1.    #1  
    so i've scoured craigslist and ebay for a well priced pre2(frankenpre) with no avail, my pre- has wires sticking out, multiple important buttons dont work, it doesnt sense when it's opened or closed, it thinks it open all the time. the mic is broken and i have a 15 minute battery life...

point is, i need a new phone! i have sprint's insurance but was wondering is anyone knows what kind of phone they're gonna offer me, id love the new evo 3d if they would gimme one but i doubt it... so anyone have actual info on what they would give me... no guessing as ive done plenty of that already
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    They will either get you a refurb or try and fix your current Pre. Just remove any patches etc to be safe. Some techs ,ake a stink about Preware and some don't care if its on your Pre but it's better safe than sorry.
    Once again, if you have the full TEP then you will get either a refurb within 3 days or they will give fixing your unit a try. Nowadays they are allowed to replace all the components as opposed to back in the day when only Palm could do repairs.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Will they repair a broken usb port with tep?
    With all the problems you mentioned it sounds like they will just give you a refurb. My local Sprint repair store has given me 3 refurbs on the spot. And of course, if you have TEP, the replacements are FREE

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    so they still have pres to give you as a replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoover5 View Post
    so i've scoured craigslist and ebay for a well priced pre2(frankenpre) with no avail, my pre- has wires sticking out, multiple important buttons dont work, it doesnt sense when it's opened or closed, it thinks it open all the time. the mic is broken and i have a 15 minute battery life...

point is, i need a new phone! i have sprint's insurance but was wondering is anyone knows what kind of phone they're gonna offer me, id love the new evo 3d if they would gimme one but i doubt it... so anyone have actual info on what they would give me... no guessing as ive done plenty of that already
    Thanks
    Hey there,

Yeah - my pre was in the same shape. I ended up buying an unlocked pre 2 and switching it over. I really love it. the Palm pre 2 is everything the palm pre should have been...

I'm probably going to sell my palm pre 2 pretty soon (it's an unlocked GSM frankenPre but I can swap it back for you) We have an enterprise network at my job that I can't access on WebOS 2.1 - which is a pain.

If you are interested - please PM me. I'd accept a reasonable offer. I'm in Chicago.
    --
    Rudra
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/rudra_banerji
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I had to call in on my Pre(-).
    The gesture area has stopped working (does anyone know a workaround while I wait for my replacement).
    Anyway, the woman on the phone didn't even bother troubleshooting with me, just told me I had to take it in to get it looked at so they could ship out a replacement.
    Of course since I was on the road, I didn't check the hours for the repair place (tech wasn't too helpful locating my preferred location) and they don't open until later. I'll head in around lunch, they are able to ship to my house.
    I'll let you know if I hear something different.
    Okay, went to repair facility. They had to order another one, shipped to them, not to me! Have to go back to the store tomorrow to pick it up.
    Last edited by jac-3; 11/02/2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Updated Info