Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

September 14, 2011, 5:46 pm
    Verizonís Prepaid Plan Cut By Nearly Half
    By ROY FURCHGOTT

Verizon's Prepaid Plan Cut By Nearly Half - NYTimes.com

Tomorrow Verizon Mobile will begin to offer a new unlimited prepaid plan at almost half the price of the current plan.

The new plan will be $50 a month for unlimited talk, text, and picture or video messaging. Mobile Web access is an additional 99 cents a day, and e-mail is an additional $7 for 30 days of service.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Still not as good a deal as pretty much everyone else. I've already decided if I get bumped off my sweet, sweet plan, I'll be going to Boost.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    un_designer likes this.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm also looking at Boost Mobile once my contract runs out. These prices are ridic.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have four smartphones on Sprint and I only pay $197 after my discount with taxes. We may only have 1500 minutes a month, but the unlimited mobile to mobile any carrier is priceless. Plus unlimited data and other Sprint perks (free navigation and Sprint TV) make it a better deal!!!
    can the pre plus or Pre 2 be used with this plan?
    what is the benefit of this? Is it just to avoid a contract?
    Of what, prepaid? Well, it used to be that prepaid was for the poor people that either couldn't pass a credit check to get on a postpaid plan or couldn't afford the deposit. But nowadays prepaid carriers are really making themselves attractive to pretty much everyone by offering some of the cheapest plans available, even compared to postpaid.

Prepaid plans usually have some potentially serious restrictions to them--NO roaming at all, limited handset selection, no subsidized phones--but if those don't bother you, they could be your best deal.

Right now I'm on Sprint's third-party reseller plan, which you can't beat with a... Well, you just can't beat it period, unless you're getting your plan completely for free. But if I do get kicked off it for some reason, there's absolutely no freakin' way in hell I could tolerate paying what is considered normal prices for a postpaid plan nowadays. So off to Boost Mobile I would go, with their $50-shrinking-to-$35 plan. I would of course attempt to activate my Sprint Pixi on it, perhaps with the assistance of my local purveyor of phone flashing services.
    Touchscreens are a fad.