Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Originally posted by GalenMD

Sounds like too much work. The hardest part of this would be to get the phone. I had to order mine and it took 5 days to get it. I think most of the Sprint stores still have them backordered (but I haven't checked in a week or so).

As far as accessing the FAQ, I found an error in the html coding. I can't believe I didn't test it!! I have corrected the error. For your convenience, here it is again:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48493

Hello GAlenMd
    thanks for yor hard work with helping us to enable the best PDA/Phone ( treo 600) to work on the best wireless network - VZ. I can not get the "pass through" to work. I punch ##3424 but I get an error mesage " Pass through enable Failed" . is there another code I can use? or do you have any other suggestions to enable the pass through?

thanks
    Hi,

I've followed this topic since it started and well finally decided to get one and it works!! Thanks for the great write-up...

Question though:

Anyone have any drop call problems where if you look actually on the attenna bars they come and go when using the phone, not sure if they actually do that while talking on the phone..but I did notice that they were going from 4 bars to 0 bars just buy hitting the home button then going to phone..

Maybe it's the tall apartment complex I live..but never had this issue with my kyocera 7135...

- Jay
    I also have the same problem. However, it doesn't affect incoming calls. And I also had the 7135 with out this issue.
    Yeah I forgot to mention it doesn't affect incoming calls as well...

Hopefully someone has a resolution for it, or maybe it's just something we have to deal with :-/ ?
    Originally posted by trragtops
    I can not get the "pass through" to work. I punch ##3424 but I get an error mesage " Pass through enable Failed" . is there another code I can use? or do you have any other suggestions to enable the pass through?

thanks
    As mentioned in my FAQ, I really am not the developer or researcher for these processes. I simply wished to present/compile other people's hard work in an organized format for those of us (including myself) that lack the skills.

Somewhere around here, or in another forum, there is a list of codes for programming your phone, including the passthrough codes. I never had a problem myself. Are you physically connected to the computer when you try to connect? Is the Com port active? Try switching from Com1 to Com2 or vice versa.

Originally posted by jroot

Anyone have any drop call problems where if you look actually on the attenna bars they come and go when using the phone, not sure if they actually do that while talking on the phone..but I did notice that they were going from 4 bars to 0 bars just buy hitting the home button then going to phone..

Maybe it's the tall apartment complex I live..but never had this issue with my kyocera 7135...

- Jay
    I have never noticed this problem myself, but I never had the opportunity to hit the "home' button during a call yet.
    Actually, it was never even during a call.

Just while browsing through the phone through different apps, sometimes it will happen.
    Originally posted by GalenMD

As mentioned in my FAQ, I really am not the developer or researcher for these processes. I simply wished to present/compile other people's hard work in an organized format for those of us (including myself) that lack the skills.

Somewhere around here, or in another forum, there is a list of codes for programming your phone, including the passthrough codes. I never had a problem myself. Are you physically connected to the computer when you try to connect? Is the Com port active? Try switching from Com1 to Com2 or vice versa.

I have never noticed this problem myself, but I never had the opportunity to hit the "home' button during a call yet.
    GalenMd,
    thanks for your response. the treo was connected but via the USB cable and not the serial cable- could that be the problem?. I do not have the treo serial cable. any suggestions where I can purcahse one or would you or anyone else on the board be interested in selling their TREO serial cable? thanks
    I've heard that if the passthrough fails you should try a soft-reset of the device-- press the reset button on the back once. This will not erase any data, but simply reloads the system extensions and such, which often corrects problems like ## codes not working properly.

Also-- I bought my serial cable on eBay for a penny, plus $5 or $10 shipping. The serial cables for the treo 180, 270, 300, and 600 should all be compatible. (IE just because an auction doesn't list that it's for the treo 600 doesn't mean it won't work.) Try this link:

http://search-desc.ebay.com/ws/searc...textsearched=2

You can also buy them from the handspring online store for around $30 plus shipping, or from the treocentral store for ~$25. (http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=31).
    Originally posted by syzygy
    I've heard that if the passthrough fails you should try a soft-reset of the device-- press the reset button on the back once. This will not erase any data, but simply reloads the system extensions and such, which often corrects problems like ## codes not working properly.

Also-- I bought my serial cable on eBay for a penny, plus $5 or $10 shipping. The serial cables for the treo 180, 270, 300, and 600 should all be compatible. (IE just because an auction doesn't list that it's for the treo 600 doesn't mean it won't work.) Try this link:

http://search-desc.ebay.com/ws/searc...textsearched=2

You can also buy them from the handspring online store for around $30 plus shipping, or from the treocentral store for ~$25. (http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=31).
    hello syzygy

thank you for your help. I upgraded the treo firmware and now the pass thru works

thanks

hello syzygy

thank you for your help. I upgraded the treo firmware and now the pass thru works

thanks
    Did it work with the usb cable?
    Originally posted by maswell

Did it work with the usb cable?
    maswell,
    I was able to enable the pass thru by "upgrading" the firmware however neither my pc, nor bitpim or kyocera pst recognize the usb com port wiht the treo connected. for some reason if i connect a samsung a310 phone via the usb, com4 is recognized. however if I connect the treo via the usb, com4 is not recognized. I guess I will wait for the serial cable to arrive

anyone have any suggestions regarding why com4 is not recognized when connected to the treo and how to resovle this?

thanks
    Any one noticing decreased battery life in using the phone on VZW versus Sprint?

I have no idea why there should be any difference between the two providers, but my battery life appears to have noticeably gone down since moving the phone over to VZW - on the order of 1 day of use versus 2-3 days use.

Perhaps VZW "wakes" the 1xRTT connection from its dormant state on a more frequent basis than Sprint's high-speed network?

Speed
    my battery life is perfect. I use it all day and barely get a drain. Are you actively connected to EN?

anyone have any suggestions regarding why com4 is not recognized when connected to the treo and how to resovle this?

thanks
    (For those following MY saga, I broke down and bought a unit myself, had it shipped in, then realized I zoned out and bought the wrong cable, so right now all I have is the USB...)

I talked to the BitPim people, and they pointed me to libusb-win32. When I ran the test program it didn't see the Treo. As soon as I pressed the Hot Sync button, it did. It appears that unless its attempting a Hot Sync, its not "live" on the USB port. I don't know what ##3424 is supposed to do, but it didn't show up as being live after doing that. I also tried checking it from my FreeBSD side, and again the USBD only saw it when I pressed the button on the cable, and saw it leave when the unit timed out.

Looks like I wait for the serial cable too. Can't find anyone who had it locally, had to order it. (And then couldn't find anyone who'd ship it for Saturday delivery)
    thats interesting...there must be some way to turn it on though! Oh well.
    Hi,

Got my serial cable. I think I got it to do what I needed for the most part. Now, to actually buy Verizon service! Guess I have to go out to do that today.

I went to load a new carrier logo, and I wasn't sure if I did it right. I picked the .prc in the Installer and hotsync'd. How do I tell if it worked before I have service?

Otherwise, seem to be chugging along! Looks like USB just WON'T cut it.

Tuc
    Originally posted by Dominet.net
    Im in Dominican Republic, we have a company here that offers cdma/1xrtt

So, can i safely buy a treo600Sprint and make it work in Dominican Republic?
    Soy De México, Tengo Una Treo 600 Para Sprint. ¿Haz Encontrado Algo Para Activar Tu Treo?
    Por Cierto, Tengo El Software Para Desbloquear Las Treo 600 GSM. Pero No Sirve Para Las CDMA.
    Turns out that the problem I had with "PDPSET 1" was what was killing me. I'm still not used to tapping in the entry field to make it take the input.

I'm ON!

I'm surfing!

I've even TuSSH'd!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
  19. jjd
    Are you using the 1x Express Network? What plan did you purchase?

I'm worried that if Verizon does offer the Treo, they will only do it with some outrageously expensive and/or limited byte data plan.

--Jim--
    Originally posted by jjd
    Are you using the 1x Express Network? What plan did you purchase?

I'm worried that if Verizon does offer the Treo, they will only do it with some outrageously expensive and/or limited byte data plan.

--Jim--
    Currently I bought the $79.95 Unlimited plan. If things work out with this like I want, I'll also add a phone plan and get rid of my other VZW (Motorola Star Tac) phone with an incredibly old and expensive plan.