Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have been a sprint customer for about 6 yrs now and the insurance is definitely worth it... I get a new phone every year (lost or stolen) and sometimes my phone was even upgraded from the N-200 to the A-500 .... woo hooo .... but don't use it 2 times in 1 year because they suspended me for a year because of that. I should be up this month and I'll be sure to sign up again.
    Interesting story happytreoowner. I called lockline yesterday to replace my Treo 600. I dropped it on ceramic tile. The left 25% of the screen is damaged.

The rep was okay and said a replacement & remailer would be at my door within 3 days. It's interesting to add that she did specifically say the replacement would be a Treo 600. We'll see and I'll drop a line here to let everyone know.
    It will likely be a refurb Treo 600. I dropped mine resulting in screen damage and I got a refurb. This was about a month ago.

- Mike
    Yes, except your likely to get dropped really quickly if you make small claims like that on your homeowners or renters. Your homeowners or renters will also likely go up more than 10 dollars a month if you were to actually make a claim.

I've use sprint's insurance before, but never with the treo. Works well
    Originally posted by Advance The Man
    Interesting story happytreoowner. I called lockline yesterday to replace my Treo 600. I dropped it on ceramic tile. The left 25% of the screen is damaged.

The rep was okay and said a replacement & remailer would be at my door within 3 days. It's interesting to add that she did specifically say the replacement would be a Treo 600. We'll see and I'll drop a line here to let everyone know.
    Update. Got it and it is refurb. The camera on my original worked well. This refurb one has blue specks over 50% of the screen. It's to a point that I'm gonna call lockline about getting a replacement for this one.
    Originally posted by evilhomer
    I have been a sprint customer for about 6 yrs now and the insurance is definitely worth it... I get a new phone every year (lost or stolen) and sometimes my phone was even upgraded from the N-200 to the A-500 .... woo hooo .... but don't use it 2 times in 1 year because they suspended me for a year because of that. I should be up this month and I'll be sure to sign up again.

How much hassel is it to get them to replace a lost phone and what information do they require?

Also, the same question about a dropped/damaged phone. Do they just replace them without any problems?
    Originally posted by alwaysonthego
    How much hassel is it to get them to replace a lost phone and what information do they require?
    I think you have to file a police report.

Also, the same question about a dropped/damaged phone. Do they just replace them without any problems?
    I dropped mine and cracked the display. That's exactly what I told them and not problem.
    Advance.. thanks..

Also, did they just ship you a replacement after filing the claim? Did they have to see the damange item before replacing it?
    Advance.. thanks..

Also, did they just ship you a replacement after filing the claim? Did they have to see the damange item before replacing it?
    They shipped the replacement. In the generic packaging was a return box. You then ship back your defective phone. They do not have to 'see' it first.
    I've had it since January 2004. Has anyone else received a letter from Lock Line in regards to "PCS Equipment Replacement Program Certificate Changes"? I read the letter and can't quite seem to figure out what they're getting at.

###
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You're not the only one. I signed up in Dec 2003 and also got a letter yesterday. Since it didn't look life threatening I haven't read through it yet.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by IL PROGETTO
    the deductible is $35.00. at least that is what it is for the normal phones. You can only replace the device twice in one year and I have used it before with little to no problems. THey send you a new phone and you send the old one back with included return slip.
    New or Refurbished. It is their choice of which one they'll send. People automatically assume that they will rec' a new phone, but its not always true.

I didnt post this to start the right or wrong argument.....but you heard it hear first.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I've had it since January 2004. Has anyone else received a letter from Lock Line in regards to "PCS Equipment Replacement Program Certificate Changes"? I read the letter and can't quite seem to figure out what they're getting at.

###
    that whole thing was in legalese ..i do think i remember it saying that cosmetic damages ie scratches (maybe even cracked screens) were not covered if the phone still otherwise works.. if someone can figure that mess of a mail out and explain it i'm sure we'd appreciate it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123