Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wcalhoun
  1.    #1  
    I have noticed that on my Verizon Pre Plus the GPS problems I have been experiencing have gone away. I get a fix on my position with both BFGmaps and Bing Maps that is much closer to my actual location and not the nearest cell tower. This behavior has been apparent since HP replaced Google Maps with Bing Maps. I hope this is a real fix and not just an anomaly.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm not sure. I thought so at first but then had two times when it picked up the old location that was so common with google maps and one instance of not having any location data.

I'm on the fence as to the impact of this upgrade.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have lost gps on my VZW Pre 2 with map upgrade. Not very useful. How do I go back to Google map?
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I doubt the maps update did anything to affect GPS at all. Most of the time what you get is google location info while the GPS never actually activates. On verizon pre 2's you have to mess with the GPS Fix app to prod the GPS into functioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcalhoun View Post
    I have lost gps on my VZW Pre 2 with map upgrade. Not very useful. How do I go back to Google map?
    My VZW Pre 2 GPS is non-functional after map upgrade. =|

It kinda worked before.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The Bing map app works very well for me with GPS Fix. Google and or BFG didn't work AT ALL before this no matter what I did.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I'm on AT&T and my GPS seems weaker than before. All of my apps are having trouble.
    This Bing maps SUCKS in comparison to Google Maps...and what is worse, if I want to view Google maps in the web browser....it won't let me...it just open Bing Maps, which doesn't have what I need! Very frustrating indeed!! Hoping to find some other mapping program to use, but doubt it will happen
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoalBear View Post
    This Bing maps SUCKS in comparison to Google Maps...and what is worse, if I want to view Google maps in the web browser....it won't let me...it just open Bing Maps, which doesn't have what I need! Very frustrating indeed!! Hoping to find some other mapping program to use, but doubt it will happen
    Try 72ka's version of Google Maps

New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

However, my Verizon GPS woes continue...more so around my town, things work a bit better when I'm traveling out of my normal area.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!