Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    This may be a dumb question (sorry), but do you then have to pay a sprint and Verizon bill? Do you cancel sprint after the verizon code works? Thanks!
  2.    #22  
    No. I'm not sprint customer, ever.
    Verizon has agreement with sprint, so verzion customers can use sprint network without roaming charge. (Local plan user must inside home area). Some users who got headset from sprint without updating PRL use phone in roaming mode.

And under sprint roaming mode, SMS is not working. Also you must call your phone number to connect voice mail not *86.
    I got my phone from sprint. Do I need to return it and get one from handspring?
    According to the web forum link below (about a different phone being switched from Sprint to Verizon) changing msl to 000000 should work.

http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=13205
    But what's the code to change the MSL? No one seems to want to share this information! I don't understand that. Why does everyone want to make a profit on this phone? Are people just not nice anymore? There are several people that are responding to this thread that have the MSL info, but they ignore posts asking to share the info. Is it illegal to do so?

Sorry if I rant, but the people over at Smartphonesource.com were much nicer about this kind of stuff when the 7135 came out for Alltel before Verizon, so I naturally figured you guys would be too.

Mike

(stepping down from soapbox now)
    Seems like there are several folks around that sell MSLs for about $10. As I understand each MSL is unique to each phone as identified by the phones ESN. So they do have to look it up for each phone.
    My question is once you have the MSL, how do you then reset it to 000000? Do you need another code to do this or is it a menu you access just by knowing the current MSL.
    I don't have a Treo 600 yet and so I don't have any MSLs.
    I'm just asking that someone just sit down and write out the instructions for this phone, in plain newbie-speak, so that people can actually play with this.

I am planning to buy a T600 next week, but won't change to Sprint, if I have to, until the number portability goes through so I'll have time to play with the T600 prior to activating it on Sprint. If I can get to work with Vz in the meantime, then I'll stick with them because I do everything I need with their slow free Internet access like I used to use on my 7135.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeK2
    I'm just asking that someone just sit down and write out the instructions for this phone, in plain newbie-speak, so that people can actually play with this.

I am planning to buy a T600 next week, but won't change to Sprint, if I have to, until the number portability goes through so I'll have time to play with the T600 prior to activating it on Sprint. If I can get to work with Vz in the meantime, then I'll stick with them because I do everything I need with their slow free Internet access like I used to use on my 7135.

Mike
    Same here. Can anyone provide additional information?
    why is MikeK2 switching from 7135? I have both and am unusre which to keep.
    I got rid of my 7135 earlier this year when I was deployed to Germany with the Air Force. I liked the phone, but I think the T600 is a much better phone, and I've only held one in the plastic bag it comes in at a Sprint store.

The 7135 had some very annoying quirks. If I hadn't been deployed I probably would have kept the phone, but I think it still has room for improvement.

Mike
    FYI to all fellow VZW users - Varipapa posted on Howard Forums that he recieved a reply from Verizon regarding his petition. According to the reply they are working with Handspring and are strongly considering offering the Treo line.

I guess they heard us now!
  12.    #32  
    OK. MSL CODE CANNOT BE SHARED!

Because every headset has own MSL Code.
    MSL Code is 6 digits, and it's just a special number to enter the special menu on phone.

If you have sprint phone, punch ## followed by 6 any numbers. Maybe your phone does not response. Because MSL code was wrong. If you punch right number, your phone shows special menu.

However I can't find any function to reset MSL Code as 000000. And Special menu of TREO 600 is only changing the MDN and MSID.
    I think the SID problem is the issue halting most. The Treo may be grabbing it from PRL, but it is more likely that the option is buried in a debug menu (similar to phones that do not offer SID changing).
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by mines
    OK. MSL CODE CANNOT BE SHARED!

Because every headset has own MSL Code.
    MSL Code is 6 digits, and it's just a special number to enter the special menu on phone.

If you have sprint phone, punch ## followed by 6 any numbers. Maybe your phone does not response. Because MSL code was wrong. If you punch right number, your phone shows special menu.

However I can't find any function to reset MSL Code as 000000. And Special menu of TREO 600 is only changing the MDN and MSID.
    Most new phones don't allow for MSL changes, mostly to prevent exactly what you are trying to do. I know that Sprint Stores can change the MSL with the software and cables they have in-store (good luck getting a tech that both knows and is willing to do this for you).
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    It's been a couple of days, so I thought I might ask: anyone have any updated info on using the 600 on Vz? I am currently using a 7135. This phone was a great idea, but overall, it really sucks (mostly too darn slow). I have 18 months left on my contract, but I would rather stay on VZ anyway since the coverage is far superior where I live.
    Last edited by GalenMD; 10/25/2003 at 10:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Originally posted by MikeK2
    I got rid of my 7135 earlier this year when I was deployed to Germany with the Air Force. I liked the phone, but I think the T600 is a much better phone, and I've only held one in the plastic bag it comes in at a Sprint store.

The 7135 had some very annoying quirks. If I hadn't been deployed I probably would have kept the phone, but I think it still has room for improvement.

Mike
    totally unrelated to the treo discussion, but I'd like to say thank you Mike for serving our country. sometimes we take it for granted, but I think we owe respect and thanks to those who make the sacrifices required of the military life. your service is appreciated.
    Originally posted by iJITSU

totally unrelated to the treo discussion, but I'd like to say thank you Mike for serving our country. sometimes we take it for granted, but I think we owe respect and thanks to those who make the sacrifices required of the military life. your service is appreciated.
    Ditto
    I must say I just read this entire post fpr the first time. I'm slightly confused as to why anyone would go to all this trouble to get the thing onto Verizon's network? It seems to me the t600 will pick up 1900 mhz and 800mhz no matter who your main provider is. Sprint has a plan that will allow you to roam for $5 a month. Then if Sprint is weak I can still use Verizon's larger 800mhz network to make the call. No fussing trying to activate on Verizon. No trying to configure my MSID and MDN to a network they weren't meant for. And no worrying about whether or not data will work. With Sprint it will, roaming it won't. Pretty simple. Why are you all doing this again?
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I must say I just read this entire post fpr the first time. I'm slightly confused as to why anyone would go to all this trouble to get the thing onto Verizon's network? It seems to me the t600 will pick up 1900 mhz and 800mhz no matter who your main provider is. Sprint has a plan that will allow you to roam for $5 a month. Then if Sprint is weak I can still use Verizon's larger 800mhz network to make the call. No fussing trying to activate on Verizon. No trying to configure my MSID and MDN to a network they weren't meant for. And no worrying about whether or not data will work. With Sprint it will, roaming it won't. Pretty simple. Why are you all doing this again?
    Well, for one thing, there has to be a huge difference in signal before it will change over to VZ, which means that you can still end up with a mediocre signal on Sprint, depending on your region. The changeover is primarilly for where there is NO sprint coverage. I will get stuck with a below average signal, whereas VZ is excellent for me.

Second, I am stuck with a committment for another 18 months since I just got my 7135 six months ago. I cannot break my contract due to the cost, and the fact that I have three lines with mobile-to-mobile. That would be 3 contracts to break.

Third, some of us want to keep our same #'s, though that might change in a few weeks if the wireless companies really comply with NP.

Forth, Sprint CS sucks, VZ rocks (except for store employees who universallly suck).

In spite of these reasons, I will not do this procedure unless all the functions will work fairly flawlessly. I am not in a situation where I am desparate to have this phone, I just want it. If VZ is to get it in several months, I will upgrade then. Until then, I have no idea whether this will ever happen, so I would like a run around if "mines" or anyone else can figure it out.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    What you say makes sense but it doesn't seem to work that way. I can not use my phone in areas where Verizon users can and I have my "enable digital roaming" option checked. I spoke to sprint and they told me my T600 won't roam everywhere because it is a single band phone. If it where a dual band phone then what you are saying would work.
    If I am being told wrong then I would love to know it. I would instantly pay the $5 to be able to roam to Verizons network where sprint doesn't pick up (like in the Battery Tunnel in NYC) I hate having to lose calls because of that.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast