Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    In 1 week, Sprint has basically transformed itself into Verizon. This doesn't even include the rumors that Sprint is going to axe their employee discounts to family plans (although single lines will still receive discounts just like AT&T and Verizon) and that they will introduce data throttling (a la T-mobile) this fall. If these are true, Sprint will end up being even worse than Verizon and AT&T....
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Still cheapest.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    US Cellular still allows yearly upgrades!
    So..... If I'm reading this correctly, Gold customers get screwed. They have to wait 20 months instead of 12 months. But, Silver customers get a bonus, they have to wait 20 months instead of 22 months.

Right?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    So..... If I'm reading this correctly, Gold customers get screwed. They have to wait 20 months instead of 12 months. But, Silver customers get a bonus, they have to wait 20 months instead of 22 months.

Right?
    Yep.
    Looks like you'll get to use your 12 month upgrade one more time before it's gone.

Shame...'cause we only got bumped up to gold last month.
    W T F ?!?

Anyone see a common trend in the world here. Everything involving Apple, Apple touches, becomes over-priced and over-rated. EX: $1500-$3000 for a MacBook - are you serious?!?

Sprint gets iPhone - no annual upgrade, no premier rewards, no discounts, and failry soon no unlimited data (they didnt want to spring too much on ya now) as soon as the cult jumps on board.

HOLY CR@P!!!

11years with Sprint just went down the crapple!
    Thats 2 kicks in the nuts now...first HP Palm, now Sprint
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 09/16/2011 at 11:21 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just logged onto my account and clicked on the Premier Program link and it is confirmed. Check it out yourself. This sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    W T F ?!?

Anyone see a common trend in the world here. Everything involving Apple, Apple touches, becomes over-priced and over-rated. EX: $1500-$3000 for a MacBook - are you serious?!?

Sprint gets iPhone - no annual upgrade, no premier rewards, no discounts, and failry soon no unlimited data (they didnt want to spring too much on ya now) as soon as the cult jumps on board.

HOLY CR@P!!!

11years with Sprint just went down the crapple!
    Thats 2 kicks in the nuts now...first HP Palm, now Sprint
    And this is exactly why I didn't want the iphone on sprint. There was no problem with internet data with Android, BB, and webOS. iOS needs to die down before they deplete all of the world's resources.
    angiest and graffix31 like this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Premier didn't do me much good, but the fact that Apple essentially gets to dictate TOS to non-Apple customers by their very existence just sucks.
    I think blaming this on Apple is a stretch.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    In 2004 - 2006, Sprint had a downturn in service. This was mainly due to the Nextel merger. They only responded was users started leaving. They turned things around. Now they are eroding any gains they've made.
    Glad I locked in unlimited data with Verizon the day before the option went away. Just upgraded to Droid Bionic last week and after a week I must say I miss cards...but that's about it! This phone has a much steeper learning curve than my Pre- had, but once you learn how it works it's pretty awesome.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I think blaming this on Apple is a stretch.
    I don't blame Apple...I blame the fanaticism that Apple seems to inspire. Like it or not, iPhone attracts people who had never before considered really buying into smartphones. Verizon getting it didn't see the huge influx that folks expected...and I suspect that Sprint will see an even smaller bump. There are only so many iPhone users out there...and plenty who are invested in Android through brand/platform loyalty and the amount of money they've put into buying apps. If anything, I figure the iPhone will bring over a good portion of the webOS hold-outs...the ones left waiting for new HP hardware. Them and the folks who were fence-sitters in the smart v. dumb phone decision.
    OK....so seeing as I've been on Sprint forever, and I wouldn't mind moving to Verizon given these changes as their network is better, can someone summarize the differences between Sprint and Verizon plans for a single user? Does Verizon have an unlimited call/text to any carrier plan? What are other differences, for those that have switched....
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK....so seeing as I've been on Sprint forever, and I wouldn't mind moving to Verizon given these changes as their network is better, can someone summarize the differences between Sprint and Verizon plans for a single user? Does Verizon have an unlimited call/text to any carrier plan? What are other differences, for those that have switched....
    You can get unlimited text, IIRC they don't offer an unlimitted calling plan (but I may be mistaken). If you don't wish to care about your data usage then Sprint still has that advantage, for the time being.

When I thought I was going to move to VZW for the Pre 3, I went through this exercise several times. It always wound up giving me less than I have on Sprint but I found ways to make it acceptable.

But, it is nice not having to worry about my monthly usage.
    several months back i did a side-by-side comparison, trying to find a verizon plan as close to what i am getting with my unlimited data family plan with 2 phones. i think the monthly price on verizon came in roughly around 40 bucks more.

link to my post about it: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ml#post2891464

Granted, Verizon has made some changes since that time...
    So, I decided to upgrade my wife's phone on sprint. We have a $150 upgrade bonus as we are Silver members. Here are my results:

Without the Silver Member discount

iPhone 4S 16GB Preorder
    Color:
    Regular price
    $649.99
    2-yr Agreement

Instant Savings
    - $450.00

Your price:
    $199.99

----------------------------------------------------

WITH Silver Premier Dicount

iPhone 4S 16GB Preorder
    Color:
    Regular price
    $649.99
    2-yr Agreement

Upgrade Discount
    - $150.00

Instant Savings
    - $300.00

Your price:
    $199.99

so...the whole Premier program is a scam anyway. Good riddenz!
    Not VZW, but ATT you can get unlimited text and calling any mobile to any mobile. If you aren't one that is super anti ATT, you might want to look into plan prices.

When the wife and I priced out all of the big 3 carriers to our usage, they were all within the 170 range, with the potential to slice off 20 or more on ATT after we bank some rollover minutes to make sure we don't have to watch our minutes to closely (going to go to a cheaper per month plan and drop any mobile to any mobile, will still get ATT to ATT which is where most of our minutes will be used any ways).

With all the unlocked webOS phones out there it has been great for us. For less than anything we would have gotten from Sprint we have 2 Veers and 2 Pre2's, with the option to pick up Pre3's if we want to drop the money.

Very happy with life on GSM, was a Sprint customer for a decade, the $10 per line charge bumped them up to the level where ATT and VZW could compete... Now reading this 3 months after leaving Sprint, even happier we did. Data on ATT has been much faster too.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast