theirs about 2 weeks before i got mine....
  14.    #34  
    Originally posted by bigweb2001
    i dont think its the tower, b/c two other guys at my office have 600's and they are working fine. they got theirs about 2 weeks before i got mine....
    then what the heck is it??? what makes this error so frustrating is that it seems totally random.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  15. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #35  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    what makes this error so frustrating is that it seems totally random.
    Random? It's totally predictable on my T600 :-(

    It's just always there.

    Oliver

    PS: I know what you mean, just trying to amuse myself a bit.
  16.    #36  
    Originally posted by ocs


    Random? It's totally predictable on my T600 :-(

    It's just always there.

    Oliver

    PS: I know what you mean, just trying to amuse myself a bit.
    lol
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  17. #37  
    I was on with handspring support and thought i had a fix. got these instructions:

    WARNING - THEY told me THIS WILL TOTALLY RESET YOUR PHONE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL SPRINT TO GET IT TO WORK AGAIN!!!!!!!!

    DO A "TOTAL REBOOT" BY HITTING THE FOLLOWING KEYS-
    HOLD DOWN THE "K" BUTTON AND THE "BACKSPACE" BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME, THEN USE YOUR SYLUS TO DO A SOFT RESET.

    THIS TAKES PRACTICE, AS IT SEEMS YOU NEED 3 HANDS TO DO IT. YOU KNOW YOU DID IT CORRECTLY WHEN THE PHONE DOES NOT TURN ON - LOOKS DEAD.

    NOW YOU HAVE TO PLUG THE PHONE INTO A POWER SUPPLY TO GET IT TO TURN ON.

    CALL SPRINT TO SET UP YOUR PHONE (my phone was already set up, so I think this just another hard reset.).

    SUMMARY - just got the error 3000 again. game over....
  18. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #38  
    Originally posted by bigweb2001

    SUMMARY - just got the error 3000 again. game over....
    That's because you forgot one step: you also need to tap the touch screen in all four corners simultaneously while doing the keyboard/soft-reset gyrations.

    Just kidding... a sad attempt, I know... I feel like throwing the phone out the window of my 13th floor office (fortunately I can't open the window).

    If it wasn't otherwise such a nice device, and if there was an alternative, it would have gone back to Handspring several days ago.

    Anyway, I am waiting for them to call me back... they have two more hours before I'll call them.

    Oliver
  19. #39  
    wow, sprint actually called me back. a tech told me that he was going thru their provisioning servers and clearing out all my data. he was about to have me enter the ip information directly into the phone, but he said he needed to have a treo in front of him to walk me through that (likely story). He says its not the treo, but the sprint network that hosed. it may be linked to those who had a vision phone before the treo and releasing ips, etc. i tried to get a call back number from him, but no luck. i will let you all know if he calls me back and what happens. i guess i should ask for a service credit as well for all this beta testing.
  20. ocs
    ocs is offline
    ocs's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #40  
    Originally posted by bigweb2001
    wow, sprint actually called me back. a tech told me that he was going thru their provisioning servers and clearing out all my data. he was about to have me enter the ip information directly into the phone, but he said he needed to have a treo in front of him to walk me through that (likely story). He says its not the treo, but the sprint network that hosed. it may be linked to those who had a vision phone before the treo and releasing ips, etc. i tried to get a call back number from him, but no luck. i will let you all know if he calls me back and what happens. i guess i should ask for a service credit as well for all this beta testing.
    Lucky you -- I never got a call back from Sprint.

    In my case, the sales guy in the Sprint store tried the manual provisioning (with a tech guy on the line walking him through), and it didn't help.

    In my case, the previous phone for this line wasn't a Vision phone, so the theory doesn't seem to work for my case. But I guess if and when my replacement phone arrives, I'll find out rather quickly if it was the phone or the network.

    As for the service credit... if they paid me for the time I have so far spent on this, I'd get a year or two of free service.

    Oliver
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions