Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
    There is also no hint of Apple on that slide. Does this mean we can also kill the iphone rumor... I don't think so.

Disclaimer: I am in the Sprint is not getting the pre3 camp, but I wanted to throw this little apple observation up there to fuel the fire
    The remaining Sprint/webOS faithful have the choice of following webOS to another carrier, or remain with Sprint until they announce the Pre3 (or other webOS devices). It boggles the mind the number of Android devices that are activated everyday (550,000 at last count). I wonder how many devices are being activated daily for iOS, webOS, and others?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I like the line under Vendor Balancing & Risk Mitigation, "avoid sole sourcing" ...kinda speaks volumes about the Pre exclusive deal. Sprint doesn't want to risk getting burned again, lesson learned.
    iOS.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Rabble. Rabble rabble rabble!
    razzle dazzle
    lol darn
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Oy...

You know, they may not be disclosing information from HP per HP's request...

If, for instance, there are devices that HP has not announced yet (lets not go there, shall we?), they sure as heck arent going to let another company announce even a hint of them first.

Take that for what you will.

Seriously.

The APPs made on mojo run on Touchpad in an emulator. Have you seen the size of the app in the emulator? Everyday when I see it I get a feeling that HP will release a nice 4 inch touchscreen phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Oy...

You know, they may not be disclosing information from HP per HP's request...

If, for instance, there are devices that HP has not announced yet (lets not go there, shall we?), they sure as heck arent going to let another company announce even a hint of them first.

Take that for what you will.

Seriously.

If this is the case, they need to announce it before the first price drop after the Pre3 arrives on VZ/ATT. I'm not at all hopeful, tho this is possible. If it doesn't have a physical keyboard, I don't want it tho. They can keep their slabs.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My daughter recently cancelled her Sprint service to go with ATT - constant dropped calls at her work and her college. Sprint (Hesse) sent me a message asking for the reason for the cancellation (she was on my Family Plan). I responded that there were a variety of reasons, and one was that we WebOS users were left out in the cold. I specifically said that if we didn't see the Pre3 in the lineup soon, the rest of us would be dropping (I have 5 lines of service).

They sent me an immediate e-mail AND had a representative call. The rep gave the standard line about how they did not comment on future devices, but that they still had the Pixi.

Now that I have a Touchpad I definitely want to stick with WebOS. Will Sprint have my business in the future? That remains to be seen.
    fmarcanojr and semprini like this.
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    My daughter recently cancelled her Sprint service to go with ATT - constant dropped calls at her work and her college. Sprint (Hesse) sent me a message asking for the reason for the cancellation (she was on my Family Plan). I responded that there were a variety of reasons, and one was that we WebOS users were left out in the cold. I specifically said that if we didn't see the Pre3 in the lineup soon, the rest of us would be dropping (I have 5 lines of service).

They sent me an immediate e-mail AND had a representative call. The rep gave the standard line about how they did not comment on future devices, but that they still had the Pixi.

Now that I have a Touchpad I definitely want to stick with WebOS. Will Sprint have my business in the future? That remains to be seen.
    "Pixi"? Are they serious? They should stop trying to insult our intelligence. We are a heck of alot smarter than Sprint gives us credit for.
  13.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    "Pixi"? Are they serious? They should stop trying to insult our intelligence. We are a heck of alot smarter than Sprint gives us credit for.
    I had to use an employee's Pixi the other day and it was much nicer to talk on than my EVO 3d (which is about due to go back). Fit very nicely in the hand. I hope they keep the form factor alive. Mabey an edge to edge screen would give a little more space.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    My family has 4 Pre's and a Pixi (actually, make that 3 Pre's, since my daughter just left Sprint.) My feeling is that there just aren't enough people at Sprint who really know what WebOS is or what it can do. I expect their standard response to be "Make it sound like you're listening, but don't make any promises. Try to get them to buy into a new phone so we can keep them on for another 2 years."
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Read the fine print at the bottom of the article:

"P.S. - This slide was just one of many, and is definitely not a comprehensive view of partners and plans. We were specifically informed to not read into it as a solo slide."
    <<another thread merged>>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12