Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    OH. my mistake. Location service can be enabled at Sprint PCS. Only Difference is Verizon has option 911 Only.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    Location service? My Sprint Treo has enable/disable location privacy... same thing? (and what is Pass Thru Mode?)

Thanks for the comparison...
    Pass Thru mode is used for programming CDMA module.
  3.    #243  
    I extracted ROM file from Verizon TREO 600. Can I transfer to Sprint Device ? Which software do I use ?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Send it to the site for someone to host it!!! Everyone wants their hands on this.......Sprint Treo with Verizon software....WONDERFUL
    Please send it to me at maswell[at]mac[dot]com. I can host it for everyone.

PS- I think you install it with the Kyocera programming tool.
  6.    #246  
    ## Command FOUNDED!!

It starts with #*# !!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    So is there a way to flash the ROM/upgrade the firmware without using an Updater (since none exist, only a way to extract the firmware). Can software by Brayder.com be of any use? For example, they created Jacksprat which enables you to delete files from the ROM. Could that be used to replace the ROM in the Sprint Treo 600 with the Verizon Treo 600? How do the verizon people in the store update the firmware??

Tray
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by trayip
    So is there a way to flash the ROM/upgrade the firmware without using an Updater (since none exist, only a way to extract the firmware). Can software by Brayder.com be of any use? For example, they created Jacksprat which enables you to delete files from the ROM. Could that be used to replace the ROM in the Sprint Treo 600 with the Verizon Treo 600? How do the verizon people in the store update the firmware??

Tray
    As I know, we must get verizon firmware update software which someone already get from a palmone guy.
    I managed to get Sprint to unlock my phone, but I couldn't convince the Verizon store to flash my 600. They said they had already done a few and fried them (hard to believe), but they did advise I get the low end plan while I experiment, so if by 15 days it has not worked I would only have to pay 1/2 month of a $39.99 plan rather than half of the $99 plan I really want.

Now I just need the cable.... So if anyone is intersted in loaning/renting or selling me on, please let me know!

Thanks/MN
    I looked at the first and last page only but I know that you do not have to replace the firmware in a Sprint TREO to use all features on a Verizon system. I know this because I have a TREO that I use as a test unit for working on different systems. I am a Nortel contract engineer and work on Sprint, Verizon, as well as many rural carriers that buy the Nortel CDMA product. The reason Verizon can't update your PRL is because the OTA provisioning protocol requires your MSL to work. When it is invoked on a Sprint network the system queries the Sprint MSL database, but on Verizon the MSL is 000000 so the system sends it as the MSL. Being wrong for a Sprint phone it rejects the instruction to provision OTA. You must change the MSL of the Sprint TREO to 000000 and it will then provision OTA. The MSL appears in the directory structure of the TREO in the path /NVM/NVM/NVM_0002 at address 07D hex. If you have a verizon PRL you could just place it in the unit yourself at path /NVM/PRL but you must offset it by 6 bytes, or get the Kyocera PST and install the PRL under the Roam tab. It will recognize the phone automatically by it's Qualcomm phone module QCP-6200. The 1xrtt data services will also function as they are the same equipment and system standards. Trust me as I work on the stuff and use the TREO every day. If you just absolutely feel you must mess with the firmware then the PST will do that too, but it is not necessary. Message me if you need help;-)
    madman34,

Where were you 6 months ago when everybody was trying to figure this out??

If you read further into the thread (I wouldn't expect you to) mines, and a few others have figured all this out. In fact, many of us have been using the Treo on vz for a long time now. I created a FAQ on this based on their work. It's too bad you didn't jump on the scene earlier. We could have all been hooked up months earlier.

I think the idea now is to see if the vz firmware will work on the sprint hardware, and if so, will it offer any improved functionality. I am not sure if I want to try it since my Verizonfied Sprint Treo works flawlessly so far (6 months now).
    Now who will be the guinea pig....

As far as the vw firmware is concerned..who has it, does it work and how well will it work? We need a madman to figure it out.
    Any updates to this? Can anyone confirm that the Verizon modified (sprint -> verizon) phones get poor reception in comparison to the verizon phones? Reception?

Is it still possible to utilize mod'ed phones on VZW's network?
    I know that getting insurance on it is still impossible...
    The latest news is that Vz is restricted activation of ESN's to numbers that are registered on their system. People are having problems getting their ESN's onto vz now.
    I'm not surprised.

Heck, I considered doing the whole Sprint Treo 600 conversion to Verizon until I found out that Verizon was actually going to carr the unit. I had come to the conclusion that if Sprint actually did come out with the Treo "Ace" or whatever they call it, and other found a way to convert it onto Verizon's network, that I actually would go down that crazy path. But if Verizon is now excluding ESNs that are not their own..... uh oh.....
    Today I lost the ability to make all calls. I went to vz's web site and my ESN wasn't listed. however, I was still able to receive text messages. I now discovered that I have the dreaded "Network Search" problem. My unit will only make and receive calls while it is in the charger. It may work again once fully charged, which I am doing now. Everybody else is getting replacement phones, but I am obviously not covered since I don't have a Sprint account and Vz doesn't cover this phone. Does anyone think palmOne will address my concern?
    If not, I'm screwed and will have to get a new phone. My only other option will be to use a crappy phone of sorts until the new Ace comes out, though that may be another year for vz customers.
    If PalmOne doesn't hear you, VZW might. VZW is so into "customer service" that I bet if you wait until the Treo 600 is well stocked at the stores, they would replace it. That happened to my sister with the Alltel branded Kyocera 7135. It started acting up and VZW swapped it out without question.

Worth a try.
    I agree with Beryl, and will add that you should go to several different stores. Some are alot kinder about replacements than others. I dropped my V60 in the toilet once...one store told me to go F myself, the other one replaced it without question. Same with a broken antenna...one store wanted to charge me 15$, the other gave me a new one free. I know of one person who called verizon, and they sent him a new verizon treo, and he just sent his sprint treo back....no repercussions so far.

Good luck.
    Thanks, guys.
    I find it hard to imagine walking into a vzw store with a sprint phone and asking for an exchange, but I guess it's worth a try.
    Beryl,

I also have a converted treo with the Network Search issue. The only way I found to get a replacement is to join sprint for a few days, get the refurb replacement, and then cancel. By doing this, you will lose 35 bucks for the cost of activation with sprint. (14 day trial)