Hi everyone,

FYI, see link.

take care,

Jay

September 4, 2011
    With or Without an AT&T Deal for T-Mobile, Sprint Faces Daunting Challenges

By JOSHUA BRUSTEIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/te...gewanted=print

If the Justice Department succeeds in blocking the $39 billion merger of AT&T and T-Mobile, the deepest sighs of relief may well come from the executives at Sprint Nextel, the country’s third-largest wireless carrier.

Nevertheless, Sprint would face the same daunting problems endemic to the wireless industry if the merger were thwarted, industry analysts say.

“It essentially maintains the status quo, which, given the results of Sprint over the last couple of years, is not the best place to be,” said Christopher King, an analyst with Stifel Nicolaus
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I wonder if the iPhone will save Sprint.
    it will because my first touchscreen was palm pre and still is but when the IPhone 5 comes to sprint, I will be getting the IPhone. Pretty much everyone I know is getting it so that says a lot. But who knows, I really HATE how sprint has bad service in some areas. I do hear verizon has the best coverage all around. Only time will tell. I myself have never used an Iphone and I'm getting it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    it will because my first touchscreen was palm pre and still is but when the IPhone 5 comes to sprint, I will be getting the IPhone. Pretty much everyone I know is getting it so that says a lot. But who knows, I really HATE how sprint has bad service in some areas. I do hear verizon has the best coverage all around. Only time will tell. I myself have never used an Iphone and I'm getting it.
    Hi all,

Not me...if doesn't have an actual keyboard and a removable battery...I don't want it.....I'm also disturbed that Jobs made sure they offer the type of phone he wanted and the hell to everyone else....

Sadly he and Apple ended being just like what he complained for years MS was like....(I also want be very clear...I'm saddened and horrified over Jobs' health...I'm afraid is is on the verge of going into that great good night/...which is a loss for all of us)
    I have to laugh b/c they are making a pricey leather case with a built in battery to prolong the life of the iPhone's battery.....unless you buy two cases, you'll be lunging around a heaver case all day long.

It's far cheaper and easier to buy a plan case and change out your own battery....I do it all the time with my Centro, as I did with my Treo 300, 600 & 650...plus I only take the extra battery, with me when I know I will need it...the rest of the time, it's fully charged in the car.

I've never been much for Apple's it's my way or the high way as a proper treatment as a customer!

Sadly this means that I will end up with a Samsung Epic, unless Leo gets off his duff and actually gets someone to license webOS! Trust me I don't want to go to a fractured Android format, but what other choices are there....

webOS is at least for now DOA.

Symbian is DOA

Meego is on the verge of DOA.

Windows past history of overly cumbersome OS on phones and computers doesn't bode well at all. Plus they also have a lack of apps.

HTC's and Samsung's own apps are almost as scare as anyone using either platform.

BB's OS has a lack of apps and more important RIM is having major financial issues...doesn't that sound like the last few years of Palm...plus their Pad was almost the same disaster as HP's...been there and one that...

So it comes down to Android or nothing with the slight possibility that Leo can pull a rabbit out of a hat! Which should be interesting b/c he's be speaking with something other than his mouth for months now...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group