Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not exactly sure what they call it but it's the loss or damage insurance policy for $4 a month. Anyone know what the deductible is?

Has anyone tried to make a claim? Any hassles. The way I treat phones (rough) I'm thinking this might be worth it for the 600.

Thoughts?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    I'm getting it because I'm likely to drop it while sitting on the can. $4 is less than a grande mocha at Starbucks, so I'm getting it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Deductible is $35. I've always turned it down with the three other Sprint phones I've had before, but with the Treo 600 I said yes before she could even ask the question. Well worth it, IMHO.
    the deductible is $35.00. at least that is what it is for the normal phones. You can only replace the device twice in one year and I have used it before with little to no problems. THey send you a new phone and you send the old one back with included return slip.
  5.    #5  
    Great. Thanks for the info. I'll be adding that too.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Any idea if they'll repair/replace a scratched-up screen?
    the $4 insurance on a $600 phone is undoubtedly worth it. no question.

i had an old phone that cost a pretty penny at the time. i got the phone switched over onto my plan, but forgot to ask about the insurance. when i called back, they said you had to ask for it when your phone was first activated!

just a warning: ask for the insurance when you activate your phone.
    the insurance is definitely worth it... I've had it since i first signed up to sprint.. and have had two phones replaced..... one lost .. one broken....not only is it good for repair.. but if its lost or stolen.. it will be replaced....

u do have to go through the extra hassle of filing a police report... but still well worth it for a 4-600 dollar phone..

d.r.g.
    Originally posted by drgandy
    .....they said you had to ask for it when your phone was first activated!

just a warning: ask for the insurance when you activate your phone.
    No you don't....u can add it anytime.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    No you don't....u can add it anytime.
    just giving you my experience. your mileage may vary. maybe they have changed their practice in the past year. dunno. at any rate, i thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.
    It's only *automatic* with a new phone. To set it up with an old phone, you have to go to the site of the insurance provider (some other company) and put in your number. Then they call you to verify that the phone works before they will insure it. With a new phone, this is obviously not a problem, as they assume it works when sent to you.

I had to do this because I got the phone through work, and the insurance doesn't get set up until after it arrives.

There's a 21 day waiting period during which you can't file a claim, and after that, it works just like the other posters have stated. 2 replacements a year, pretty much any broken/dropped/lost/stolen reason, $35 deductible.
    Does it have to be truely broken, or can it just be slightly damaged, like from a drop or paint chipping, etc?
    I'd been contemplating it in the two weeks that I've had the 600. Reading what you guys were saying put me over the edge. It's a damn expensive phone, and I'm so nervous about handling it, especially on the run. The $4 is minimal, and buys a lot of "Peace of Mind". The Lock Line website (you have to go thru them, you can't go thru Sprint if you didn't sign up during activation) didn't recognize my phone number as being a Sprint number, although I've had it on my old phone for a year. I called 1-800-584-3666 and worked thru the automated directions, and was signed up in about 3 mins. They make a return call about 5 minutes after you hang up to finalize it. IMO, it'll be worth it. If it were a $100 phone, it wouldn't be.
    I've had since I got my 300 last year. Made a "claim" not long ago after it was stolen. $35 deductible, no questions asked, FedExed the replacement to me while I was on the road. Replacement phone is a refurbished unit, not "new in box." , so be wary of that. Otherwise, well worth it.
    Who do we contact to get this insurance. I have had my treo 600- 1 week and when i activated it they did not tell me about this.

Is there a number or a website?
    the company is lock\line
    800 584 3666
    I also had it with my Treo 300. I had no insurance for the first 8 months of ownership, then added it.

When adding it to a phone you've had for a while, you need to call LockLine and speak with a rep who will get your info. Some time later, they'll call you on the phone to verify it works and you own it. Then you go in a waiting period before it is actually insured, then you can make claims.

I insured my phone about 2 months before I upgraded the firmware of my old Treo 300. After upgrading it, I had problems, brought it in to Sprint, they tested it, then replaced my scratched up Treo with a refurbished unit that looked like new (no scratches at all, plastic sheet on screen and both sides of lid).

I assume after upgrading to this Treo 600 that my $4 insurance will continue to be charged on my bill.
    Just added it to my already-activated 600 this AM (via number listed above), will be active after a 20-day waiting period.
    By the way, the don't guaranty the same model as replacement. They do promise the same functions will be on your new phone. I have replaced my Treo 300 twice in 13 months and will definately add the insurance to my 600 when I activate it on Thursday.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek
    By the way, the don't guaranty the same model as replacement. They do promise the same functions will be on your new phone. I have replaced my Treo 300 twice in 13 months and will definately add the insurance to my 600 when I activate it on Thursday.
    Ok.. I'm gonna add my two cents here. I too used the Sprint $4 insurance for my old Kyo 6035. And I have it on my T600 right now.. However, I'm going to drop it and use my apartment insurance company instead. I have State Farm, and they are giving me, for around $25 yearly, a $600 insurance policy on my phone. I look at it this way - Lockline is great, except they send you a referb... for $4 monthly. Moreover, the time it takes for them to actually get the phone varies, but can be as much as 3-4 days. Personally, I can't be without a phone for that long. I'd rather layout the $600 to buy another phone and be reimbursed by my insurance company, and make sure I get a new one. Just my $.0002.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast