Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    With Sprint upping their admin fee to $1.50 or so, this allows Sprint users out of a contract. On my account, my phone number is out of contract, but my gf's is not. I want to go to AT&T with both our lines. What are my steps in order to use this "Get out of Sprint free card" and move to AT&T with the least time possible of having no service.

Are they?:

Call Sprint and ask to get out, then run to AT&T store and transfer my lines over?
    Or can I do this all from the AT&T store itself?

I plan to do this around Oct 3-4
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Give me a break, it's going up by like 15 cents! *According to Sprint, it does NOT get you out of your contract. *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Give me a break, it's going up by like 15 cents! *According to Sprint, it does NOT get you out of your contract. *

It's 50 cents and who are you to judge? If you are going to come with a "According to Sprint", you better come with a source.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    You'll need to get your second line (GF's) out of the contract. Most likely, the only way to do this is to pay the pro-rated fee that will release you from your contract. You'll need to call Sprint to do this. AT&T can't help with your Sprint contract.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Not judging, I'm... *Nevermind. *I read it somewhere on the interwebz.

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You'll need to get your second line (GF's) out of the contract. Most likely, the only way to do this is to pay the pro-rated fee that will release you from your contract. You'll need to call Sprint to do this. AT&T can't help with your Sprint contract.
    In my case, it would be $100. But I would like to use that $$ for the activation fees Imma get hit with.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    I got out of contract, on two different accounts, with 5 total lines. You REALLY have to push. Call the retentions department. DOnt take no for an answer.
    See here for what people are saying in the evo 3d forums.

EVO 3D guys: Get out of your Sprint contract without an ETF! - xda-developers
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    So the key is to call and try to get out of the ETF. They will give you until the end of the billing cycle to port your numbers to another carrier. Am I correct on this?

Rob
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Are u serious right when I buy a pre2? DAM i could of whent to att got a pre 3..
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    They will give you until the end of the billing cycle to port your numbers to another carrier. Am I correct on this?
    That's something I have not heard before. When porting, you have to be CERTAIN that your current carrier does not cancel your telephone number before the new carrier takes it over. If you call to cancel Sprint and lose your hold on that number, your new carrier won't be able to port it. You will have lost your claim to the number.

I would be very, very leery of canceling a number I wanted ported. If you read most FAQs on the subject, they have something like this in them (this is from AT&T):

Don't cancel your current phone service! AT&T will take care of that for you when you activate your new device.
    Touchscreens are a fad.