Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Engadget just posted an article about sprint and bloatware. That is nice and all, but the slide "Guiding Principals to defining Portfolio categories and slots" behind the main speaker, Fared Adib, had three operating systems under the title of "Cover Operating Systems". Win7, BB, and Andriod...

Not a sprint rep or an official word but not a good sign.

Edit:
    HP is nowhere to be found under their "vendor balancing either'.

For those that say its because nothing has been announced. Notice the LTE on the slide as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Titan078; 07/19/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Nail.

Coffin.

Dead.

Zombies.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

cgardnervt likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Nail.

Coffin.

Dead.

Zombies.
    Franken pre2!
    65fastback and cgardnervt like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Franken pre2!
    Frankenstein! George Steinbrenner! George Washington!

Really I don't see the association here. Didn't we all learn there would be no Pre 3 on Sprint a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away?
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

threed61#WN likes this.
    <thread moved after slicing through a zombie pack>
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Frankenstein! George Steinbrenner! George Washington!

Really I don't see the association here. Didn't we all learn there would be no Pre 3 on Sprint a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away?
    I don't believe I have ever quoted myself before, but I must point out that it is quite the coincidence that all these men are in fact dead right now.

All this in a thread about zombies.

Has anyone seen Frankensteins body?
    more and more omissions of proof of new thE webOS phones on sprint.

that, or HP and Sprint have one heckuva surprise up their sleeve.
    I see pandas.
    Reading between the lines:

You are saying that Sprint is going to carry a webOS device named the Zombie.

Tag line: "Back from the dead"

YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

Launching October 31st!!!

Thanks for this confirmation!!!
    I heard Sprint is changing over all of their data services to The webOS WiMax.
    sledge007 likes this.
    ....of course the slide shown also does not Apple on it. One would have to think Sprint will need to move beyond Blackberry, WP7, and Android. Two of those OS's are stuck or declining in mindshare (as is webOS unfortunately), so it would make sense that they would be tinkering with at least one more OS not shown on that slide.
    wassupTC likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Engadget just posted an article about sprint and bloatware. That is nice and all, but the slide "Guiding Principals to defining Portfolio categories and slots" behind the main speaker, Fared Adib, had three operating systems under the title of "Cover Operating Systems". Win7, BB, and Andriod...

Not a sprint rep or an official word but not a good sign.

Edit:
    HP is nowhere to be found under their "vendor balancing either'.

For those that say its because nothing has been announced. Notice the LTE on the slide as well.
    Umm, what about the PS listed below the article? One can only have hope...that is all that is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ... The webOS WiMax.
    close, but it's

thE webOS

see what I did there? See?
    I see pandas.
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....fared-adib.jpg

According to this image from Engadget WebOS or HP is not listed anywhere on the slide. The only glimmer of hope is the "new vendors" bullet on the bottom. Sprint totally left WebOS out of their gameplan.

Take that for what you will.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Beat to it again! I was just about to post this.

Yeah folks, this doesn't look good for webOS. There's no sight of a webOS device, or HP/Palm logo in sight. I'm glad I moved on to a Franken Pre 2 instead of waiting & hoping the Pre 3 lands on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Beat to it again! I was just about to post this.

Yeah folks, this doesn't look good for webOS. There's no sight of a webOS device, or HP/Palm logo in sight. I'm glad I moved on to a Franken Pre 2 instead of waiting & hoping the Pre 3 lands on Sprint.
    This is definitely my game plan. I'm just looking for a Pre2 to show up in the Marketplace with the right price and bad ESN.

SmartFah likes this.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    "P.S. - This slide was just one of many, and is definitely not a comprehensive view of partners and plans. We were specifically informed to not read into it as a solo slide."

Found at the bottom of the Engadget article you got the pic from.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, that pretty much shuts this down then lol. I never read the article. Just saw the picture on the front page.

SmartFah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    "P.S. - This slide was just one of many, and is definitely not a comprehensive view of partners and plans. We were specifically informed to not read into it as a solo slide."

Found at the bottom of the Engadget article you got the pic from.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't buy that little P.S. at the end of the article. If they can show me a slide that has a HP/Palm webOS logo or phone, then I'd believe that the slide doesn't represent "A Comprehensive view of partners & plans".

However, if I walk into a Sprint store (or go to their website), all I will see is Android, WP7 & Blalckberry; & coincidentally those are the only phones & logos I see on that slide. I'll believe my eyes & not some disclaimer saying "not to read into it as a solo slide".

Sprint is done with webOS (at least for the foreseeable future). Maybe they'll pick up a 3g/4g TouchPad, and future webOS phones that are released next year. But for right now, I'd say it's time to move on folks!
    Titan078 likes this.
    Oy...

You know, they may not be disclosing information from HP per HP's request...

If, for instance, there are devices that HP has not announced yet (lets not go there, shall we?), they sure as heck arent going to let another company announce even a hint of them first.

Take that for what you will.

Seriously.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast