1.    #1  
    Am I the only one this has happened to?

I just received my first invoice from Sprint. Naturally since we are supposed to receive a $150 service credit for a two-year agreement, I expected my first bill to contain the $150 credit and a credit balance. Instead I am being charged $123 with no credit.

The Sprint CSR told me that the credit will be applied to my next bill because of an accounting issue with their system, but that I have to pay this bill now, or I will be billed a late fee and immediately shown to be a credit problem and that even if I complain after the fee is charged, it will not be waived. Given the 600 bucks I paid for the unit, I don't really want to pay an extra $123 this month (on top of my existing ATT Wireless bill while I wait for # portability). I'm currently on hold waiting to talk with a Sprint CSR supervisor.

Weren't we promised an immediate service credit on activation?

Has anyone else had this problem with the Sprint service credit?

I've been an ATT Wireless customer for six years. Is this typical of Sprint customer service?

Other than that, i generally like my 600, though it clearly has many minor
    I would say that this is typical of their service. I've been a customer for 5+ years, and my experience is that their wireless services is great once its been properly provisioned, etc, but their customer service is lousy.
    I agree, I've been with Sprint for about four years and I've never had much luck w/customer service, whether in a store or over the phone. The phone service is great for the most part but I feel like they train their reps to be rude, inattentive and generally unhelpful. Or maybe the problem's just me, at least that's what I'm generally told whenever there's been a problem with my serviceor equipment...
    Customer service is a problem with Sprint, however this is more of a processing issue.

Did you sign up and get a rebate form?

Where did you sign up for Sprint service?

Can't be sure if I can help, but maybe I can explain what's going on if I know more.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    same here. got bill no credit
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Did you guys purchase through TreoCentral? Or directly through Sprint. TreoCentral has been the only one I have seen it in writing that we would get a $150 service credit for 2 years activation. Of course, I haven't got my bill yet, so I can't say what's going to happen to me.
    Purchased through Sprint, have a $100 credit then a $100 charge on my latest bill (cancelling each other out). Returned on T600 to Sprint on 10/12/2003 in return envelope from Sprint. Tracking number is not valid. Return $ does not show on recent bill.

I am PISSED!

Matt
    what is the difference if you get the credit this month or next? As long as you get it. it's all the same difference.
    I don't know if the same thing applies to Handspring purchases but when I bought a cell phone from Best Buy and was supposed to get a service credit, Sprint told me it takes 1-2 months for the credit to show up on my account.
    Facci,

Read the first post. You are REQUIRED to pay the full amount or you get put on their "bad credit" list. Why should I pay and extra ($599 + $100 + $100) = $799 when it should be credited?

Basically, Sprint could be making profit off money they shouldn't be (i.e. gaining interest on our overpayment).

Matt
    Originally posted by DaveChgo
    Am I the only one this has happened to?

I just received my first invoice from Sprint. Naturally since we are supposed to receive a $150 service credit for a two-year agreement, I expected my first bill to contain the $150 credit and a credit balance. Instead I am being charged $123 with no credit.

The Sprint CSR told me that the credit will be applied to my next bill because of an accounting issue with their system, but that I have to pay this bill now, or I will be billed a late fee and immediately shown to be a credit problem and that even if I complain after the fee is charged, it will not be waived. Given the 600 bucks I paid for the unit, I don't really want to pay an extra $123 this month (on top of my existing ATT Wireless bill while I wait for # portability). I'm currently on hold waiting to talk with a Sprint CSR supervisor.

Weren't we promised an immediate service credit on activation?

Has anyone else had this problem with the Sprint service credit?

I've been an ATT Wireless customer for six years. Is this typical of Sprint customer service?

Other than that, i generally like my 600, though it clearly has many minor
    SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SPRINT, they float every dollar they can in the bank for as long as they can. 3 years ago Sprint Home Service 2x billed me, they acked they 2x billed me (i had automatic payments from a account back then) they took it twice and took 90!!!! days to give it back (my long distance bill was like $800 a month). That reason alone is why i will NEVER give sprint another dollar.
    Originally posted by NCTreo600
    Facci,

Read the first post. You are REQUIRED to pay the full amount or you get put on their "bad credit" list. Why should I pay and extra ($599 + $100 + $100) = $799 when it should be credited?

Basically, Sprint could be making profit off money they shouldn't be (i.e. gaining interest on our overpayment).

Matt

The first post says it was for a service credit! How much are they really going to make on YOUR $150.00 in a span of one month?(maybe a$1.00) if they get a super interest rate) Sprint is a company, in the business of poviding a service and making money. Almost every business does the same thing!

Just curious, what is $599 + $100 + $100 = $799???? I paid $399 for mine from HS and didn't pay anymore. Even if you weren't a previous treo owner, why are you paying an extra $200?
    Facci,

Not just one $150 service credit...multiply it out...say 1000 people are in this boat: 1000*150 = 150000...you can make some money on that in one month. Remember, this probably doesn't just pertain to us in the T600 boat...this is a policy across anything. I'm sure we're talking alot of money in 1 month being "held." Oh, and I'm sure a company like Sprint isn't just using this money for a common money market fund or something...I'm sure it is invested and could have a much larger return than <1% per month.

$599 + $100 + $100 ($599 for the phone from Sprint which I returned after HS came out with the $399; $100 service credit on one of my lines; $100 service credit on my other line - I bought 2 T600s).

..and other companies will not REFUSE to allow you to not pay that amount and also put you on their "bad credit" list. Think about it.

Matt
    Last edited by NCTreo600; 10/26/2003 at 10:31 AM.
    First of all, some other companies do it as well. I signed up for At&T and cancelled after a few days because it sucked so bad and was expensive. I had to pay up front and it took me over 2 months to get my money back but I got it back eventually. How much did AT&Tmake off of my $300? I'm not going to cry over it because it probably won't change things or help me get my money back faster and it was their policy plus they messed up.

Is it Sprints fault that you bought it through Sprint instead of HS? Now they have to pay someone to take your call, to package your phone, to send you a return envelope, pay for the postage to send you that envelope and the postage to return the phone that you bought prematurely. Who is supposed to pay for that??? Maybe they should charge you a restocking fee??

Not to mention look at all the people that Sprint let return their old T300's for a full price credit towards the purchase of a new T600. Do you think Sprint is going to make money off that deal?

Sprint is a money making business like most businesses out there. You make money over here and you lose some money over here. Hopefully you make more money than you lose. Maybe Sprint should just give their products/services away so all their customes will be happy.

You have the ultimate power! If you don't like what Sprint is doing than switch providers, that is your right. Personally, I get a very good deal with my package, that I would pay at least double if I went to another provider.
    Facci,

You are going off on all kinds of tangents that have no bearing on my original post.

Here's the problem, stated simply: Sprint should not tell customers that they MUST pay amounts that are documented in their notes that are service credits yet to be applied to customers. In addition, they shouldn't tell them they will be charged late fees and/or put on the bad credit list for withholding an amount that is to be credited and is documented as so.

Is it my fault Sprint had a higher price for a product and I returned it WITHIN THE 14 DAY GRACE PERIOD THEY GIVE CUSTOMERS????!!!!! It is their policy to pay for the return of this phone, so I don't feel bad about that at all. Is it Sprint's fault that something returned on 10/12 via 2nd day air is not showing as a credit on my account? Hell yes!! If I'm charged shipping the day it's shipped, I damn well better be credited the day it is received.

Give me companies (not cell phone companies) that have the same policy about "held" money as Sprint does. When you have a charge on your credit card that you dispute do you have to pay that amount or risk being charged late fees or having it show on your credit report? Nope!!!! Oh, I guess credit card companies don't make any money...yeah, right. If you return an item you bought at Target, do you have to keep paying for it for months until it is refunded? Nope!!! Oh, I guess Target doesn't make any money either. The service credits were to be applied immediately when I upped my contract, that is specifically what I was told when I did this. Is my contract extended 1 yr already..you bet it is...but the credits don't show. Funny how that is...

I did not send back a T300 and get a credit for that. So using that in my case is mute. Stay on the details for myself, not pulling in other cases.

How is not wanting to pay for charges that are suppose to be credited and are documented as such change what I said prior to "Sprint should give their services away?" Dude, you are way off base going here...and I don't even see how you can correlate it. As I said above, my contract is already extended 1 year longer...maybe that shouldn't have been done until my service credit was posted...you think???

Facci, I don't like one thing about this service, the "holding" of money and making people pay for it even though it is to be credited. Their service and plans are very good. Please don't misinterpret my comments to such extremes...

Matt
    Matt,

My original post was directed at the original poster and the heading of this link: "Sprint Screws customers over service credit" He stated that this was a service credit, I'm assuming for signing a new contract. It didn't sound like it was a return. So, for a "service credit", what I'm saying is why does it have to go on the 1st months bill? If you didn't have the service credit, you still would've had to pay that months bill, right?
    Maybe the credit came to close to the end of the billing cycle, maybe it's their policy to put it on the 2nd months bill, I don't know, but to say that "Sprint Screws customers over service credit", now that is completely wrong.
    Facci,

I do not disagree with you there. However, in many cases, these "service credits" were to be given immediately, since the extension of your contract was immediate (at least that's what the CSR led me to believe in my case).

Matt
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    My current bill reflects the $150 credit. I bought directly from Sprint though. I don't know if that makes a difference though.

My upcoming invoice shows the charge for the phone and then the $150 credit plus my monthly charges.
    Good news Nesta!

I also purchased from Sprint. I phoned CS today and was told one of the $100 credits is on my current invoice and the next $100 credit would be on next months. I then asked about the phone I returned (unopened, unused) on October 13, 2003. It was received in their warehouse on October 17, but they won't credit my account until it is entered back into their inventory. So, I pay for it (or get put on the bad credit list and have late fees) until someone in the warehouse decides to enter it back into inventory. It's been 10 days since it was received, and still not entered..... For some reason, this just doesn't seem right to me.

Matt