1.    #1  
    I'm the CIO of a small government agency and I have about 125 devices on Sprint. That gets me access to corporate Sprint Representatives. I asked them several months ago if Sprint was going to get webOS devices and the assured me they were and said if I would sign a NDA, they would tell me about their plans. I didn't want the temptations of breaking a NDA, so I said no thanks.

I asked again about their webOS plans recently and I got the response below. For me, this takes the rumor out of it and makes it official. As soon as the Pre 3 comes out, I moving my devices to another carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Mon 7/25/2011 10:21 AM
    To: Shrader, Chuck, HEC
    Subject: FW: Web OS

Chuck,
    See below: Not good news, looks like Sprint is in a wait-and-see mode with HP. I know this is not what you wanted to hear.

Joel

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 10:06 AM
    To: Doubet, Joel [BMG]
    Cc: Stewart, Matthew K [BMG]
    Subject: RE: Web OS

Joel,

I checked with Matt Valenzuela and unfortunately there is no good news. There are no plans to release a new handset in 2011 with WebOS. The word is that we got burned pretty badly by the Pre. There is a chance that we get the Touchpad but that’s very low. The very latest is that we’ll be watching what unfolds with webOS since HP is now behind it.

Unfortunately, that is all we have to go on at this part.

-Joe

Joseph Maule
    Solutions Engineer
    Public Sector - Federal Division
    Mailstop: VARESF0216
    12524 Sunrise Valley Drive
    Reston, VA 20196
    Last edited by cshrader; 07/26/2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: removed e-mail addresses
    You might want to edit out names, email addresses, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I removed the e-mail addresses. I feel leaving the names in maintains the credibility of the e-mail. The e-mail was not sent to me in confidence and I dont feel any need to protect the identity of those who sent it.
    Well that royally sux! I've been with sprint since the i300 and hate the idea of jumping ship to follow a device.
    so what are the best options for a device (when my Pre dies) on sprint? I need the unlimited plan.
    Definitely sucks.
    I don't know what I'll do when my Pre- eventually dies, either.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Looks like I'll be jumping to Verizon with the SI discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Definitely sucks.
    I don't know what I'll do when my Pre- eventually dies, either.
    If you know you are staying on Sprint, do yourself a favor & go the FrankenPre 2 route. I've had mine since March, & it's awesome. You really don't know what you are missing by staying on the Pre -.

I turned on my old minus last week just too play around with it, after 5 minutes, I turned it back off. Even overclocked, it doesn't compare to the Pre 2 stocked @ 1Ghz. Get a FrankenPre 2, you won't regret it.
    Without an official announcement with either a HP or Sprint logo at the top just throw it in the pile with all of the other hundreds of rumors IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Without an official announcement with either a HP or Sprint logo at the top just throw it in the pile with all of the other hundreds of rumors IMO.
    ??
    I don't think so. Corporations announce when they are working together, not when no agreement has been signed so you'd be waiting a long time for an "official announcement." There are names in the op's email and it jibes with the email that was forwarded to Derek (front page Precentral) except Derek's email suggests it was HP that is ignoring Sprint and wants to concentrate on ATT/Verizon for now. Reason is unknown. Hmmn, Sprint did not pick up the Pre2 and Verizon (eventually) did as well as ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ??
    I don't think so. Corporations announce when they are working together, not when no agreement has been signed so you'd be waiting a long time for an "official announcement."

"McDonalds today announced that they will NOT have any joint ventures this upcoming year with Goodyear Tires, Boeing Aircraft, or or Allied Waste Systems. McDonald's stock slipped slightly as market watchers are still awaiting announcements that McDonalds does not plan to have any contracts in 2012 with Shell Oil, Halliburton or Midmofan's wife that sells these cute little plastic bag holders on ebay..."
    Can't say this is surprising.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    That's why I got a touchpad. Tired of waiting for a new webOS phone. When one pops up on Sprint i will bite, but in the meantime i'm not suffering.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    That's why I got a touchpad. Tired of waiting for a new webOS phone. When one pops up on Sprint i will bite, but in the meantime i'm not suffering.
    "When" may be optimistic. It may be never.