Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    But do the techs at Verizon have the software to interact with this module? Or at least would they be able to download a new PRL with this knowledge? Or is the verizon tech software limited to ONLY known brands and models?
    VZ Treo 600?

Would be awesome, as I've given up on the 7135 as a viable phone solution for myself.

PetitionOnline Petition to Get Treo 600 on VZ

Just think, perhaps in a few months, this entire thread will be academic...
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Originally posted by adimiron
    Just think, perhaps in a few months, this entire thread will be academic...
    Thanks, but that's old news. The point being that Verizon has not even begun testing (to anybody's knowledge) and if you were one of those eagerly awaiting the 7135, you would know that Verizon takes own it's sweet time testing its phones. It may be a long while before we see any new Palm-based smartphones at Vz. I also believe that Vz invested a lot into releasing the 7135 and probably wants to deplete their stock and/or run out their contract with Kyocera before they offer a clearly superior product

Also, I would unlikely be eligible for any major discounts since I still have 16 months (and counting) on my contract (which is for 3 phone lines and would cost $$$ to terminate).

I could get the Treo and use it now, but I really need reliable SMS, Data and VM.

I am eagerly awaiting mines and others results from their hard labors and hope that I can jump in soon. Hey, by the time Vz gets the Treo 600, the other carriers may be getting ready to release an even newer version (high res, blue tooth, etc).
    There is a lot of reading on this subject. Simple question.............
    Can I purchase a Sprint T600 now at a good price, then keep the service for awhile until I get my rebates....... After that, if I am unhappy, cancel my sprint and pay them the early termination fee. And finally set up on the verizon network as you are talking about? Also, can these things be unlocked if verizon decides to carry this phone on their network? Or will I have to buy a new phone if they ever carry the T600? I need a new phone now, and don't want to sit around and wait for new developments if I don't have to. I can deal with poor service for awhile with sprint, as I have had terrible service with my tungsten W on ATT for 6 months now.
    Thanks
    magicjoel, you typed the words right out of my fingers!

I'm in the same boat as I need a new phone and PDA but have great service with VZW. I have been speaking to a VZW corporate sales rep who gives no indication that the T600 is coming to VZW.

There have to be hackers out there that can program a t600 to work on VZW.

Watching and reading closely...
  6.    #66  
    Finally, I got the uni-CDMA Software.

But this software requires Hardware lock key. Hardware lock emulator driver comes together with that software, but I have no idea how use it.

Is there sombody who knows about hardware lock key software (hardlock.sys) ?
    my inside sources tell me that whether or not the treo 600 will be carried by verizon are still in the "discussion phase" so even if verizon decides in the positive, it will be a minimum of 4-6 months before they carry it

for proof, look how long it took them to release the buggy kyocera 7135 and the crappy samsung i600
    Originally posted by mines
    Finally, I got the uni-CDMA Software.

But this software requires Hardware lock key. Hardware lock emulator driver comes together with that software, but I have no idea how use it.

Is there sombody who knows about hardware lock key software (hardlock.sys) ?
    God bless you, mines.
    You diligence is certainly appreciated.
    I wish I had any knowledge of this, but honestly, you know far more than I EVER will on this topic. If I do come across anything, you will be the first to know.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the hard work mines and for sharing it with us! I have been through similar steps you have with a Sprint to Verizon conversion, with a Samsung A460 and have hit the same roadblock you are talking about.... The PRL.

I am in the same situation as a few others have mentioned earlier. I am currently a Verizon customer only because their network is the best in my area. Sprint coverage is spotty and inconsistent while the Verizon signal is very reliable. Just goes to show that 800 MHz CDMA does a lot better than 1900 MHz CDMA.

If the PRL situation cannot be solved is their a way to force the Treo 600 to ROAM on Verizons 800 MHz network? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    There has been a lot of great discussion here on trying to move the Treo 600 over to Verizon. Lets not let all the information go to waste. If anyone figures out part or all of the solution please post here in this thread.

1) How to get MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) code: I have had success in getting the MSL for 3 different Sprint phones by using ebay. There is usually someone on eBay offering to unlock a Sprint MSL code if you send them the ESN. I will contact the person I have used in the past and see if they mind if I post contact information here. It usually costs anywhere between $15-$35 but it has always worked for me.

2) How to replace/re-program the PRL: UNKNOWN ("mines" was attacking this but I am not sure of his status).
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I was able to get the MSL code for $10 from one of the people selling them at CellPhoneHacks.com. Look under the thread "Need MSL code.."

So I have entered the programming menu by using

##XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the MSL code)

select dial and it brings me to a screen with the title.. "Activating Your Phone". There are three lines listed.

ESN: YYYYYY (Where YYYYYY is my hex ESN)
    Phone Number (MDN): 000000XXXX (Where XXXX is a 4 digit number)
    MSID: 000000XXXX (Same 4 digit number listed above)

There is a "Save" and "Cancel" Button... I am just not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

- Derek
    If you have a T600 activated on the VZ network, updating the PRL using *228 isn't going to work (obviously). Any system commands that begin with * may be directed incorrectly by Sprint's network and not VZ's.

Try to force the command using *22800. The zeros will attempt to force this command thru the VZ network. I'm a service tech for VZW and when someone wants to activate an Alltel unit on our network, as long as the ESN is active in our system this will generally force the PRL update thru our network.
    That would be cool if it worked!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gomus
    Try to force the command using *22800. The zeros will attempt to force this command thru the VZ network. I'm a service tech for VZW and when someone wants to activate an Alltel unit on our network, as long as the ESN is active in our system this will generally force the PRL update thru our network.
    Thanks for the input gomus! I have tried this method in the past with a Samsung A460 that was originally on Sprint but it failed to work. I tried *22801 through *228xx and everytime it connected to Sprint's system. Is it true that the MSL code on the phone needs to be set to all zeros (000000) before a Verizon PRL upgrade can go through? If it is I am unable to find a way to change the NSL code on the Treo 600.
    Any input you could give as a Verizon Tech would be most welcome! Thanks!

- Derek

EDIT: If I remember correctly Alltel does not lock their phones with an MSL so the MSL is already set to "000000". That's why the PRL can be updated.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Check out this link for a very good description of what the MSL is and why it is needed to move the phone to another provider. The only thing it doesn't tell me is how to go about changing the MSL code.

BriDog's CDMA phone MSL Information

Does anyone know how to navigate the programming menu of a Treo 600 in order to change the MSL? Thanks.

- Derek
    Verizon Wireless assumes that the phone is
    not subsidy locked, and programs the phone regardless.

If you are trying to use a phone with a subsidy lock code other than
    000000, the Verizon Wireless OTA platform will not be able to OTA program
    your phone. A lock code of 000000 effectively means that the phone is
    unlocked, as the phone will not prompt the user for a programming code
    when the current code is set to 000000. You will need to enter the
    advanced programming menu of your phone and reset the subsidy lock code to
    000000 so that the OTA platform will be able to program your phone.
    Looks like Changing the MSL is the answer, now how?
    Pete
    Originally posted by gomus
    If you have a T600 activated on the VZ network, updating the PRL using *228 isn't going to work (obviously). Any system commands that begin with * may be directed incorrectly by Sprint's network and not VZ's.

When my T600 thinks it is roaming, it means that it is not connected to a Sprint tower. Therefore, it must be connected to a Verizon tower. Thus, when I am "roaming", dialing *228 gets me verizon's over the air programming. I am currently in "roaming" and dialed *22800, got verizon's OTA programming, dialed option 2, and waited-- until the voice said that she was "sorry, but they were not able to program my phone at this time. Please call verizon wireless from a landline phone and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you..."

Is this because of the MSL not being all zeros, or, as one tech support person I talked to told me, because the handset info in the verizon database specifies a different type of handset?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Originally posted by syzygy
    Is this because of the MSL not being all zeros, or, as one tech support person I talked to told me, because the handset info in the verizon database specifies a different type of handset?
    I beleive the reason is that the MSL code is not "000000". Now we have to figurre out how to change the MSL code to "000000". I just do not know how to access the programming menu that would allow me to do this.

- Derek
  19.    #79  
    Originally posted by syzygy

When my T600 thinks it is roaming, it means that it is not connected to a Sprint tower. Therefore, it must be connected to a Verizon tower. Thus, when I am "roaming", dialing *228 gets me verizon's over the air programming. I am currently in "roaming" and dialed *22800, got verizon's OTA programming, dialed option 2, and waited-- until the voice said that she was "sorry, but they were not able to program my phone at this time. Please call verizon wireless from a landline phone and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you..."

Both of them, As I think.
    According to howardforums, even if headset is for verizon, after changing its MSL as not 000000, the headset can't be configured thru *228. Becuase, sprint's MSL is stored in sprint DB, so when sprint customer punch the *228 using sprint headset, sprint system ask the headset's ESN, find headset's MSL, and then can program it. But verizon system can't find the MSL code if the headset's MSL is not 000000.

Anyway syzygy, can you help me with the uni-cdma SW?
    Until the new SMS comes out, how does one use "short mail"??
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast