Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

September 12, 2011, 7:43 pm
    Sprint App Shuts Down Driverís Phone
    By MATT RICHTEL

Sprint App Shuts Down Driver's Phone - NYTimes.com

Smartphones have led to more distracted driving. Theyíre also helping to mitigate it with a host of new apps aimed at shutting down a driverís device.

Add Sprint to the list of companies offering such an app. On Monday, Sprint announced that it is offering ďSprint Drive FirstĒ for Android phones (and coming soon for BlackBerry and other operating systems). The app automatically disables the phone when it is traveling more than 10 miles an hour, which the phone determines using GPS.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I would guess riding on the train will be a problem.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    emt981 likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Add flying!
    Nice concept, but $2 per month to use it, really?

Other than parents getting it for their teenage kids, I can't see many people paying a monthly fee for this.
    I've seen a lot of commercials for this the past couple days. I'm sure there's some way to disable it in certain situations, maybe even just turning off GPS? Who knows... Either way, I can't imagine parents paying for it to use on their kids phones. I can't believe people (parents) feel they would actually need that much control anyway. Just let all these kids be accountable and learn from their own decisions/mistakes, whether it's texting while driving or whatever. Just my 2 cents, even though it's not worth that much
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    I'm sure we're going to get a lot of knee-jerk reactions from people who didn't actually read the article - that this is a VOLUNTEER APP, not a mandatory requirement! (I can just hear the shouts - "Government intrusion! Trying to control our lives!")

I may be interested in having it on my teenager's phone, but I don't believe that I would pay $2 a month for it. Interesting concept, though - and what if location services are turned off?