1.    #1  
    This was posted on pdaphonehome.com and I called Sprint and the Rep gave me the same information:

When ordering the 600, I was told that you need to sign up for the $30 Vision plan which applies to Pocket PC's. I told the rep that this is a Palm OS and not a Microsoft Pocket PC device. She said that the $30 vision plan also applied to the 600.

Was I given the wrong information? Why is the $15 plan not available to treo users?

Needless to say, I decided against ordering until I can get further clarification on this.
    When I ordered, they put me on the $15 plan, so I think you just got bum info.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Bujin
    They told me I needed the $30 Vision Pro plan because "the device has the ability to download data"

I spoke to two different Reps and they both said the same thing.

Maybe I'll try a third time, or just wait for the GSM version.
    Same for me.
    I called 888 253-1315.
    I was told today (F2F) the Treo 600 will be $15.
    And that $30 is for MS PPC OS only.

PK
    Same for me. I called 888 233 3538.
    Man I'm an *****. Just called sprint and had them change my vision plan from $30 to $15. Not sure, but I was singed up for the PocketPC vision for $30.

Now I can waste that $15 on something else! Thanks guys!
    <a href="http://www.nicaddress.com">www.NicAddress.com</a> - Quality PHP, MySQL Web Hosting, Affordable domains too.
    Originally posted by nicaddress
    Man I'm an *****. Just called sprint and had them change my vision plan from $30 to $15. Not sure, but I was singed up for the PocketPC vision for $30.

Now I can waste that $15 on something else! Thanks guys!
    Ask for a credit for their mistake on what you paid them... looks like they overbilled.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I think they Grandfather-in old plans. I had a regular PCS Vision phone for the past year, and had a 400 minute plan for 40 bucks and an additional 10 for unlimited Vision. I'm happy with my old/current plan. When I got the 600, I just had them transfer my current plan (and yes I did have to sign a 2 year contract to get my discount on the new phone). So, I am not in one of the 3 Vision plans, but it's $10, unlimited, unlimited pictures (I've got a couple of hundred over the last 14 months) stored on their site. Is this the norm? I know that over the last few years, plans (minutes-wise) have gotten better and better, but I'm fine with my plan and am thinking the inherited Vision plan is something I shouldn't mess with.
    If you're already under contract from an old vision plan ($10 unlimited vision) then they can't make you change to the $15 vision plan until your contract runs out. Most times, they won't even pay attention to see if it ran out either. There are a bunch of folks on this forum that still use their old plans and they contracts ran out months ago.

I have one of the old business plans with 2000 minutes, shared between 3 phones, plus unlimited vision, the vision pro pack, voice command, etc.... for around $125. It's a steal if you ask me. The great thing is...I'm on a 2 year deal, just resigned in May in anticipation of the Treo 600 LOL.
    Too bad they won't let me change to the 7pm weekends, so I'm stuck at the 9pm weekend rates. No biggie. I still make out like a bandit on the vision issue.

So...for those folks out there with their old plans....PAY ATTENTION to the details of the new plans before you switch. Chances are, your old plan is much much better!

Dizzy
    I am still on the same plan with the $10 unlimited Vision. I just re-signed for 2years with the same plan and got 7-7. Call *2 for something and they will practically beg you to take it. They seem to be terrified of portability.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    It doesn't matter if you're grandfathered in at $10 or not. Sprint's website explicitly says that you have to get the Professional Pack along with another Vision Pack for Pocket PC devices. It does not apply to Palm devices, period. Anyone that tells you otherwise is wrong, and you can have them read the website for themselves.
    But I'll bet they begin to consider including Palm OS devices with the PPC's for the "Professional Pack" if too many of us stream a lot of audio and/or video to our Treos. They are probably making the PPC owners pay for the increased bandwidth that they will use with their "out of the box" streaming audio and video capabilities.