Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Sprint Sues to Block AT&T's Proposed T-Mobile Buy
    By REUTERS
    Published: September 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM ET

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...ml?ref=reuters
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel sued to stop AT&T Inc's $39 billion purchase of T-Mobile USA, staking out its own private antitrust claims alongside the government's challenge to the deal.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    AT&T sued back too. It's ridiculous. AT&T is in the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    AT&T sued back too. It's ridiculous. AT&T is in the wrong.
    Hi I agree with you 100% and read the following the article link below.

The article is the 1st entry on a thread about AT&T and a leaked letter....AT&T has been lying all this time about why it wants to merge.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-nor...le-merger.html

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    No matter what, this litigation will take a long time to resolve.
    why is sprint scared though?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    why is sprint scared though?
    Hi all,

Sprint is afraid in part b/c of what happened in Canada. There was almost the same situation as we have here in the USA. There were two huge phone companies and 2 or 3 smaller ones....one of the huge firms gobbled up one of the smaller ones.... prices on all providers shot up and now one of the firms, Rogers is trying to cram 3 year deals instead of 2 year deals...In the 2 years and 10 months that I have my Centro...Palm dropped PalmOS for webOS, they dropped the Centro line an started the Pre line.....Palm/webOS fell on bad times due mostly to hardware problems and Hp bought and then effectively flushed Palm/webOS down the toilet...Other than HP claiming they are moving the location of webOS on the corporarte structure, they haven't forged any deals, or explained what they will use webOS for and frankly everything Leoo said turned out to be a lie....the annual stockholders meeting will be a real humdinger! Now iimagine if if you have a 3 year deal...

Sprint is also afraid that if they are that much smaller after the merger, that rates will go up...which would be a good thing for Sprint. However, in this economy they found in Canada, the people were much more careful of when and how they used their phones....if people start taking smaller plans and use less extra data...sprint will end up losing money!

This is especially bad for Sprint....Sprint has MAJOR cash flow problems...they are trying to upgrade to 4G...they ended up teaming up with another firm...since cash is so tight. The other firm has even worse cash flow problems than Sprint. Sprint is using a partnership with this firm b/c it claims to be able to provide 4G signal in a wider area and with far cheaper equipment

....(I'm not sure since I read about weeks ago, I think the idea is to aim the signal at a particular building.. The signal bounces & ricochet to the surrounding buildings....If it works the building that has the signal aimed at it becomes a huge cell signal repeater...the very large surface area of the building means less equipment is need per cell.

The first problem they encountered was that the signal they used ended up screwing up GPS signals...(plus the fact that the GPS provides bought that section of the frequency....in some cases the bounced signals were screwing up the new frequency range that was given to first responders, which is now supposed to be used for fire, ambulance and police to communicate with each other in case there isn't phone or cell service....so they won't repeat what happened during the 9/11 attacks. ..

Also keep in mind that Sprint should have been one of the huge firms, but is blew the merger/buyout of Nextel...

Nextel used a different broadcast system than Sprint...the Nextel users were as loyal as we Palm/webOS people.....they didn't want to give up the push to talk features...Sprint was very, very slow to offer on any of their phones...at one point they said they didn't want to even offer push to Talk...

So they PO'ed so many users that they left in huge numbers...also keep in mind at that time Sprint had some of the worst customer service on any firm in the country.

Now Sprint finally jettisoned Nextel's system and offers a limited line of push to talk phones. The at long last learned if you have rotten customer service the public will treat your firm the same way and worse...plus they will vote you as worst provider with their pocketbooks and wallets.

The bottom line is Sprint is too small and to broke to take on V and AT&T/T-mobile combined.

I'm dead set against the buyout b/c I'm sure what happened in Canada will happen here....plus AT&T has lied all over the place. They claimed it would speed their conversion to 4G and save a great deal of money....

Please read the following link, it goes to the thread that discusses a letter of AT&T that was handed over by accident to the FCC. The FCC post all documents of the take over in order to provide for public comment and review....consumer groups as well as y look at such documents....

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-nor...le-merger.html

The following link is the text of the actual letter....now that AT&T has said they are going to fight for the merger...I expect this letter will be getting a great deal of attention....I'm sure AT&T will try to say that it's work product or what ever to try to get it excluded...

Leaked AT&T Letter Demolishes Case For T-Mobile Merger - Lawyer Accidentally Decimates AT&T's #1 Talking Point | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

One other thing we should keep in mind...according to Consumer Reports from a month or two, At&T had the worst customer service with T-Mobile only slightly better...they arrived at the results from tens of thousands of members of Consumer Reports who fill in their annual servery, (I do and have for decades)...

V got the top spot.
    Sprint got the second spot
    T-mobile
    then AT&T.

Two very large negatively rates firms merging won't easily combine let alone add up to a positive.....no matter how this goes it will be very mess and costly...to all of us, no matter who your carrier is.

Take care,

jay