Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    The MSL is easy to obtain yourself using the BItPIM sofware. There should be a link in the FAQ. I haven't heard of anyone having difficulty getting it this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Excellent! Good job, Maswell. Have you tried SMS yet?
    What about the script option that mines was referring to? He seemed to indicate that it is not available anymore.
    I just performed the 1.20 update myself and everything seems to work fine as before. Few things to note:

1) as maswell mentioned, the updater puts back the Sprint 10023 PRL, so you'll need to run KWPST and put a Verizon PRL back, dial *228 to update to the latest version before you can make a data connection.

2) I had to dial *22801 on the 3rd try before I could sucessfully update my PRL over the air. First 2 times I was dialing *228. Maybe Verizon's systems were down earlier...

3) Scripts for Virtual Modem still works and still available, as does Highspeed Wireless.

4) You don't need to go thru the whole Sprint-->Verizon conversion; in fact you don't need to do anything other than to put back the Verzion PRL. The final hotsync should restore all your programs and data.

5) the included pop3 mail client seems to work fine...I tried it with my comcast account

6) the camera quality seems to have improved

7) When I turn on wireless mode my phone now would crash -- I have the phone logo loaded. On the 2nd try, it'll power up fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe
    7) When I turn on wireless mode my phone now would crash -- I have the phone logo loaded. On the 2nd try, it'll power up fine.
    I was going to say something about this myself, but thought I was crazy.

My T600 would do alot of strange things, mostly have issues connecting up to EN. One day something happened to the device (Ok, ok, ok, I installed AOLUK AIM) and I had to hard reset it. I loaded all the requisite programs first and everything seemed to go pretty good. I finally got around to loading the Verizon phone logo, and the oddities started happening again.

What could it be doing that would make things wonky?
    I have heard of the hacked phone.prc program causing this problem (the file that was originally used to create the aqua overlay). I did not think that this problem applied to PhoneAQUA_*.prc files. Apparently, tuctboh did it right, and it still caused him problems.

ideefixe, did you try deleting and reinstall this overlay app? Also, have any of you seen a problem with it "hanging" on the power down screen? This was also reported as a problem with the hacked phone app. I don't think it was the Aqua app.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I have heard of the hacked phone.prc program causing this problem (the file that was originally used to create the aqua overlay). I did not think that this problem applied to PhoneAQUA_*.prc files. Apparently, tuctboh did it right, and it still caused him problems.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was the PhoneAQUA_*.prc's that caused this. I was referring to the old Phone_LOGO.prc that was first ever mentioned when the conversion docs were written.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was the PhoneAQUA_*.prc's that caused this. I was referring to the old Phone_LOGO.prc that was first ever mentioned when the conversion docs were written.
    I believe they are similar types of files. I really like my aqua/splash screens and would hate to lose them in this update.

I plan on doing this later today when I have time to mess around if something bad happens. I also use my phone as a pager. Since I am not on call right now, this is a good time to mess with things.
    I beleive that my Treo 600 only works on one frequency/channel either 800/900 or 1900. I have significantly poorer coverage than I did with my previous Verizon phone.
    Any ideas on how to change this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Mark.
    I just came across this on verizon's site. It's a wireless sync program that they offer. Not only must you download two files, but also register with them to activate. Has anyone tried this? I haven't seen anyone mention it here.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mult.../palm/index.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by md6317
    I just came across this on verizon's site. It's a wireless sync program that they offer. Not only must you download two files, but also register with them to activate. Has anyone tried this? I haven't seen anyone mention it here.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mult.../palm/index.htm
    Well, I can't check because your link got cut off.

There's two possibilities.

The first is that this is nothing more than the preexisting Wireless Sync offering that Verizon Wireless has from Spontec. It's not impressive. Certainly not from my experience using is with my Kyocera 7135 a year ago. It was VERY slow.

However, your post caused me to look at Spontec's website again and that leads to the second possibility. It seems that there is a press release from July 7, 2004 on Spontec's website (which now resolves to intellisync.com) indicating that Verizon is going with their newer offerings, though it offers no real details.

I have heard from one Verizon tech and I have read here that Verizon is going to re-launch their Wireless Sync offering. I can only hope that it is better than their last effort. Ideally, we'd see some type of offering similar to Sprint's Business connect and not just an enterprise offering that requires server software akin to Good Technologies or a RIM BES server. While both are excellent in their own right, they leave little to the individual user. Good is no hope for the individual (though I understand it to be outstanding in an enterprise environment) and RIM leaves much to be desired with it's desktop re-director solution.

I guess well see tomorrow (or next Monday).
    Okay sorry for the broken link and although you did answer my post I still thought others would like to see it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/multi...o/solution.htm

Then click on: "wireless sync for palm demo"
    I just got off an American Airlines plane and there is an ad in the latest issue fo American Way for the 600 that INCLUDES the Verizon logo (in addition to ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular)
    Quote Originally Posted by md6317
    Okay sorry for the broken link and although you did answer my post I still thought others would like to see it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/multi...o/solution.htm

Then click on: "wireless sync for palm demo"
    Thanks for the link. Interesting in that I had not seen that demo before. It definately is the "old" Wireless Sync package, not the supposed new one.

My experience with Verizon's Wireless Sync were that it worked, but only with the barest of items being syncronized. You had to disable a lot of conduits to have the sync time anywhere near a 15 minute mark. Yep, 15 minutes. Not fun.

Also, the only e-mail program it would work with was the bundled Palm e-mail program which provided no support for attachments. In short, in was a non-event.

But thanks for the link. Hopefully we'll see some news on their upcoming re-launch.
    I would bet that this would go "Live" when you see the Treo 600 on the available phones on the web, not today for the business only launch.

I too tried (for about two OTA syncs) the old Wireless Sync for Palm. It was awful to be kind. It took more than 20 minutes for mine to work. The big issue is having to have your machine on in order for this to work. For someone mobile who uses their laptop as the #1 machine this is tough to do.

I now have a solution from my corporate (OneBridge from Extended Systems) that lets me sync to the Exchange server behind our firewall. Even with that I only sync e-mail and ToDo, I do the rest in the cradle as they are not things that I need to sync more than once per day usually.

I am hoping that the release of the Treo will get VZW to drop the Unlimited Express Network pricing form $44.99/Month to something like $24.99 or $29.99/month.

Thanks,

Mark
    what kind of data speeds do you get on the vzw treo? if you use dsl speed meter, do you notice transmission rates are the same or faster than sprint's?
    Has anyone updated their sprint t600's with verizon's firmware...and if so, how stable is it and is there an indicater up top to let you know if you are in your local network or extended area? This is the only problem I have had with my converted phone, otherwise it's been a dream!
    I am planning on stopping by my local Verizon Store later this week, although I don't expect them to have the cables and software for at least a couple more weeks... I'll post as soon as I do...
  17.    #237  
    I purchased TREO 600 verizon version. Because I want to compare two devices. The new treo arrived today on my desk and I'm starting to open it! I will post more pics and the differences.
    Hey mines, I would love to hear a good review comparing the converted Sprint to the Verizon branded one. I am in the process of switching but would like to hear the pros and cons. Keep us posted.

p.s. also let us know if MovieRec and SoundRec works on the Verizon version.
  19.    #239  
    OK. Here are differences.

1) Verizon TREO 600 has Dual Language. When first time turn on the device, the phone asks english / Spanish.

2) Verizon TREO 600 has Location Service. This service is turned off at Sprint TREO 600. I don't know TREO 600 CDMA module has GPS or not.

3) MMS Software is included.

4) NO E-Mail client

5) Band can be selected at Phone Menu (Home/Auto A/Auto B)

6) Total Memory deteced by Application is 21MB. (Sprint is 23.1M)

7) There is no "Share" button on Camera Appl, but after shot, "SEND" button appears and the picture can be sent by MMS.

8) NO ## Command!!!!!!! Does any body find to enabled Pass Thru Mode ???

Hardware version is same as C and Camera quality also same bad.
    Last edited by mines; 07/20/2004 at 03:43 PM.
    Location service? My Sprint Treo has enable/disable location privacy... same thing? (and what is Pass Thru Mode?)

Thanks for the comparison...