webOS Nation Forums >  Carrier Discussion >  North American Carriers (CDMA) > Sprint Product Survey
Sprint Product Survey

Old 07/26/2011, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

I received a postcard in the mail today from Sprint, asking me to participate in an online survey. The incentive was $5 off a future bill (lame...). Being that I really want another webOS device on Sprint, my first thought was "What better avenue to voice my frustration over lack of new devices than in a product survey?"

My experience is as follows:

The postcard text:

Quote:
Dear [my name],

Thank you for chossing Sprint Nextel as your wireless provider!

Please help us serve you better by taking a few minutes to answer questions about Sprint's products. When you complete our survey, you will receive $5.00 off of a future Sprint or Nextel bill. The survey must be completed online before August 5, 2011 and will take no more than 30 minutes.

To take the survey, go to www.esurveysite.com/websurvey and enter your survey code: [my code].

We appreciate your business and want to ensure that we are serving your needs!

Sincerely,

Clyde Heppner
Director, Human Sciences Research
So I jumped right in and went to the website to see the attached screen grab.

browser_2011-26-07_191031.png

I logged in and was presented with a list of devices with pictures... "Choose the device you own".

browser_2011-26-07_194125.png

Listed below were my options to choose from:
  • Sanyo Vero
  • Sanyo Zio
  • Sanyo Innuendo
  • Sanyo Taho
  • BlackBerry Bold
  • BlackBerry Curve 8530
  • BlackBerry Style 9670
  • BlackBerry Curve 9330
  • HTC Evo
  • HTC Evo Shift
  • HTC Arrive
  • Motorola Brute i680
  • Motorola i890
  • Motorola i1
  • Motorola i686
  • Motorola i886
  • Samsung Seek
  • Samsung Epic
  • Samsung Restore
  • Samsung Intercept
  • Samsung Transform
  • Samsung M360
  • Samsung Replenish M580
  • Samsung Nexus S
  • LG Lotus Elite
  • LG Rumor Touch
  • LG Remarq
  • LG Optimus
  • Kyocera Echo
  • OTHER

I was pretty sad, but ultimately not surprised to not see any webOS devices on that list, as the pre has been EOL'd for a while, and the pixi minus is an abomination (IMO it should have had wifi...). So I picked other and proceeded with the survey, and was greeted by this:

browser_2011-26-07_195256.png

Huh... That was it? Really?

So I went back through and chose the Transform, as my wife has that phone... Same result. I tried again, picking the Vero, as it was first on the list, and I actually got a list of questions...

browser_2011-26-07_195627.png

And because apparently I'm a masochist, I went through the whole list of phones to see which ones actually had questions... For some reason, the Transform did the second time around, which seemed odd. With each successive page load displayed the same set of questions, but showed the new phone string in the caption. Each phone actually had questions, so I went back to the Transform to see if it went any deeper. And oh boy, did it!

From what I can gather, the survey starts off with the standard general questions about quality and service, then jumped to specific features of the phone, like VKB vs slide out vs Swype. I do have screen grabs of more of the survey, but I won't post them unless someone is really interested.

I don't feel like ranting too much here, as it has been done to death. But this seems to be inline with everything else Sprint is doing, analyzing the phones they want to sell, not the phone *we* want them to sell...
Old 07/29/2011, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

from what i see went up on TIMN, looks like the survey was directly related to devices being EOL'd by the end of the year...

EVO 4G, Epic 4G rumored EOL in October; Sprint’s next blockbuster MIA | This is my next...
Old 02/04/2013, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

my survey code 291929 how can maked it to send
coupette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Call Sprint.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

I got a card in the mail for the 5 dollar survey. I tried to do it everyday until it expired on feb 10th. WHAT A JOKE!!! i KEPT GETTING ERRORS, THE SITE IS UNDER WORK CHECK BACK LATER, PAGE IS UNAVAILIBLE, THE INTERNET CAN'T FIND THE PAGE, AND THE BEST ONE OF ALL IS THE SURVEY HAS ALREADY ENDED AND I KEPT GETTING THAT ONE FROM THE FIRST DAY THAT I GOT THE CARD IN THE MAIL UNTIL FEB 10TH WHEN IT EXPIRED. IOH AND MY SURVEY SITE WAS WWW.ESURVEYSITE.COM/DSURVEY SURVEY CODE: ......... AND THEIR BLACKBURRY CURVE PHONES ARE A JOKE. LOSY RECIPTION, DROPPED CALLS, I HAD TO REPLACE THE PHONE TWICE THE BOTTONS BROKE ONE IT. AND HAD TO REPLACE MY BATTEY WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR. AND IT WILL NOT HOLD A CHARGE. i HAVE TO TALK WITH IT PLUGGED IN ALL THE TIME IN THE HOUSE OR CAR. OTHERWISE IT GOES DEAD. YOU CAN ONLY TALK ON IT 5 TO 30 MINS DEPENDING ON HOW IT WANTS TO FUNCTION FOR THE DAY...

AND TODAY I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL INFORMING ME THAT I AM OVER MY LIMIT ON MY ROAMING. WELL I DON'T ROAM I TALK IN MY HOUSE AND IN TOWN. I PAY FOR THE EVERYTHING PLAN WHICH IS A $110. SOMETHING A MONTH. AND THEY THRETHTENED TO CANCELS ME BECAUSE OF IT. OH AND TOWN IS MAYBE 7 MILES FROM MY HOUSE AND I AM COVERED FOR MOST OF THE STATE AND HALF OF THE OTHER SO I KNOW THAT I AM NOT OUT OF RANG. THANKS ONCE AGAIN SPRINT

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE ROAMING RIGHT AFTER I GOT THE PHONE AND THEY HELPED MY GO THRU AND CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON IT. I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THE SETTINGS SINCE SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON NOW. NOT WORTH THE MONEY IT IS THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE *** THAT I HAVE EVER HAD.

I DO NOT RECOMEND BUYING A BLACK BERRY CURVE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shamrock17107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ahh... um... ok.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0