webOS Nation Forums >  Carrier Discussion >  North American Carriers (CDMA) > Ting
Ting

Old 08/29/2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just an FYI that virtual operator Ting, which runs on the Sprint network, appears to be preparing to allow customers to bring their own (Sprint) phones: https://ting.com/blog/byod-coming-soon-to-ting/
welchmjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

FWIW, I brought two old Sprint LG phones to Ting. You can't Bring Your Own Palm Pre from Sprint at this time. Ting customer service has been top notch and the prices are cheap enough, pay as you go. If you use more minutes/data/txt, you pay more. Use less, pay less. https://ting.com/

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/24/2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: removed kickback link and replaced with main link to site
Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2013, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

well that sucks. i was hoping i could bring over one of my old pre phones. they dont allow any palm phones at all? pre2/3 etc?
c000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2013, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illli View Post
well that sucks. i was hoping i could bring over one of my old pre phones. they dont allow any palm phones at all? pre2/3 etc?
I contacted Ting and they have a "white list" of approved phones. Palm devices of any type (PalmOS, WinMo or webOS) are not supported but it doesn't mean they won't activate them. They're looking for guinea pigs and developer types to help them with activating different phones. The rep told me that there has been a very high number of requests for the Pre and they're looking into it. Long story short, they think there's nothing else besides Android.
fatclue_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2013, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah, i went in search of more answers and looks like i read the same as you did. does not appear it will be any time soon

anyone know of any mvno that allows the use of these devices?
c000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carrier, ting

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0