1.    #1  
    I just talked to a Sprint employee from executive services about the lack of new webos hardware and the real problem that it is. To sum up this 15 minutes conversation, she was very informative in that Sprint is very aware of its large webos userbase and that they are doing everything that they can to make sure we are happy. She made it seem like Sprint will not bring another webos phone to the table unless its customers will be extremely satisfied with it. She also told me that she alone gets 3 to 4 complaints about this very subject per week and that all of the people that she works with do as well. She stressed that Dan Hesse and the Whatever department picks out phones are also well aware and are doing everything they can to make us happy.

Lets bring that 3 to 4 complaints per week to 25 to 30 and maybe then they'll really listen!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    There was an article here the other day surmising that HP does not want to sell to Sprint and will launch with VZ & AT&T.

this could quite possibly be out of Sprint's hands for 2011.
    Brandner, your satire-** is weak. =)

Just read today about how Sprint is still racking up tons of new users, but they're mostly from the pre-paid side, which doesn't help their bottom line. They need folks to renew their contracts to get back to black.

I don't know anything about the cellular business model, but it would seem pretty obvious that when you have a portion of your user-base that wants a particular phone so they can re-up, you should find a way to accommodate them.

This suggests two possibilities: the Sprint webOS userbase is tiny and the costs of supporting a new phone out-weigh the added revenue from the webOS faithful signing on to new contracts, or HP isn't interested in offering phones to Sprint. There's some chatter on these boards regarding the latter.

I will just reiterate that Apple wouldn't be the behemoth it is today if it weren't for the fact that they did everything possible to mollify their initially tiny user-base. But I dunno - maybe the tech scene is just far too different now.
    Last edited by blinktreo; 07/29/2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: no edit - I'll take it up with the mods. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Just read today about how Sprint is still racking up tons of new users, but they're mostly from the pre-paid side, which doesn't help their bottom line. They need folks to renew their contracts to get back to black.
    http://www.neowin.net/news/sprint-ne...ancial-numbers

The company also said it lost 101,000 wireless customers that had monthly contracts for the quarter which again was below the estimates of losing 25,000 customers.

Sprint is losing customers rapidly to the two biggest wireless carriers; Verizon, which added a whopping 1.3 million customers last quarter, and AT&T, which added 331,000 customers in the same quarter.