Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Here is another question. I am on a mac. I am assuming the software you run to reprogram the Treo is windows software, correct? Thus I would have to find a windows computer or someone who could reprogram for me.
    Thanks,
    Originally posted by mwelp
    Here is another question. I am on a mac. I am assuming the software you run to reprogram the Treo is windows software, correct? Thus I would have to find a windows computer or someone who could reprogram for me.
    Thanks,
    Im on a mac too

BitPim will run on OSX using the Terminal (I use it to put ringtones and wallpaper on my girlfriends lg4400), but you will need a PC to run the Kyocera software. I guess someone could make a few extra bucks if they want to reprogram phones for us!
  3.    #163  
    If maswell switch to TREO, benefits are...

FAST CPU with OS 5.X!
    SLEEK DISIGN!

But there is no built in Voice Memo Function on Treo 600.
    And MP3 player, you must pay it.

I owed 6035 before, and I know 7135 is not too much different 6035 (It has color screen and mp3 player). But Treo 600 is much big different. Some functions are good and some functions are missing. But I recommend TREO! Just stop by Sprint Store and try it!

And program to TREO 600, PC must be required. There is no PST software under Mac. Maybe you can use virtual PC.
    the link to the prl file in the FAQ about converting from Sprint to Verizon doesn't work. Has anyone got another link, or can someone post a prl for the Americas Choice plan.

By the way, I probably won't understand the answer, but how come once you reset the msl code you need to load a prl file directly as opposed to just hitting *228 and getting it from Verizon? Is it that *228 doesn't work without something on the phone to begin with?

Thanks.
  5.    #165  
    Becuase without PRL, TREO 600 can't connect Verizon Network.

So evenif you set MSL of TREO 600 as 000000, It still connect Sprint Network first. So *228 bring to Sprint's RPL Update not Verizon.

If you have nice place where only TREO 600 get verizon signal, treo 600 goes Roamming mode and maybe *228 can be done with verizon network.
    Last edited by mines; 02/12/2004 at 11:55 AM.
    Sorry about that PRL link. I will have to disable it. When I get a chance, I will try to attach it on the FAQ thread (if I can).

I just upgraded to the T600 from a 7135. There is no comparison. Yes, I miss having MP3's as ringtones, but there are programs that will do that.

I really liked the 7135, it was just too slow for me. I type and dial far faster than the 7135 would let me.
    Originally posted by GalenMD
    Sorry about that PRL link. I will have to disable it. When I get a chance, I will try to attach it on the FAQ thread (if I can).

I just upgraded to the T600 from a 7135. There is no comparison. Yes, I miss having MP3's as ringtones, but there are programs that will do that.

I really liked the 7135, it was just too slow for me. I type and dial far faster than the 7135 would let me.
    I think I just might make the leap...one other question...do you have it insured? Im assuming verizon wont insure it.

OH, and if you need, i can host the file on my website. Feel free to email me, and I can send you the link that you can post.
    Originally posted by maswell

I think I just might make the leap...one other question...do you have it insured? Im assuming verizon wont insure it.

OH, and if you need, i can host the file on my website. Feel free to email me, and I can send you the link that you can post.
    Before you make this leap, I'd check with sources to see if they can still supply the MSL code that you'll need for your Sprint Treo phone. There's a rumor that Sprint has patched their system so that it's much more difficult to get the MSL codes:

http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=17502

I owned a 7135 also....and it was somewhat embarrassing carrying that thing around... it's just too bulky and felt cheap. I then switched to a Samsung i500; great phone, but it was just too unstable to run anything - got constant crashes. Then came Treo 600....Palm OS 5 convinced me to finally dump my iPaq 2215.

Treo 600 + Verizon Wirelesss? It's a perfect marriage, really. Wide coverage, good signal penetration through buildings and data usage without having to pay for a separate plan -- what a concept!
    Read the FAQ and do some searching on the web. You can easily get the MSL yourself...
    All, this is great work. Just one quick question regarding access to data. Does this include access to your POP3 email accounts?
    Well, everything has been going really great with the conversion for the past week.

Today, I've run across my first problem: everytime I try to page myself through Vz's voicemail system, my unit resets. This never happens with SMS or any other app. The only hacking I did were the phone logo screens and the aqua keys. Could those have anything to do with it?

Has anybody else seen this?
    Have you updated your treo to the latest sprint firmware(1.10)? I was getting lotta reboots receiving sms messages before with the release firmware.
    Originally posted by Trinity
    All, this is great work. Just one quick question regarding access to data. Does this include access to your POP3 email accounts?
    I can send and receive emails from my Comcast POP account. To be able to send, your SMTP server needs to accept user authentication. I've only tested with SnapperMail so I'm not sure if other mail programs will work or not.
    Originally posted by steng01
    Have you updated your treo to the latest sprint firmware(1.10)? I was getting lotta reboots receiving sms messages before with the release firmware.
    Yes, my unit shipped with the latest firmware.

I receive the page fine, but heck if I want my unit to reset in the middle of something important!

I am also having problems recieving some SMS pages, though I believe this is a problem with Verizon. When I try to SMS via the internet, I get it instantly. No problem. However, my paging service uses software and a local access number to send SMS pages. They did not go through both last night and the night before. Verizon said they may have been doing some maintanence, but their unsure really. Anyway, I am in the process of trying to fix that with either another access number and will let you know. Until then, I may just have to stick to my pager as the more reliable device for such things.
    I just bought a treo 600...everyone wish me luck!

...OH and does anyone know anybody looking for a 7135?
    Congratulations Maswell!!

Update on the SMS thing: My paging service reported that about 5 other physicians in the area also lost SMS last night. I hope they get their act together. I eventually received all my messages: they all came at 3 a.m.!!

My phone still does a soft reset with every page attempt. I do get the page when I check the SMS list, but I do not recieve a notification. I wonder if it is the notification itself that causes this. Has anybody else tried to page themselves yet?
    I have just assembled all the required pieces to making this work. I encountered my a roadblock at the first step. Getting the MSL code. Sprint will not/cannot give me the MSL unless I sign up with them and BitPim does not seem to work with the Treo 600. No-one on the boards offer MSL's anymore so it seems as if I'm out of luck.... Is there anyone that can help????
    Reply posted under your duplicate post in the FAQ thread.
    Hi,

Since no one has stepped up in NYC, and for some reason I can't see the FAQ.... I'll be in LA on Tuesday and Wednesday. Can someone THERE do it? They'd need to go all the way from finding the physical phone, through helping with obtaining a VZW account, and putting the Treo 600 on it.

Thanks, Tuc
    Originally posted by tuctboh
    ... They'd need to go all the way from finding the physical phone, through helping with obtaining a VZW account, and putting the Treo 600 on it.

Thanks, Tuc
    Sounds like too much work. The hardest part of this would be to get the phone. I had to order mine and it took 5 days to get it. I think most of the Sprint stores still have them backordered (but I haven't checked in a week or so).

As far as accessing the FAQ, I found an error in the html coding. I can't believe I didn't test it!! I have corrected the error. For your convenience, here it is again:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48493
    Last edited by GalenMD; 02/16/2004 at 09:37 AM.