1.    #1  
    Went to a Verizon Store today (and not just one of those authorized retail places) and they didn't have any Pre 2's on display. I left the store and decided to call just to ask if they had any and the person said they don't sell them anymore.
    Now I'm not surprised at how Verizon reps react to people interested in HP/Palm products. Short of saying they flat-out wouldn't sell me my phone, one of their reps tried his best to get me to get a Droid when I bought my Pre Plus. But every phone that is on their website was on display (minus refurbished and Pre2). There were Blackberrys, the Samsung Continuum, and a Motorola Droid (the one with the physical keyboard). Seriously?
    Are the Pre 2's still on display at AT&T stores? And if they are, is that a sign that Big Red is seriously not interested?
    As a co-worker of mine would say, "Something's rotten in Denmark!"
    I'm not sure that ATT was selling the Pre 2. I have a Pre 2 on ATT, but it is an unlocked phone from HP. Of course, ATT is still selling the Veer.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I show it on Verizon's website:

PalmŪ Pre™ 2
    The Palm Pre 2 smartphone has been reengineered to do more of what you want to do-faster. Quickly switch between multiple open apps. Simply start ... ...PalmŪ Pre™ 2 Read Reviews (158) | Write a Review | Back to All Phones and...
    $49.99
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I saw it two days ago at my local Verizon store.
    I've never seen it in stores. Only online. And the Pre 2 was never on AT&T. It was able to be used on AT&T with the unlocked version though like bevcraw said.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I was at my local Verizon store (the unfriendly one) and played with the Pre2 for some time considering if I should actually upgrade to it for $49.99. They still showed it in their system for $149 though, so I went to lunch to think of it. While there, I got on my TouchPad and found that through the Verizon website I could get the Pre2 for $4.99 with my upgrade, so I went back to the store with the Verzion page still on my TouchPad and asked if they would sell me a Pre2 for this price. They said that they can not honor the website price. So I turned around and said that I will give the web the sale instead of their store and also picked up a TouchStone for $3.75 with free 2 day shipping. I hope it all works out and that I can get Classic working on my new Pre2.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    They never gave pre2 a chance. sad...
    I've seen pre2 out in the wild one time ever... but then i can also count the number of times i've seen a pre out in the wild with my 2 hands.
    pre 2 is still on verizon website
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I was at my local Verizon store (the unfriendly one) and played with the Pre2 for some time considering if I should actually upgrade to it for $49.99. They still showed it in their system for $149 though, so I went to lunch to think of it. While there, I got on my TouchPad and found that through the Verizon website I could get the Pre2 for $4.99 with my upgrade, so I went back to the store with the Verzion page still on my TouchPad and asked if they would sell me a Pre2 for this price. They said that they can not honor the website price. So I turned around and said that I will give the web the sale instead of their store and also picked up a TouchStone for $3.75 with free 2 day shipping. I hope it all works out and that I can get Classic working on my new Pre2.
    You sure the price wasn't $49.00 and not $4.99? I have the online verizon Pre2 page up right now, and it's definitely not just $4.99, nor is the touchstone only $3.75...if there really is such a price...please post the website!
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    You sure the price wasn't $49.00 and not $4.99? I have the online verizon Pre2 page up right now, and it's definitely not just $4.99, nor is the touchstone only $3.75...if there really is such a price...please post the website!
    It's really $4.99! I saw it, too. I think you need process the order but don't buy just to see it change from $49.99 to $4.99. I want it, but not with a new 2 year contract.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if it will show up for everyone, or if you have to be logged in to an EPP account, but the price for an off contract Verizon Pre 2 on HP's website is showing $49. I know they were selling unlocked GSM Pre 2's for $49 on Friday night before selling out... hopefully they decide to do another firesale on the rest of the phone's they have in stock so we can get $50 Pre 2's.