Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Cell Phone Service Companies | Cricket Wireless

I noticed a nice deal on cell service (I'm a tight wad ) from Cricket Wireless, they don't serve everyone in the world, but they have a nice coverage area.

For $50/month you get: Unlimited Voice & Messaging, Unlimited Data (1GB Full Speed), "Unlimited Music Downloads" (I'm afraid that is only for Androids )

For $60/month you get all of the above plus: 2.5GB of Full Speed Data instead of 1GB, Unlimited 411 Assistance, and "Cricket Tethering" (Their "official" app for it probably isn't on webOS, but I hear FreeTether is good )

Also, I was talking to the LiveChat support about unlocked phones, and they said a Verizon or Sprint phone can be used on their network
    Last edited by webos_ftw; 09/10/2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: RumoredNow taught me something :)
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
    Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Cell Phone Service Companies | Cricket Wireless

I noticed a nice deal on cell service (I'm a tight wad ) from Cricket Wireless, they don't serve everyone in the world, but they have a nice coverage area.

For $50/month you get: Unlimited Voice & Messaging, Unlimited Data (1GB Full Speed), "Unlimited Music Downloads" (I'm afraid that is only for Androids )

For $60/month you get all of the above plus: 2.5GB of Full Speed Data instead of 1GB, Unlimited 411 Assistance, and "Cricket Tethering" (Their "official" app for it probably isn't on webOS, but I hear FreeTether is good )

Also, I was talking to the LiveChat support about unlocked phones, and they said ANY Verizon or Sprint unlocked phone can be used on their network
    Unlocked is a misnomer for CDMA service. The lock is not on the phone side like it is for GSM models.

CDMA networks authenticate phones by ESN. If your ESN is in their database you get access.

Curiously there is an old revived thread in the Pre forum. Apparently people used to "Flash" their Sprint phone to enable it on Cricket???

I'm still poking around at that in my spare time and no one has answered the user who bumped the old thread: Palm Pre on cricKet Knowledgebase
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Unlocked is a misnomer for CDMA service. The lock is not on the phone side like it is for GSM models.

CDMA networks authenticate phones by ESN. If your ESN is in their database you get access.

Curiously there is an old revived thread in the Pre forum. Apparently people used to "Flash" their Sprint phone to enable it on Cricket???

I'm still poking around at that in my spare time and no one has answered the user who bumped the old thread: Palm Pre on cricKet Knowledgebase
    Yea, I just noticed that, I'm not to educated in CDMA networks, I really don't like them. And I saw that thread, and it looks like a pain in the **** to get working
    Cricket may have revamped their process...

I'm pretty sure what the rep meant is that if you have a clean ESN (the phone never reported as lost/stolen or owing contract fees) then they can activate your CDMA phone.

I'd ask for a rep to clarify the activation process. They may just insert your ESN into their database and give you an activation code which will send configurations to the phone when connected. Much like PagePlus does now for Verizon phones.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee