Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    Have a look:

    Well; as for my family we like the Share Everything Plan. The people that are grand-fathered in that are using their data for home internet & everything else are the reason they stopped un-limited data. Not everyone does it; but the majority do. But Verizon does have a surprise in store later on. They are working on it now. So pretty soon that 33% will be up to 100%. Because they are going to weed out the ones who were grandfathered-in. Our data speeds are fast now, but when these are weeded out it will be even better.

    Southerngirl, 4 days ago
    Verizon Share Everything plans now used by one third of subscribers | BGR

    So what should I make of it?

    Cause as of this moment, I feel ready to castrate this person, but as they say, "don't shoot the messenger".

    I use my 5GB data plan as a home internet connection, and this was a special offer that came with the Pre+. If Verizon decides to terminate an 8 year loyal customer over not upgrading, if that's what s/he is implying, I'm not gonna take that sitting down. I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Maybe it's just a 15 year old boy trying to get everyone riled up, or could be an actual employee that shares VZW executives' megalomania, who knows?

    I've been planning to build a Verizon-on-Verizon FrankenPre sometime next year and keep my old plan, so yea, i 've got a vested interest. Maybe this is one and only time a troll really got me. But Verizon should realize that this old plan is the only thing that keeps me from saying goodbye.
  2. #2  
    Why would anyone upgrade if they have no need of it, unless they plan to just cripple the old plan somehow rather than offer more to entice ppl to upgrade.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Why would anyone upgrade if they have no need of it, unless they plan to just cripple the old plan somehow rather than offer more to entice ppl to upgrade.
    They just expect people to upgrade to a shiny new phone every time, because it's human nature, lol

    I think the only way for them to try to force me to agree to new terms is to have me sign a contract, and that means an upgrade. As long as I stick with my Pre+ or its commboard, I'm entitled to the bundled offer (5GB hotspot). So this person either doesn't know what s/he is talking about, or Verizon is going to get aggressive about forcing out non-contract subscribers...

    If s/he is talking about Voice over LTE, full adoption (and death of 3G/EV-DO) is five years away and there's no good reason to gloat about it or even tell anyone...


    Edit: If their "trick" will be to tell everyone that their old, unused upgrade credits will expire, well, I'll tell them I couldn't care less...

    Pal Pre forever
    Last edited by Remy X; 08/03/2013 at 04:53 PM.
    boovish likes this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Have a look:



    Verizon Share Everything plans now used by one third of subscribers | BGR

    So what should I make of it?

    Cause as of this moment, I feel ready to castrate this person, but as they say, "don't shoot the messenger".

    I use my 5GB data plan as a home internet connection, and this was a special offer that came with the Pre+. If Verizon decides to terminate an 8 year loyal customer over not upgrading, if that's what s/he is implying, I'm not gonna take that sitting down. I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Maybe it's just a 15 year old boy trying to get everyone riled up, or could be an actual employee that shares VZW executives' megalomania, who knows?

    I've been planning to build a Verizon-on-Verizon FrankenPre sometime next year and keep my old plan, so yea, i 've got a vested interest. Maybe this is one and only time a troll really got me. But Verizon should realize that this old plan is the only thing that keeps me from saying goodbye.
    They have been trying to get rid of peoples unlimited plans for a while, they wouldn't get rid of you plan with the 5GB but they will force you to get a share everything plan
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    They have been trying to get rid of peoples unlimited plans for a while, they wouldn't get rid of you plan with the 5GB but they will force you to get a share everything plan
    Can you please elaborate? If neither I nor my mother make any changes to the account, she still keeps her Pre+ as well, how do you think they will try to do that?

    Will they just one day send us a huge bill for having used up 8.5GB between the two of us?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Can you please elaborate? If neither I nor my mother make any changes to the account, she still keeps her Pre+ as well, how do you think they will try to do that?

    Will they just one day send us a huge bill for having used up 8.5GB between the two of us?
    Basically they will just continue to bother you to get rid of it. So far you can't buy a subsidized Cell Phone anymore, and I think that they will start to throttle it.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  7. #7  
    I activated a flip phone for my son, good old LG VX8300, all he needs is voice and texts...

    My wife and I and my son now share a plan, both my wife and I are unlimited data (she has an iPhone4S) and I have a PrePlus, when I activated he joined our shared plan for voice and unlimited texts.

    However, he does not have unlimited data ($1.99 per MB, what a rip off), so I blocked all data to his cell.

    Now, when I talked to Verizon, they told me I can keep my Grandfathered plan (which will turn month-to-month) at the end of the month, as long as I can until I switch to a subsidized phone, if I use a phone on ebay/amazon/some store (just buy the phone and not connect it to Verizon), then use the switch my device, my existing plan stays...

    Now if I miss a payment, or cancel my contract (even though it would be month-to-month), then I will loose the plan.

    So here is the kicker, a new phone with a 2 year contact free, but the shared plan as I can use up to 12G in one month (not including tethering 5G free with hotspot), we pay a premium for keeping unlimited 3G (as the PrePlus can only use 3G).

    FYI I have heard others say if you go LTE you have to switch to a new plan, but I do not know this to be true and the Verizon Rep I talked to said that it was not true, but YMMV...
    Remy X likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon secret shopper....Me
    By PHANTOM_PAIN in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04/06/2010, 11:00 PM
  2. Sick of all the "troll hunters"...
    By SkinFlaps in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07/29/2009, 06:34 AM
  3. What if: Surprise Surprise: Pre is FREE after Rebate on June 7th
    By Pre_Diction in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05/01/2009, 05:39 AM
  4. 8 Insider Tips From a Former Verizon Sales Rep
    By PruSucks in forum North American Carriers (CDMA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/25/2007, 02:24 PM
  5. Sick of Verizon...How is Sprint?
    By interclubs in forum North American Carriers (CDMA)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02/17/2005, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions