View Poll Results: Where are you going now that it is official that there will not be a Pre 3 on Sprint?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • at&t

11 17.74%
  • Verizon

16 25.81%
  • Staying with Sprint

35 56.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Where are you going now that it is official that there will not be a Pre 3 on Sprint?
    staying right here for now, a lot in flux and I'd like to see how it all turns out. Interesting development today with HP putting its trusted management star DeWitt in charge of webOS.
    Probably on my way over to the Death Star network. Company phone and I'm being told to make a decision... guess it's time to let them know. At least I can throw the GSM radio back in my Sprint FrankenPre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Probably on my way over to the Death Star network. Company phone and I'm being told to make a decision... guess it's time to let them know. At least I can throw the GSM radio back in my Sprint FrankenPre2.
    AT&T would be the best choice, imo. I'm sure HP will always have an unlocked GSM version of their webOS devices going forward.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    official?
    I see pandas.
    pre2 arrives wed...frankenpre2 here i come
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    SmartFah likes this.
    It's beocming apparent that I am going to have to FrankenPre2 my launch day Sprint Pre. I have the GSM Pre ready to go, just have to get the nerve up to do it.
    After running my poll on folks who get discounts, I'm gonna press my new employer on whether I can get a discount for cell service. If the AT$T package costs the same as my current, private Sprint account --

Dude, I'm getting a Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    After running my poll on folks who get discounts, I'm gonna press my new employer on whether I can get a discount for cell service. If the AT$T package costs the same as my current, private Sprint account --

Dude, I'm getting a Veer.
    att pre3
    i left att for sprint to get the pre so i guess its back to att...
    Left Sprint way back on Veer launch day to follow webOS to AT&T. Hasn't been as bad as I feared, network-wise.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Sitting tight. I can't fault Sprint being less than enthusiastic about putting a webOS phone in it's lineup. HP has not turned webOS around yet.

Having said that, I believe HP will turn webOS around in a big way, and once that happens and Sprint can see a win-win relationship, they will put webOS phones in service once again.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Where are you going now that it is official that there will not be a Pre 3 on Sprint?
    I'm just curious on how this is "official" seeing as how the reports came from a "tipster" rather than from HP or Sprint "official" press releases? Don't get me wrong, I'm saddend by that news, but at this point, it's anything but "official". I'll hold out for an "official" press release from either company. Just mho.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I'm just curious on how this is "official" seeing as how the reports came from a "tipster" rather than from HP or Sprint "official" press releases? Don't get me wrong, I'm saddend by that news, but at this point, it's anything but "official". I'll hold out for an "official" press release from either company. Just mho.
    Companies don't put out press releases for 'negatives' in most cases, in this case they will simply continue the course of saying nothing as a company, both of them.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    No offense to you buddy, but do you seriously still believe that there is a chance that Sprint will carry the Pre3? Every blog on the web has reported that there won't be a Pre3 on Sprint. It wasn't actually news to me since from all the things that I've read there was no sign of a Pre3 on Sprint from a long time ago.

So where is the Sprint Pre 3? TreoRock's Blog
    Do you have documentation stating that no webOS phones are coming to Sprint with either a HP and/or Sprint letter head on? If so please post it in here, thanks.
    Nowhere else, of course. I've been with Sprint because of my plan, the reliable network, and the friendly and always responsive staff -not because of a device. T-M, or VM because of their compelling rates, are the only moves I've considered.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodolfo View Post
    Nowhere else, of course. I've been with Sprint because of my plan, the reliable network, and the friendly and always responsive staff -not because of a device. T-M, or VM because of their compelling rates, are the only moves I've considered.
    This.

Turns out my new employer doesn't offer any discounts. With that in mind, Sprint saves me a lot of money, and with my Touchpad, I really don't have that much of a need for a portable internet terminal on my phone.

So I'm very happy with my Pre- until Sprint becomes uncompetitive on Price, they get a new webOS phone, or until they run out of replacements for my Pre. 2+ years old, with plenty of hardware issues, and that little Pre still does everything I want my phone to do.
    Verizon and AT&T are too expensive. We'll probably stay on Sprint and I'll get a Pre2 to make a FrankenPre2.
    I left Sprint a few months ago and have a Pre 2 on ATT. The ATT signal is not reliable in my immediate area, so I will probably go to Verizon for the Pre 3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast