1.    #1  
    Mods, feel free to merge this with whatever Sprint Malcontent thread you see as most appropriate.

But really, I sent my last email to dan@sprint.com. In the email, I expressed my resignation that webOS and Sprint won't see any action any time soon, and that I'm not interested in any of their Android phones, and would keep my Pre- until there were no replacements left for the inevitable hardware issues.

Also made a reference to the trend of major carriers axing unlimited data, which got a cursory response (that may be where they feel vulnerable, cuz it's gotta happen).

I got the boilerplate, automated response "Thanks for telling us about your Sprint experience", yada-yada. With a polite follow-up phone call. Nothing new.

You know, my opinion is that us loyal Sprint/webOS customers just have to suck it up. I've made my own opinion clear in other posts - that my Pre- is not state-of-the-art, but a competent little phone, and that the purchase of my Touchpad obviates the need for a "really smart smart-phone".

Folks who want "4G speeds" (even though there's no such thing as 4G beyond marketing departments) just need their webpages to render faster, and will prolly be happy with an iThing or iRobot.

Sprint still has time to respond with follow-up phone calls to the Dan@Sprint email, which tells me that we're a small minority. If they were getting deluged, I doubt they'd have the bandwidth to call everyone who sends an email to Dan.

You guys who want a super-cool phone with an awesome camera, interesting but not necessary apps, and a fast processor, I release you from blame. =) I was young once, too.

For me, that's not as important as having a phone that's useful.

So, my own little personal protest will be that when my current Pre breaks, I'll show up at my Sprint store and say, "hey, I've got insurance. No I don't want a Blackberry. Give me another Pre."
    I'm sticking with Sprint regardless. It's not like Android has leprosy or something, and WP7 with the Mango update (which has been released to manufacturers) is actually quite nice. Although there are currently no WP7 phones on Sprint with the correct hardware form factor.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I've been pricing out both AT&T and Verizon here. I'll make the jump once an announcement's been made... my wife's getting impatient as her Blackberry Tour's on its last legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I'm sticking with Sprint regardless. It's not like Android has leprosy or something, and WP7 with the Mango update (which has been released to manufacturers) is actually quite nice. Although there are currently no WP7 phones on Sprint with the correct hardware form factor.
    Plus, Sprint is now publicly hinting at wanting to carry iPhone and we all remember what happened the last time a carrier did that.
    I don't understand all this loyalty over the pre. They have lousy support, the app catalog is mediocre, and the hardware, omg that hardware is absolutely frustrating. For those wanting to switch services over the pre 3, why don't you wait a few. Let the hardware come out of "beta" (I was a beta tester for the Pre, yep I bought it on day one) and wait to see if any flaws are introduced, I mean come on they keep pushing the date back, for all we know its not ready for prime time yet. And that means they're monkeying around with it still. Patience and wait it out to see what the outcome is.
    just go pre2 and dont look back. you get a nice, newer phone and you dont have to pay the extra $10/month for the 4g/data bologna.

look at it this way, 24 months of $10/month to sprint...or take the same ~$240 and just buy you a new phone outright.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)