1.    #1  
    I use a prepaid cell carrier, iwireless, who is a prepaid reseller for Sprint. I'm looking at upgrading from my ancient dumbphone, so I figure my Touchpad needs a companion -- whats the top of the line webOS phone that was made for Sprint? Also, if anyone happens to be familiar with the carrier (doubtful.. haha), any idea if they will have a problem with activating it?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    The one and ONLY webOS phone on Sprint is the original Pre. There is also the possibility of replacing the comm board in a Pre+ or Pre 2 from a Pre creating the so-called Franken.

Oh, and the Pixi. My bad! (Thanks, Philly!)
    Last edited by davidtm; 10/15/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Actually, there are two webOS phones specifically for Sprint. That's the original Palm Pre and the Palm Pixi. However, the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pre 2 can be converted into Sprint Pres but you need an original pre to do it. There are many guides on how to do this but you may not feel comfortable doing this. You could get the HP Pre 3 on ebay and just go with h2o wireless which is also prepaid if you wanted to get away from Sprint. I have Sprint and I'm using a Pre 2 but I also have a Pre 3 on a prepaid account.

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 10/15/2011 at 11:10 AM.
    By the way, I looked up iwireless and it is an affiliate of T-mobile not Sprint. So since its gsm you could get an unlocked Pre 3 but the data would be 2.5G instead of 3G.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
  5.    #5  
    Comfortable, yes. Do I want to spend the time ? Not really ok, so, pre and Pixi. Got it. And phillyeagles, that's a different iwireless, there are (at least) two. I got a pretty sweet prepaid deal on them as a former retailer for them and don't really want to switch until I have better income and a need to actually use a phone on a regular basis. So, basically without doing hackjobs, I'm limited to webOS 1.4.5. Fun.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Comfortable, yes. Do I want to spend the time ? Not really ok, so, pre and Pixi. Got it. And phillyeagles, that's a different iwireless, there are (at least) two. I got a pretty sweet prepaid deal on them as a former retailer for them and don't really want to switch until I have better income and a need to actually use a phone on a regular basis. So, basically without doing hackjobs, I'm limited to webOS 1.4.5. Fun.

oh ok yeah I see there is two. Yeah if you wanted you could put 2.1 on an original pre, unofficially of course but I feel it runs pretty good with an overclocking kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    By the way, I looked up iwireless and it is an affiliate of T-mobile not Sprint. So since its gsm you could get an unlocked Pre 3 but the data would be 2.5G instead of 3G.
    OP is right it is a SPrint MVNO Prepaid Wireless Phones, Cellular Phones, Pay Per Use, |iWireless
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Apparently there are two different iwireless. Which I just found out :-)
  9.    #10  
    Got thru to their customer service they said no way, it'd have to be reflashed for their service.. Which is probably complete bs, but 3 different reps backed up on it, so .. Well, port out, I guess.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!