Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Switch to VZ or AT&T....please....Listen Im a VZ customer...and believe me I like Sprints prices and service...but Sprint isn't supporting WebOs and if your reading this I can only assume you're a webos fan.

In the end its $20 more a month on VZ or ATT....I know thats a lot to swallow but would you rather cringe once a month when you see your bill or each time you pull out your Android or Windows 7 phone?

And I know unlimited is a big deal but in the end very few of us will come close to that 2GB limit on our cell

I dont want to make this a Sprint vs Verizon vs ATT conversation...but we are all webos fans and it would be a shame to continue to support a carrier (a good carrier no doubt) that doesn't support you or your OS.

Sprint will be in big trouble if this merger goes through and most likely will have to also change their plans ....this big change in the market is happening if you like it or now...and I would at least like to know you guys will be dealing with it on a rocking Pre 3 and not another platform
    Going to Sprintify a Pre 2 until it dies out on me, then I'll make a decision...
    Yup. Switching to AT&T as soon as the Pre 3 is announced.
    I've been rockin the franken pre2 and loving it . And its a really solid phone with no signs of wear and I e had it since they started do the franken pre process . I'll be here for a while . Long enough to see what sprint decides to do anyways .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    for me the price is the same thanks to that damn sprint premium data add on crap.

my bill on sprint is $85. AT&T would be $85. Verizon would be $90.

I chose to go with AT&T. I just bought an HP Veer off contract on eBay for $200 and should be hooked up within a week.

farewell Sprint unless something changes in the future.
    Sorry, not leaving sprint for a phone and a manufacturer that over promises and NEVER delivers. I don't care how easy a os is to use, if it's lacking anything it was announced with or core/useful features or has no upgrade path in the future!

My bill each month is $65, it will be over $80 with Verizon and att and they both have tiered data.
    Last edited by ljbad4life; 07/08/2011 at 11:06 PM.
    If Sprint won't carry the Pre3, then i'm leaving Sprint. I've been with Sprint since 1996, but oh well, I want the Pre3 more.
    If I don't hear anything by the time the Pre 3 hits Verizon, 3 less lines on Sprint.
    Why does it matter that much? No way am I paying $480 more a year for a WebOS phone.
    pre2 is the best option there is.

Good luck with your future endeavors HP.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    FrankenPre 2 FTW!!!

The Pre 2 is a solid phone, and the Franken Pre 2 is a good option. I've had mine for 4 months, and it's great. I'm good to go for at least another year with this phone.
    65fastback likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Switch to VZ or AT&T....please....Listen Im a VZ customer...and believe me I like Sprints prices and service...but Sprint isn't supporting WebOs and if your reading this I can only assume you're a webos fan.

In the end its $20 more a month on VZ or ATT....I know thats a lot to swallow but would you rather cringe once a month when you see your bill or each time you pull out your Android or Windows 7 phone?

And I know unlimited is a big deal but in the end very few of us will come close to that 2GB limit on our cell

I dont want to make this a Sprint vs Verizon vs ATT conversation...but we are all webos fans and it would be a shame to continue to support a carrier (a good carrier no doubt) that doesn't support you or your OS.

Sprint will be in big trouble if this merger goes through and most likely will have to also change their plans ....this big change in the market is happening if you like it or now...and I would at least like to know you guys will be dealing with it on a rocking Pre 3 and not another platform
    Where did you get the $20 more a month figure? Other than a difference between the discount from my employer, AT&T is probably $5 more than Sprint the last time I looked at a 2GB plan.

I look at it as $240/year minimum for less service.

On a monthly basis, i utilize between 6-8 gigs of downloads. I USE my phone.. So yeah, streaming audio, downloading podcasts, going to sites, etc.

Add that fact, then it's an extra $50/month. Or I could simply just get the bare minimum and stop using the phone. But then that defeats the purpose.

I'm not about to pay alot more for less just for a phone. My pre- will live on, then I"ll get a pre2 and make it a sprint phone.
    It's not just a simple matter of leaving Sprint and paying $20 more a month. For many, that may be the case. But for others, there are more factors. Like the 24% corporate discount I receive. 7pm off peak, unlimited text, unlimited data, m2m... and throw in being Gold Premier that gives me phone upgrade discount once a year. If I leave, there goes my 11 years of being a Sprint customer and if I returned, I won't be Gold, and I will not be able to get the corp discount back (b/c I no longer work for the company). Conclusion - I won't be leaving Sprint.

And good luck trying to convince Sero people that are paying $40-50/mo for a kickarse plan that includes unlimited text, data, and m2m.

As much as we want pre3, in the end, financial sensibility prevails. Frankly, I'm at the brink of losing my patience. This waiting "game" is very tiresome and draining and frankly, I'm just tired of it. So it'll probably be Android or Win7 phone next... and if webOS ever does come back, I'll get one then. Thankfully as Gold, it's only a year for me to upgrade. See, I can't leave!
    I left Sprint nearly 4 months ago when I got a Pre 2.
    There's no way Verizon or AT&T can compete with a 28% Sprint discount.

It's hard to justify rearranging your life for webOS and the more you look around the more you find a better alternative.

Gotta agree though, leaving webOS for Android is crazy talk.

Now leaving for Windows Phone is like a breath of fresh air and gives you the best deal on price and performance since June 2009.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    Last edited by foosball; 07/09/2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    going to att for pre3
    As a 10+ years Sprint (Pre-) customer,it pains me to leave;but, I've just moved one of my three Sprint lines to VZ for an IPhone4 and will complete the switch to VZ when the Pre3 arrives.
  18.    #18  
    I'm glad to see there are a lot of switchers....for those who have some kind of discount, I understand....I guess I was really talking about the common customer.

I just want to see this community going and not die just because Sprint is being Sprint. It is a WebOs community after all...and Sprint doesn't offer any WebOs devices
    I listened to the recent Engadget Podcast, which gave a great analogy of the bind that Sprint webOS customers are if Sprint doesn't carry any more webOS phones. I'll paraphrase it:

-With Sprint not getting any new webOS phones, it's like your favorite hometown sports team moving to another city. What do you do? Will you just pick your nearest favorite sports team & start rooting for them now? Or do you sell your house, pack up everything and move your family to the new city so you can be with your sports team?-

I started cracking up when I heard that. For some people moving to another carrier is not an issue. But for others it is, like when you factor in corporate discounts, multiple lines (i.e. family plans) increased monthly rates ($20-$50/month or more definitely adds up over the years of your contract), moving just to have your favorite phone/OS just does not become practical.

Personally, I have a franken pre 2, so if Sprint doesn't get a new webOS phone for a while, I'm good. But when I'm ready to upgrade, if Spirint doesn't have any webOS phones, I'll probably end up getting an iPhone. It seems more likely that Sprint will get a new iPhone before getting a new webOS phone.
    I just did the same thing as Bobky below and I've been on Sprint almost 10 years as well. My wife wanted the Iphone and I wanted to switch before the 7th to get the Unlimited data. As soon as the Pre 3 comes out, I'm outa here or at worse I may look at the new Samsung Galaxy when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    As a 10+ years Sprint (Pre-) customer,it pains me to leave;but, I've just moved one of my three Sprint lines to VZ for an IPhone4 and will complete the switch to VZ when the Pre3 arrives.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast