1.    #1  
    So here's a new one. I have been happily using Myphonefiles.com to download ringers and screensavers to use for Caller ID. (My SCREENSAVER is now and forever will be the "bolted on" Treo logo posted in the "custom wallpapers" thread on this very forum. Check it out, it rocks!) Today I sent myself an X-files logo to go with the X-files theme I downloaded yesterday. I receive the text message, click on the URL and get Error 403- you have accessed a service that is restricted. It goes on to give several possible reasons why it might be retricted but it does NOT let me download me logo. I understand why Sprint would want to block this, but honestly their catalog of screensavers includes 7 images all of which are from this summer's "blockbuster"...hehe... Terminator 3. Not to mention this has never been there practice. Several of my co-workers were still able to download from this site using other Sprint phones, but I continued to try off and on all day with the same message. Anyone else had this issue and if so do you know what the problem is? Is Sprint blocking this intentionally or is it some random glitch? Let there be answers.
    Error 403 is returned by the web server you were accessing, not by Sprint.

If you browse to a site using IE/Netscape that uses "HTTP Authentication" (i.e. a box pops up asking for username/password) and click cancel you will see the same message.

Basically the resource you requested is behind http authentication and you need to login first.

Is this a site that requires login? Did you send your self a link?

Try emailing the file itself to a pop email account and accessing it via your phone. I do this all the time with Snapper Mail.
    I've downloaded screensavers & tons of ringers using the Focus tool from www.sprintusers.com You get a "not a trusted download" question box, but that's it. I'll be damned if I'm paying SPCS for a friggin' MIDI file
    Why go thru all the trouble of downloading images when you can just drag and drop any image you want into the transfer folder? Just use a program to turn it into a jpeg. Picture It works fine.
    I use third party sites also... after doing the firmware update i get an error message (something about database error) every time I try to downoad a midi file.
    Not cool
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    I use third party sites also... after doing the firmware update i get an error message (something about database error) every time I try to downoad a midi file.
    Not cool
    Lol... that member logo pic ya got there is a scarey sight.. ewwww....
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    Not cool
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50481