Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    I let them know that declining to carry new webOS smartphones was the only reason why. I'd like to think that I'll have a reason to come back one day, but its not looking good.
    let the WebOS faithful exodus begin...
    Shouldn't you have waited a month atleast? I know you have been waiting for 6 months already but we don't know if AT&T or Verizon is getting it either.

Also, more people need to stand up against carriers. They put data caps: silence. AT&T buying T-Mobile: silence. Jacked up prices: silence.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    LordSecksie likes this.
  4.    #4  
    I have a Pre 2 on Verizon. Waiting a month seems pointless, it is abundantly clear that there is not going to be new HP hardware on Sprint in the forseeable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    I have a Pre 2 on Verizon. Waiting a month seems pointless, it is abundantly clear that there is not going to be new HP hardware on Sprint in the forseeable future.
    I wouldnt go so far as to say that, however, I WOULD agree that Sprint has certainly allowed this percpetion to prevail, no matter what may be in the works.

As an aside, and objectively (Im a T-Mobile customer - think YOU feel vacated by WebOS availabiltiy??):

I personally feel that it is a conflict of interest for carriers to provide phones, or lock their networks into only devices that "they" sanction.

This precludes freedom of choice to the consumer on the very concept, and, in practice, with there being so few national carriers in the US, with one GSM company possibly consuming the 4th largest carrier (who happens to be the only other GSM company), leaving only 1 GSM company in the US left, it forces the consumer into a situation where their choice of devices that THEY ARE PUCHASING FOR OWNERSHIP is limited to whatever the carrier deems worthy...

So, I own this WebOS phone, and I cant switch to whatver carrier I choose, if my current one isnt doing well by me?

That's just wrong; our system of free markets is supposed to encourage MORE choices and competition, directly, so that the consumer will benefit - that isnt the case here, and hasnt been since the iPhone did thier AT&T excluse 4 years ago.

It would be different if the carriers were leasing their devices and we didnt own them, but, that isnt the case, here (of course, they wont do that, because then THEY''d own the devices, and have to pay cash for them to the manufacturer's.. the way it is now, they benefit in all ways.. no cash outlay, guarantee contracts with penalties, limited competition for each phone they designate for their network only).

I guess my point is that this is a much bigger problem than just "WebOS devices on Sprint or not".. its really about the carriers having WAY too much unregulated control over the type, quality, availability and cost of the devices we have to chose from, all of which they use to their best benefit, and not to the benefit of the consumer, in any regard, because, there's just no competition to worry about.

End of rant, albeit related...

Last edited by LCGuy; 07/22/2011 at 02:46 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

<<thread moved>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Shouldn't you have waited a month atleast? I know you have been waiting for 6 months already but we don't know if AT&T or Verizon is getting it either.
    We know for sure it's coming on AT&T and Verizon.
    Not sure where I am going but leaving Sprint after 10+ years will be a bummer. If Sprint gets the rumored iPhone, I'll stay. Otherwise, once my Pre minus dies, I'll be forced to leave to AT&T for the Pre3 or the iPhone. Sad times bro.....
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Been with Palm longer than Sprint. Sprint over ten years, Palm all the way back to IIIxe well..... At this point I'm thinking about leaving both. Not giving up yet, however it's getting close.
    So we've moved from "goodbye webOS" to "goodbye Sprint" threads?

LOL
    Yeah now that it's pretty much confirmed that Sprint isn't getting a WebOS device, I'd rather leave Sprint than be forced to migrate to Android (which I like less than Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yeah now that it's pretty much confirmed that Sprint isn't getting a WebOS device, I'd rather leave Sprint than be forced to migrate to Android (which I like less than Sprint).
    I refuse to go to Android. As much as my friends continue to try and convince me how great it is, I find it to be worse each time they do.

Even though its ALMOST certain than Sprint wont get another webOS device, "almost" still doesnt do it for me. There is still a small possibility that webOS might bless Sprint in the future. So for now, I will hold on to my Original Pre (refuse to call it a Pre Minus) and hope my TouchPad can entertain me until SOMETHING is officially announced.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    We know for sure it's coming on AT&T and Verizon.
    Without any carrier/HP anouncements, how do we really know which carriers will carry the Pre3/next gen webOS devices? Just being the optimist here...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    I refuse to go to Android. As much as my friends continue to try and convince me how great it is, I find it to be worse each time they do.

Even though its ALMOST certain than Sprint wont get another webOS device, "almost" still doesnt do it for me. There is still a small possibility that webOS might bless Sprint in the future. So for now, I will hold on to my Original Pre (refuse to call it a Pre Minus) and hope my TouchPad can entertain me until SOMETHING is officially announced.
    i prefer the term "Pre Classic"
    LordSecksie and nyquistjack like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    ... So for now, I will hold on to my Original Pre (refuse to call it a Pre Minus) ...
    I'm with you. The term "Pre minus" really makes me mad. It's got more features than the Pre Plus - a center button. :P
    Vij and vza33 like this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So we've moved from "goodbye webOS" to "goodbye Sprint" threads?

LOL
    Actually more of a let Sprint know why you're leaving thread. Still hope all you wishing for good news, get some.
    People tend to call it a Pre Minus just because it wasnt better than the Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Veer. But arent those SUPPOSED to be better than the Pre? Isnt that the purpose of upgraded/new hardware, to be better than the one before it? So I dont get why people downtalk to Original Pre.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Yea but most people think that the pre plus should have been the pre "minus and the pre 2 being the pre plus.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Actually more of a let Sprint know why you're leaving thread. Still hope all you wishing for good news, get some.
    Why are people upset with sprint again? Because they haven't announced a phone that was "launched" in January but hasn't actually firmed a shipment date yet? A phone from a company that at this point is basically imaginary? A phone that HP is apparently putting zero resources into, even removed the old but colorful and animated PAlm Pre 3 website and instead put the Pre3 on what is basically a small corner of it's tablet website, not even bothering with a description of the phone really or even a fluid 360?

Please, I'm over blaming sprint for this. They can't get something from nothing. Some of you on here have battered wives syndrome. It's Palm/ HP that busted your eye up, not Sprint. Now you're coming into work saying the doorknob did it.

My advice to anyone leaving sprint to follow this mismanaged division of HP is to get some fresh steaks for your other eye.
    ljbad4life likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Yea but most people think that the pre plus should have been the pre "minus and the pre 2 being the pre plus.
    But it wasnt. They were all different products. I dont see anyone calling the NES the "Nintendo Minus" just because it had lower graphics than Sega Genesis, and I never saw a cry for the "Super Nintendo" to have been the Original Nintendo instead. And look at where Nintendo and Sega are 25 years later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast