1.    #1  
    I'm not sure how this happened I didn't even ask for it, but when I spoke to someone on the phone regarding losing my 1 year premier upgrade, she offered to give me my SERO plan back. I said Sure, and I have been on it for the past month. (trust me i checked my account online like 20 times to make sure its real).

I asked her how can this be, and she told me that anyone who was forced of their sero plan due to an upgrade (to a webos or android device), before the new sero premium was offered, where now allowed to get back on their sero plans. Given that it is sero premium at $40 per month. I don't want to get anyone hopes up, but If anyone is willing to give it a try i would really like to know what happens.

I willingly left Sero on April 1, 2010, just to get a webos phone, since i figure they would never allow anything other than dumbphones on it anymore. Instead of going for the ERP (employee referral plan) of 59.99, i opted for the regular consumer plan of 69.99 so i can get a full upgrade in one year instead of two. unfortunately April 1, 2011 is when the new premier upgrade policy went into affect and i felt screwed. I called in to get my upgrade back and she just offered to give my SERO plan back. Funny thing though i was so happy i just totally forgot about tryin to get my upgrade back.

I would like to know if anyone is able to do the same, since she made it sound like sprint is allowing people who had Sero recently to come back; or did i just luckily get the sweetest woman in sprints customer care.
    I used to have a SERO plan (dumbphone), then moved to SWAC (Pre-), then moved to EPRP (kept Pre-), then switched my account back to Sero Premium some time last year (kept Pre-).

I switched from EPRP to Sero Premium using the online chat and they could do it just fine with no problems. So there might be some truth to it. Just wanted to share my experience.
    Wait, I'm confused. When I look up the SERO plan at Sprint, it's more expensive than what I pay now with a smartphone. My Everything plan (data, talk, web, messaging, etc) for a family is $129.99. According to Sprint, SERO would be $149. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. When I look up the SERO plan at Sprint, it's more expensive than what I pay now with a smartphone. My Everything plan (data, talk, web, messaging, etc) for a family is $129.99. According to Sprint, SERO would be $149. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
    Are you sure you're looking at Sero? I think you're thinking of EPRP (Everything Plus Referral Program) and not SERO since you're looking at a family plan and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $SERO$ $is$ $only$ $available$ $as$ $individual$ $lines$.
    There are also 2 different SERO's.
    1) Sprint Employee Referral Offer which anyone could sign up for years ago by referral but now, the closest you can get is EPRP.
    2) Sprint Employee Retention Offer which is set up to offer discounted Sprint plans for terminating employees. Pricing matches the (formerly public available) SERO but has more options for plans.

EPRP Everything family 1600 is $109.99 for the basic dumbphone.
    3G adds $10/line for premium data ... that would take it up to $129.99/mo.
    4G adds an additional $10/line for premium data add-on ... $149.99/mo.

Sprint charges an extra $10/mo premium data for 3G smartphones and an additional $10/mo premium data "add-on" for 4G smartphones per line for EPRP, Sero, SWAC. Yes, 4G charge is still alive but only to those on any non-retail plans such as employee or referral plans.

Retail plans used to only incur an additional $10/mo for 4G phones that everyone used to call the "4G surcharge" but that changed 1/30/11 when it expanded to all smartphones. If you're on a retail plan, it will cost you the same to get a 3G or 4G phone if you activate after 1/30/11 (unless it's a TEP replacement, etc).
    Last edited by rendang; 07/25/2011 at 08:45 PM.