Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1.    #1  
    if you go to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint and click on 'Phones' look under Palm Pixi, all i know is that they update it by saying 'HP webOS' from 'Palm webOS' if that means anything...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It means nothing other than they updated the OS online....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

WOW, Sprint still has the Pixi?!
    That's crazy.
    Which is kind of surprising. Even Rogers discontinued the Pre 2.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    well it shows that HP and Sprint are still in business with one another at least!... webOS on Sprint Lives!!
    lol funny, for a phone I'm so not leaving SPRINT. That's crazy for people that are so desperate for the pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    lol funny, for a phone I'm so not leaving SPRINT. That's crazy for people that are so desperate for the pre 3.
    No, it's not crazy; it just means other people have different priorities.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    right..... Like pre freaky obsession.... Jeeez. It's your life so do whatever pleases you to get it. I will not leave sprint for a phone and more when webos can't even make a name for itself yet. I love my pre for now. If no pre 3 on sprint maybe pre2 or glaxy s 2 when it comes out.
    Zacky, you've been the source of many positive Pre3-On-Sprint leaning threads.

Is there something you know that you can't tell us perhaps?

Why all these small hints, and threads like I talked to so-and-so who works for so-and-so?

Most people, like myself, have given up. Yet you still crusade on. Makes me curious what you might know that we don't?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    right..... Like pre freaky obsession.... Jeeez. It's your life so do whatever pleases you to get it. I will not leave sprint for a phone and more when webos can't even make a name for itself yet. I love my pre for now. If no pre 3 on sprint maybe pre2 or glaxy s 2 when it comes out.
    Good for you. I don't feel the need to say things like you have a "sprint freaky obsession." Others have different priorities for any number of number of reasons. Amazes me you don't seem to get that.

My phone has become a lot larger part of my daily life/work than I ever thought, so I want to get what is best for me.

If Sprint gets the pre 3 (I don't believe it), I will probably stay, but a carrier to me is nothing other than a service to provide me calls & data, etc. It is the OS & UI that makes it unique & worthwhile, IMO.
    calm down, relax, you get offended easily. It is a pre freaky obsession. Look at you, betraying sprint for a bigger phone with the same OS. There will not be a difference. Only processor and screen size only. Other than that webos is just fan based for now and so far I have not seen it grow. And this is coming from a pre freak just like you.

just like me, you are obsessed, admit it and realize it. I think just like you and if the pre 3 does not come out on SPRINT I will get an Android for the first time ever. If the pre 3 comes to SPRINT, I will still be part of webos. You say it's part of your life and work then go for it and leave sprint if it doesn't land here. If it makes you happy, hey you are the happy one.

like I said, all this hype about the pre 3 is driving everyone crazy and obsessed. I'm more amazed you don't get it either. I'll live without a pre 3 if it doesn't come to sprint, I might love webos but I will not leave sprint for a phone. That's called obsession! Get it? Good boy mike
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    att is offering mobile to mobile now. so their plans pretty much go head to head against sprint. specially since sprinted started charging an extra 10 bux per line.
    im actually going to save with att now compared to sprint.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    att is offering mobile to mobile now. so their plans pretty much go head to head against sprint. specially since sprinted started charging an extra 10 bux per line.
    im actually going to save with att now compared to sprint.
    Not if you need GPS or more than 2GB of data.

I've considered a move to AT&T, but the prices without discount range from AT&T being almost as low as Sprint up to much more than Sprint, depending on what you need on your plan.

I'm going to wait and see what happens with new phones in the next few months, and decide if that increased price will be worth it (and the price difference is much bigger for me on account of my 25% discount from an old job).
    I could have posted this on any of the dozens of Pre 3 rumor threads but chose this because I liked Zacky's enthusiasm. Get your salt shakers ready...

My son works for Best Buy as I've posted many times. My wife dragged me in there an hour ago to look at a Kindle. I saw the Touch Pad display and headed in a different direction than my wife as I haven't actually tried one yet. There were 2 people there with HP webOS name badges on. One was a very cute, chatty girl from Texas. We talked for several minutes about the pad and then I pulled out my launchday Pre- and that's when the fun began. I told her how ****ed I was that Sprint wasn't getting the Pre 3 and that I was already signed up with Verizon so I could lock in unlimited data...and how upset the entire webOS community is that we can't get any info from HP, Verizon, AT&T, and even Sprint on ANYTHING! Are your salt shakers ready?....She said that the holdup is due to SPRINT! That's right, Sprint! Apparently HP plans to launch on all 3 carriers around Sept. 15th. The holdup is due to working out details with Sprint on how they're going to essentially tier their billing so someone doesn't get to buy the pad and add a Pre 3 and get unlimited data without Sprint making something off all this data usage. She said they're going to make it so essentially you'll be billed for adding an additional line whether or not it's supposed to be free on your family plan or not and it sounds like HP may be doing some subsidizing in addition. They expect to have all the details finalized by Sept. 1st and the launch around the 15th on ALL 3 CARRIERS! She even pulled up her personal account on the Touch Pad and said that's still the latest announcement from HP.
    There was even more said but I'm just going to stick to this one rumor, not start more.

MORE said than that?! Please do tell us the rest!
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Please let this be true. Please please please.
    spudland, salt shakers are out in full force.

however, if that's the reason for the delay for the pre3...to get it released on all 3 carriers simultaneously...well, then I will excuse hp for this whole pre3 debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    MORE said than that?! Please do tell us the rest!
    Just a lot of talk about the Sprint launch and what they're planning on doing with it...but that's just gravy. IMO the real news is that with all the delay that's been going on and all the conjecture about why, we may finally know why. That it had everything to do with getting Sprint onboard and from my conversation with her it sounds like HP is going above and beyond to not only make it happen but to make sure Sprint users aren't the last to the party. It sounds like they both want this to happen and just had to figure out a way that Sprint can not only carry these devices (phones, pads, etc.) and make money and still be able to keep their lower prices on unlimited data, which is really what they're hanging their hat on right now. They've been working on this for over a month and are down to finalizing the details (contracts/lawyers) so it's sounding very promising for Sprint users. I already took the leap to Verizon and don't want to pay the $350 ETF but I'm very happy for everyone who's still with Sprint....

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    @spudland. I hope the info is right. Waiting to see if I go to ATT or stick with sprint. Been with sprint since '98. Hope things work out between Sprint and HP....

TD...
    spudland, I don't know if I can trust a Boise State fan
    spudland likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast