Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    And good luck trying to convince Sero people that are paying $40-50/mo for a kickarse plan that includes unlimited text, data, and m2m.

If I had known the Pixi would be abandoned for upgrades, I would have kept my Palm 755P ( multiple ones) on SERO. When switching to the Pixi, I had to get a new plan @ $10 more. I still pay $10 less than the standard Sprint rate with the Pixi with unlimited text, data and m2m for $59.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  2. AZ8
    I have no dog in this fight, but thought ya'll would like to see what Im paying at Verizon. Current phone: Droid X.

My monthly bill is $78.11.

450 anytime minutes. Unlimited text/data. free mobile to mobile, free nights/weekends..etc. Yeah my minutes are low, but it doesn't matter because 95% of my family and friends are on Verizon. My mobile to mobile covers most of my calls. I really don't need alot of anytime minutes. I think I used 17 minutes last month! LOL Im grandfathered with the unlimited data, but I've never exceeded the 2GB tier limit now in effect anyways.

So....thought I'd throw that out since Im reading alot of cost concerns associated with Verizon. Yeah, they're a bit more costly, but not the financial doomsday some people paint them to be.

Carry on......
    Let's just think outside the webOS box for a minute. Remember, Sprint is the biggest entity fighting the ATT/Tmobile merger. It's all nice to "teach them a lesson" by jumping ship but this is when they need the existing customers to support them the most in this fight.
    Let's just think outside the webOS box for a minute. Remember, Sprint is the biggest entity fighting the ATT/Tmobile merger. It's all nice to "teach them a lesson" by jumping ship but this is when they need the existing customers to support them the most in this fight.
    Well think of it this way, if the AT&T/T-mobile merger goes through, Sprint will get crushed & eventually get bought by Verizon. When that happens, we'll never have to worry about whether or not we'll get the new webOS phone. Verizon & AT&T are the only ones supporting webOS any way.
    cobrakon and spudland like this.
    I will get a Franken Pre2 soon after the ol minus dies on me. If all the momentum is focused on WebOS the devices will come. Sprint will not be that stupid to ignore profitability. There is still no official word that the sprint carrier would keep HP/Palm out of there product line. They're just being stubborn and are probably "*******" of Android,Apple and RIM thinking the liberalistic media is telling them where the money is to be made . I say choose what you feel is best for your productivity wether it be having a Ipad for fun on the go or a touchpad that "Works like nothing else"
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Then they shouldn't be ****ing off their customers, should they.
    Ridiculous. Carrier first, phone second. Or maybe even third. Happy with my Pixi Plus on Sprint for now. But I could be just as happy with a Motorola XPRT.

Sorry, I'm not a f_nb_y.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Switch to VZ or AT&T....
    Nope. Can't do it.

please....
    I admire your manners but still, No.

but Sprint isn't supporting WebOs
    It's Sprint's job. Sprint's job is to make a profit and return value to it's shareholders. It's HP's job to support WebOS.

if your reading this I can only assume you're a webos fan.
    I am not a fan. I am merely a WebOS user. It is a tool.

In the end its $20 more a month on VZ or ATT
    Wait wha??? End of discussion right there. I shall however humor your other comments as I like you and am very fond of sporks.

would you rather cringe once a month when you see your bill or each time you pull out your Android or Windows 7 phone?
    I actually do not cringe at Android or Windows phone 7. They are merely tools for a job. I have used Android and could live with it without much complaint and WP7 has an nice look to it. Thus i'd only be cringing when i see my bill.

I know unlimited is a big deal but in the end very few of us will come close to that 2GB limit on our cell
    Oh yeah now that they have tiered data it's probably more then merely $20 extra a month.

I dont want to make this a Sprint vs Verizon vs ATT conversation
    It's probably late for that lol.

but we are all webos fans
    See above. just a user here.

and it would be a shame to continue to support a carrier (a good carrier no doubt) that doesn't support you or your OS.
    It is not "my" OS . Nothing will ever be "my OS." Sprint supports me just fine. I paid for one cell phone and signed a contract for two years of service. That's what i've gotten: one Palm Pre and two years of sprint service. I did not contract with Sprint to receive access to every device sold by Palm and any company that may in the future purchase Palm. Sprint does not offer every Samsung, RIM, or HTC phone either. Sprint does not owe me.

Sprint will be in big trouble if this merger
    Can't disagree. They will have a tough time competing.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Left Sprint this week to get grandfathered into the Verizon unlimited data plan. Sprint won't see another webOS device until 2012 (January for them and the Pre 3) and as a launch day owner I can wait no longer. They could have got in line to get the Pre 3 at launch and chose not to. I chose not to stay with them because of that. I've been loyal to them for 11 years and did 3 months research before bying my first smartphone....the Pre-. I have a wife and daughter who are technically challenged and both were able to rock the Pre-. I have 2 stubborn son's who decided to try Blackberry (epic fail) and Android (not epic, but fail nonetheless) and have both agreeded mine is the better OS. I will not wait one minute past launch to upgrade my Pre- to a Pre 3. I have an Android phone now, along with my Pre- (had to sign up with Verizon to get unlimited data) and it's a royal pain in the behind compared to my Pre-. It has a pretty screen and is pretty snappy but what a pain to navigate. I'm following webOS until someone else can make a descent phone.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

left sprint last week for a veer on ATT. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Well think of it this way, if the AT&T/T-mobile merger goes through, Sprint will get crushed & eventually get bought by Verizon. When that happens, we'll never have to worry about whether or not we'll get the new webOS phone. Verizon & AT&T are the only ones supporting webOS any way.
    That is just horrible thinking there. So guess you would be fine with Ma Bell all over again, and prices thru the roof?

There is a reason competition is needed.

And what exactly has AT&T and Verizon done as far as "Supporting" Webos? Carrying the PRE's =/= fully supporting Webos, in terms of Advertisement, product placement.

You do realize they are carrying the PRE's because they carry all other phones?

Think they would promote Webos in or close to the same categories/levels as iOS or Android?
    I'd much rather spend my $600 a year supporting webOS by getting new TouchPads every year than fork over more money monthly for less service, crappier service, and supporting a duopoly.
    I currently pay $50/month on sprint. theres no way I'm leaving that to pay 100+ on either carrier

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I'll probably stick with Sprint and switch to a 4G phone. Need to check the offers. Biggest selling point for me is what they can do to get me a hot spot for my Touchpad!
    I don't want to have to move all three of my lines, with 2 pre's to another carrier and try to replicate service and get a hotspot via the phone...
    Need to do the research that I had hoped to not need to do!
    TANSTAAFL!
    I don't think it's jumping ship to teach Sprint a lesson. I think it's simply leaving a mobile company who doesn't have the phone that you want. I see no reason to buy and use a phone, I don't want, just to support a company who chooses not to provide the phone that I would like.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12