1.    #1  
    Spent some time on the Sprint site today looking for a new phone. I'll be dammed if I'll pay $200 for a POS Android, but the free phones (with my contract re-up) are reviewed very badly.

Any advice for a smart-phone with a similar size to the Pre?

Interestingly, called Sprint and asked whether they have any replacement Pres in their inventory. The rep said no. I've got Oreo, sound and USB-crack issues, and have insurance so I should be able to get a new phone that way. But then I called my local Sprint store and they said "no problem getting a replacement".

I wonder what it would be like if a company actually cared about their customers and delivered a quality product? Ha ha ha.. I'm so naive.
    You gonna pay. 150 -200 for a smart phone any where.. u go . Try android for a couple of weeks u might like it. And if your on sprint you might. Not have a choice .
    the OG Evo is only $99, ya? Sprint gives you a one-time, 30 day trial to try a phone out.

When the GalaxySII comes out in 3 weeks, you might see a drop in the OG Epic as well.
    I picked up a Photon this past Monday, so far so good, getting used to Android, gonna miss WebOS... hopefully something good comes out of whats going on...
    Best Buy has the Nexus S for $30… the OG Evo is a good choice too… the BB are pretty cheap too… Why the Android hate?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/19/2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I got the Nexus over a month ago for $100 and I'm pretty happy with it. It's pretty cheap now (maybe free at BB?) as well. Coming from webOS, I hated Android for the first week or so but it's slowly grown on me. I'm probably about as efficient as I used to be on webOS now. Call me crazy but I think I miss the Touchstone more than anything.
    Really enjoying the build quality of my Photon, and XPRT.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    +1 on the XPRT. Of course you could always find a nice Pixi, too. Still love mine.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Just as a FYI on my Photon 4g with 4g service I am pulling 8mb/s+ down and uploads disappoint between 800k-1.6mb/s, but the downloads are good enough to watch google movies with no lag or buffering at all.
    This is in the same place my overdrive unit gets horrible 1-2mb/s speeds.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Photon is selling for $99 for both new and upgrade at Best Buy. Pretty good deal.
    I wish more phones had Touchstone like devices….
    Yeah, if I needed a new phone right this second, I'd look at the Photon, EVO 3D (which is apparently pretty good even if you don't use the 3D features), Nexus S 4G, and probably the WP7 HTC Arrive.

None of them have keyboards, but the XPRT is so behind everything else both specs and software-wise.

That being said, I've mentioned this on a couple other threads....there's rumors that the Nexus Prime will be released around October, and since I've waited this long, I feel like I might as well wait and see what Ice Cream Sandwich and Mango bring. And if I'm going Android, I would definitely prefer a Nexus phone for the stock experience and faster updates. Hopefully my Pre 2 lasts that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    None of them have keyboards, but the XPRT is so behind everything else both specs and software-wise.
    the XPRT is not a high end device nor meant to be, it is a sleek BBesque worldphone, and it does business tasks perfectly.

Not everyone wants/needs a superphone. the XPRT has the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever used, it blows away my BB tour it replaced, it will go an entire week on a charge with moderate voice and extensive email and alarm/todo usage.

Even in a sealed building with little/no service where other phones discharge rapidly, the xprt can be unplugged for 10 hours starting at 100% and be at 75-80% or so when I leave, any other phone even featurephones, are nearing dead.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm getting the Photon delivered on Tuesday. $199.99 for the phone, $125.00 port in credit, and a $40 cash back through ebates.com
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the HTC Arrive you mentioned has a landscape keyboard.
    I dislike android as well not sure why though not saying they're bad, if sprint didn't have the HTC Arrive i would have gotten the Nexus S, stock android is the way to go.
    Now that WebOS is going to be dead soon What are some good hackable Sprint phones?
    looking for a good smartphone on Sprint that can do tethering-DUN for free (Like Pre) is a must.

Optional but would be a deal breaker.
    1: Roam hack
    2: phone that can use 2 bluetooth handsfree-headsests (meaning) Being able to automatically connect to a priority device (if in range) even if it is already connected to a different device automatically. Example: I have a bluetooth hands free and also a carputer with handsfree. I want it to automatically switch to the car if in range automatically.
    I thought only a few phones are capable of doing this but not sure what ones.

Edit
    DOH!! I thought I was creating a new thread. Guess I will see if I get any answers here before I re post. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    Last edited by michaelrj; 09/11/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I "upgraded" to a Nexus S. Pretty decent phone, even though it truly is a Pure Google Phone (Facebook integration is practically nonexistant without hacking the phone to hell). I rooted it so I could use the Wi-Fi Tether app, but that is the extent of what I'll do. I'm not to comfortable with how the "tweaking" works with Android. WebOS is so simple and nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I'm pretty sure the HTC Arrive you mentioned has a landscape keyboard.
    I recently dropped my original Pre into the ocean so finally had to upgrade. I'm on about Week 3 of my 30 day trial of the Arrive. Its not a bad phone (really can't get used to the landscape slider mumbo jumbo), but I can't for the life of my understand why its STILL $199.99. At $100 I'd keep it, but I'll be taking it back this weekend for something cheaper since I don't wanna get a Generic Sprint Android Slab Phone 4G XY.