1.    #1  
    H i al,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Citing Lack of Progress, Verizon Workers Threaten Strike
    By STEVEN GREENHOUSE,August 6, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/us...gewanted=print

The main union representing workers at Verizon Communications warned Saturday night that 35,000 of its members could go on strike Sunday morning because of a lack of progress in contract negotiations.

Officials with the union, the Communications Workers of America, said Verizon was demanding so many concessions on health coverage, pensions and other matters that it would set workers back 50 years
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    Hi all,

Here is some follow up info. See link.

Take care,

Jay

August 7, 2011
    45,000 Verizon Workers Go on Strike Over Contract
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011...gewanted=print

NEW YORK (AP) Tens of thousands of unionized Verizon Communications Inc. workers from Massachusetts to Washington, D.C., went on strike early Sunday after they failed to agree on a new labor contract with the telecommunications company.

The Communications Workers of America said negotiations in Philadelphia and New York stalled Saturday night after Verizon continued to demand more than 100 concessions from workers and the unions refused to budge.

Mark C. Reed, Verizon's executive vice president of human resources, called the outcome of the unions' actions "regrettable" for customers and employees.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    honestly they need to give up benefits otherwise the landline business will go under
    I understand that this is Verizon Communications, not Verizon Wireless. Verizon Communications provides the local telephone and DSL service in the northeast corridor. They provided my local service when I lived in the Washington, DC area.
    Citing rising unemployment, forum moderator volunteers to be the permanent replacement for striking worker that continues to strike.
    sledge007 likes this.