Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    the pixi is free..i got one but you have to order on-line to avoid the activation cost....i got one on my spare line....best deal in smartphones that i know of....running a Frankinpre2 on my mainline...but you can't kill the pixi running 1.4.5...just last week my girlfriend downloaded 3 themes without deleting the others....pixi tried to display them all ....funny stuff....poor phone...my girlfriend is forbidden to touch my pre2...screenlocked for safety....
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Iiiiiiiiffffff this is true, Christmas would have come early in my house!

I wonder and hope HP plans to bring us a candybar form factor since the wifey likes the Pixi, but without a choice, I think she would be ok with the Pre3
    is set to come out Q1 2012 (iPhone style)
    Quote Originally Posted by g8slord View Post
    is set to come out Q1 2012 (iPhone style)
    Source please!
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    I want to believe HP is going to come hard at CES with a new Slab phone...but their track record in the mobile arena doesn't give me any faith in their future plans.

luckily I was just put as the primarly line of a new family plan that will give me Sprint Premier Gold status back. Hooray for yearly upgrades!
    Well I think Spudland is correct. My friend at VZW who is a DM, said they will be gearing up for training in two weeks for the Pre 3. Makes sense since they start training modules for store employees about 2 weeks before release. Lets hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister4g63 View Post
    Well I think Spudland is correct. My friend at VZW who is a DM, said they will be gearing up for training in two weeks for the Pre 3. Makes sense since they start training modules for store employees about 2 weeks before release. Lets hope!
    Well I have no doubt it's coming to SOME carrier soon. I'm just not going to hold my breath on Sprint.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope it is all three carriers so I can buy it on Sprint, it's just I'm not going to get too excited until I see any official announcement. I'm not doubting the poster, I'm sure they were TOLD that, but I'll just reserve judgement for now.
    Has anyone considered that the 3 carriers could be ATT, Verizon, and TMobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by jba8935 View Post
    Has anyone considered that the 3 carriers could be ATT, Verizon, and TMobile?
    Does the NA GSM Pre3 have TMobile's 3g frequency?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    Does the NA GSM Pre3 have TMobile's 3g frequency?
    No it wont work on T-mobile except on the edge network i believe , as for the pre3 coming to all three of the other carriers i wouldnt doubt it at all . I'm a ten year vet. on sprint this month and this would be really awesome to get the pre3 on sprint and not have to move to att. but im not worried either way . im going where the pre3 is going .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I highly doubt this is true, because from what i've been told. AT&T will be releasing prior to that date.
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy II both coming out in the next 6-10 weeks are going to make this REAL interesting ~
    Just checked and it appears the Pixi is now entirely gone from the Sprint site. What does that mean? .
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Just checked and it appears the Pixi is now entirely gone from the Sprint site. What does that mean? .
    The 17th was End of Life for the Pixi. You just watched the Pixi die.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    Honestly: Why should HP manage something that even apple failed at? Not that i don't hope this will be true, but common? All three?
    When Apple tried it, no one had any clue that the thing would explode like it did. HP's probably selling them on "don't miss out this time."
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    lol funny, for a phone I'm so not leaving SPRINT. That's crazy for people that are so desperate for the pre 3.
    See, I think it's rather peculiar how devoted you are to SPRINT - not Sprint, mind you, but SPRINT. Especially since that carrier even dictates how you can and cannot use the service you have purchased from them, as in the case of tethering.

Is this one of those 'I Wish I Knew How To Quit You' things?

Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    I want to believe HP is going to come hard at CES with a new Slab phone...but their track record in the mobile arena doesn't give me any faith in their future plans.
    HP's track record:

February - Announce that "no, we didn't buy palm for the patents, we're actually going to bring webOS to our entire lineup. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, and we're going to start with three new devices: Veer, TouchPad and Pre3. From now on, we'll be on a two-month release schedule. (And, quoth Leo Apotheker, in the future we won't be having such early announcements again.)"
    (March)
    (April)
    May - Launch Veer
    (June)
    July - Launch TouchPad
    August - Launch Pre3

I think that when you look at it soberly it's a fairly good track record, don't you?

This points to an October/November launch window for the next device. Now the question is whether the slab phone will in fact as you surmise show up at CES - notably in January, the launch window after the next one - or whether it might possibly be launched in fall, perfect for the holiday season.
    Then again, HP did tease webOS PCs and printers for fall back in February...

I suppose we shall see in two months
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/17/2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    See, I think it's rather peculiar how devoted you are to SPRINT - not Sprint, mind you, but SPRINT. Especially since that carrier even dictates how you can and cannot use the service you have purchased from them, as in the case of tethering.
    As opposed to the other carriers that make you pay more to purchase less?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm confused! How exactly does Sprint/SPRINT dictate how we can/can not use tethering? You purchase a tethering plan and then you surf and surf and surf the web to your hearts content and then you can surf some more since Sprint is the only carrier left to offer unlimited data.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    That the Pixi is so old it doesn't even have wifi!?!?! I still like the form factor though.
    I'd say that this explains why neither side would comment one way or the other on the future of webOS on Sprint.
    Last edited by hparsons; 08/17/2011 at 01:08 PM.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast