Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ok, I've see there are similar post like this, but not with my topic, I like my palm pre from sprint. I have not seen any other phone with the cards feature, I think its a great way to make your way around a phone, my girl has sprint evo 4g shift, sometimes there are a bunch of apps on that she does not know about, that is suppose to be an advanced phone, I also notice here bluetooth range is shorter than mine. my phone is starting to show physical issues, does anybody know another phone that does cards preferably a sprint phone? thanks for the tip in advance. cards and tethering is so cool.

anywho
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    ok, I've see there are similar post like this, but not with my topic, I like my palm pre from sprint. I have not seen any other phone with the cards feature, I think its a great way to make your way around a phone, my girl has sprint evo 4g shift, sometimes there are a bunch of apps on that she does not know about, that is suppose to be an advanced phone, I also notice here bluetooth range is shorter than mine. my phone is starting to show physical issues, does anybody know another phone that does cards preferably a sprint phone? thanks for the tip in advance. cards and tethering is so cool.

anywho
    No. No other phone does it quite the same although most of them are starting to implement cards in some kinda fashion. The new upgrade for android will have cards in a vertical orientation.

I suggest you get a pre2 off ebay and get it modified to work on sprint. If you love cards you will love it even more with the stacks feature. I wish more apps would take advantage of it, but you can arrange them yourself.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Yeah, it sounds like a FrankenPre 2 is your way forward.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    No. No other phone does it quite the same although most of them are starting to implement cards in some kinda fashion. The new upgrade for android will have cards in a vertical orientation.

I suggest you get a pre2 off ebay and get it modified to work on sprint. If you love cards you will love it even more with the stacks feature. I wish more apps would take advantage of it, but you can arrange them yourself.
    how much are they selling them for? is it easy to modify to work on sprint?
    One thing you can do is use some of the custom ROM's on Android to make it more webOS like....

That's more like scribbling a Nike Swoosh on the side of your KEDS, but still....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    how much are they selling them for? is it easy to modify to work on sprint?
    Last time I checked it was about $150. Its easy to make the mod but if you are not comfortable you can have it done for about $80.

Also remember the pre2 is made of different materials so it will look good longer. Glass screen won't scratch and rest is like the touchstone back, look good forever.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Last time I checked it was about $150. Its easy to make the mod but if you are not comfortable you can have it done for about $80.

Also remember the pre2 is made of different materials so it will look good longer. Glass screen won't scratch and rest is like the touchstone back, look good forever.
    150! thats high! for a brake out phone, can I get sprint support on it? and 80 for someone to rig it thats crazy. even with the cards feature hmm I might just head over the one of the droids. unlease I can pick up a brand new pre for 20 bucks.
    150! thats high! for a brake out phone, can I get sprint support on it? and 80 for someone to rig it thats crazy. even with the cards feature hmm I might just head over the one of the droids. unlease I can pick up a brand new pre for 20 bucks.
    What do you mean break out phone? As for the cost, it depends on what user experience is valuable to you and what you can afford. Personally I have a pre2 and a backup just sitting there just in case. No you can't get Sprint support for it.

As for getting a droid, my friends have evo and iphone 4s and I wouldn't want one of those things if they were free. To each his own.
    Last edited by laingman; 12/05/2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    What do you mean break out phone? As for the cost, it depends on what user experience is valuable to you and what you can afford. Personally I have a pre2 and a backup just sitting there just in case. No you can't get Sprint support for it.

As for getting a droid, my friends have evo and iphone 4s and I wouldn't want one of those things if they were free. To each his own.
    breakout bootleg phone that you cant even get support on. 150 crazy. no way
    breakout bootleg phone that you cant even get support on. 150 crazy. no way
    OK, so you don't want to spend a lot of money but you want a new phone with card style multitasking.

I think your choice is get an android phone with the new ice cream sandwich software which will have cards vertical, no stacks tough. Or a windows phone with mango software and hold down a button and you will get cards.

Not sure about carriers and pricing, but expect around $200 with a contract. Or maybe some kinda promotion for the holidays.

If you want webos experience on a new phone on sprint, then pre2 is your only choice.
    And I don't know what's the tethering situation on those phones.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I recommend the Galaxy SII on Sprint. The only things I'm missing from Pre/WebOS is synergy and the Touchstone. Card view is nice (there is a task manager based on it) but I stopped closing apps manually a few months ago (besides Pandora).

Look this article over if you're worried about switching to Android. Set me straight on a few issues I had before switching:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    OK, so you don't want to spend a lot of money but you want a new phone with card style multitasking.

I think your choice is get an android phone with the new ice cream sandwich software which will have cards vertical, no stacks tough. Or a windows phone with mango software and hold down a button and you will get cards.

Not sure about carriers and pricing, but expect around $200 with a contract. Or maybe some kinda promotion for the holidays.

If you want webos experience on a new phone on sprint, then pre2 is your only choice.
    dont get me wrong the pre is a good phone with good features but its not that serious to pay that amount on a bootleg phone, thats crazy no support no insurance lol it brakes I'm out almost 300 lol. actually im eligible for an upgrade. can get the evo shift for nothing and the evo for 50 bucks. Im going to check out the Galaxy SII on Sprint like Honis recommended.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I recommend the Galaxy SII on Sprint. The only things I'm missing from Pre/WebOS is synergy and the Touchstone. Card view is nice (there is a task manager based on it) but I stopped closing apps manually a few months ago (besides Pandora).

Look this article over if you're worried about switching to Android. Set me straight on a few issues I had before switching:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html
    Honis, I'll check out the features, quick question the cards are like the pre? and can you flip them away to close? my girlfriend evo shift apps are running in background and u have to go through some additional settings to change that or something. I like the smooth changing and fast browser though. bigger screen etc. The reboot on the pre is bad takes about 3 minutes.
    Personally the issue with support from sprint never crossed my mind, I just doctor the phone.

I now have a phone with the best operating system in my opinion, I am not paying sprint $7 a month for insurance, I am not paying them $10 per month for the privalage of having a smartphone, I am not paying $30 per month for tethering my phone with a new 5 gig cap. I think I have already got the money back I paid for my Pre2, I did the math.

And don't they try to charge $100 even with insurance? I don't remember.
    Last edited by laingman; 12/06/2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Personally the issue with support from sprint never crossed my mind, I just doctor the phone.

I now have a phone with the best operating system in my opinion, I am not paying sprint $7 a month for insurance, I am not paying them $10 per month for the privalage of having a smartphone, I am not paying $30 per month for tethering my phone with a new 5 gig cap. I think I have already got the money back I paid for my Pre2, I did the math.

And don't they try to charge $100 even with insurance? I don't remember.
    I don't have insurance either, I am very careful with my phone. I have unlimited everything. My girl has insurance she definitely needs it her current phone is maybe a month old its already falling apart she is very hard on phones. we are going to switch hers out this weekend. I wont say pre is the best a matter of fact I now its not the best, anymore those days have past a couple of years ago. I like the cards feature but these phones are not designed to last its that simple maybe a year or two tops they are made of cheap plastic and a circuit board, your really paying for the technology, which is getting better and better.I mean the samsung galaxy s2 blows the pre out of the water! 1.2ghz dual core processor, 16gb of internal storage (16gigs!) 480x800 res screen, 802.11 b/g and n! wi-fi, bluetooth 3.0! camera on the front and the back! and sd card slot. And lets not talk about apps google android has apps out the ying yang! and I am sure I will be able to get bootleg free tether app. I wont even put the pre specs up. There is no comparison. Now if I could just talk the sprint folks down to 100! :-)
    tntdean likes this.
    i think you may never be satisfied so just stick with your sprint pre until it dies.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Seems like you want an android phone to me. Just get the latest one and with the new ice cream sandwich when its released will have cards knockoff. The cards will be vertical and you swipe from the side instead of up. And the noticiations and just type copied from webos. there you go.
    Seems like you want an android phone to me. Just get the latest one and with the new ice cream sandwich when its released will have cards knockoff. The cards will be vertical and you swipe from the side instead of up. And the noticiations and just type copied from webos. there you go.
    yep forgot about that. yeah maybe wait for the new version. that said like i said if people are so in love with webos, happy with webos, and their phones aren't broken i don't see a reason to switch. That is if you're actually already satisfied. But if you must have the latest of it's breaking well then you've got a choice i guess.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    yep forgot about that. yeah maybe wait for the new version. that said like i said if people are so in love with webos, happy with webos, and their phones aren't broken i don't see a reason to switch. That is if you're actually already satisfied. But if you must have the latest of it's breaking well then you've got a choice i guess.
    these phones are designed to last 1 to 2 years, really think about it its plastic components, a circuit board and glass or near glass or clear plastic face with the touch technology at the back. the technology is what you are paying for and its getting better and better, to me it could be a moon phone on the mars network if I can get 3g or 4g where I live then its worth it thats faster than my current home internet lol, and all the additional new technology on that galaxy s2, bluetooth 3.0, camera front and back, 8meg camera, dual core processor etc. the figures for a bootleg "new" pre is 180!? say I even get it for 100 or even 80 bucks. I have to doctor it to get it where I want it to be. I cant take it into a sprint store for anything, if the mare chance something happens to it, I'm jacked. With a real sprint phone they will give me a temp phone even if its not on my contract. Its nice to tinker with a phone every now and then but time after time, I have to doctor this and root it, it could be one syntax thats off its back to the drawing board lol. I work with pc's, ip phones, servers, linux o/s, switches and routers, I change up the config, add users make upgrades etc. sometimes its an easy change sometimes not, that eats up time. I don't have the time to tinker with the phone on the regular. And the reboot on the pre takes so long whats up with that. If I can get the galaxy s2 for 100 then its past worth it. Its coast first, then technology, and time I have to spend to get my phone up to speed. Its cool but not that serious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast