Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By addiarmadar
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    So my contract ends in April. I can early restart in feb and get a new phone but I dont want to use my upgrade on sprint I want to wait until the iphone 5 if possible. So if I purchased a motorola photon of contract to say whatever and just used it and got to april and had to renew my contract in april. Do I loose my new contract upgrade?
    No you will not lose your upgrade. As long as the phone is purchased from say craigslist (with a clean esn) you should be just fine.
    To note that you're bill up be upped by 10 bucks if not done so yet.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    vhatef likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This is true. I have called Sprint every month for the past few months to have them reverse the $10 "premium data" fee. They did it (after much arguing and frustration, of course) until I changed phones. Now they flat out deny it even though I've had a smartphone since they came out with smartphones. Also, once you upgrade, in addition to the extra $10, beware of the $35 "upgrade fee." Oh and did I mention that the $7 insurance premium is now upped to $8 per month? Also, once you sign that nice pad and get your shiny new phone, the early termination fee has been upped to $350. Also, be very careful with the phone you choose for your upgrade. Once you take it, if you bring it back to exchange it, BAM $35 bucks down the drain...

Sorry for the blabber. You all probably knew this and it's probably irrelevant to your original question. I just read the last post and needed to vent.

Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatef View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This is true. I have called Sprint every month for the past few months to have them reverse the $10 "premium data" fee. They did it (after much arguing and frustration, of course) until I changed phones. Now they flat out deny it even though I've had a smartphone since they came out with smartphones.

What's true? I'm not even clear what addiarmadar said...

As for the $10/month fee well...that's what everyone with a smartphone on Sprint has to pay (unless they're using one of those Replenish phones). It has nothing to do with how long you've been a customer or how long you've been using smartphones. It's just their way of nickel and diming data users...which is still not as bad as Verizon or AT&T.