Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
  1.    #1  
    Exclusive: Pre 3 not coming to Sprint | This is my next...

[...] a trusted source tells us that the Pre 3 won’t be coming to Sprint at all, and that HP hasn’t planned any future devices for the carrier as of yet either.
    I was just about to post this. Honestly, it's not really a surprise. HP seems to be only interested in AT&T and Verizon.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm shocked, just shocked!
    /sarcasm
    I wonder who this trusted source is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I was just about to post this. Honestly, it's not really a surprise. HP seems to be only interested in AT&T and Verizon.
    its not a surprise, but i doubt HP said no. why would they.

this is the second carrier palm ****ed off. first being tmo and the treo 270.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Same here. I am writing this on my Droid Charge. Nicely grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. HP had certainly put arguably their most loyal customers in a predicament. Stay with Sprint and unlimited data, but get an Android (for now) phone. Our jump to another carrier that will have the Pre3, but a tiered data plan. Really sucks for WebOS fans.
    goodbye sprint
    totoro80, ToddK, LTrane and 1 others like this.
    I stopped reading at "a trusted source tells us"...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    really people? A trusted source said the Pre3 would land in april, and then again in may and june and then it wasn't, but a slab phone was coming in August,and now another trusted source has yet another story. It's really just stupid and exhausting. I won't believe anything until HP or Sprint or some person with a name and a face and maybe even a picture of the product says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And Sprint seems to be only interested in Android
    RoverNole likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Getting an EVO 3D tonight. It was a good ride, epic fail Spint/HP.
    Getting a Verizon when the Pre 3 comes out. It was a good ride on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hope my Pre- keeps running as well as it has, never traded in.... I still believe Sprint and HP have something in the works and that my phone lasts until that comes out. Out of contract but do not want to switch, too good a deal with discount from work and too many devices... Wife still using Treo waiting for new WebOs device too, would we switch to Android or iOs if it comes to Sprint.... Sadly probably if no WebOs phone there
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thisismynext.com has always been pretty reliable when it comes to things like this... It's not just another "A Sprint rep told me..." thing.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    OleSalt, barkerja and nimer55 like this.
    I suspect that (if it's true) the exodus of Pre users from Sprint will be bigger than the exodus of Sprint users from WebOS. Most that were willing to change probably already have. Face it, it's not like Sprint has been setting the market on fire with hot new devices.
    totoro80, Sukiyaki and spudland like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Those former engadget folks are rarely wrong.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    goodbye sprint

although a huge number of pre owners are on sprint,the number was small to sprint.

this hurt hp more than it does sprint. i doubt many ppl will say goodbye to sprint.

if verizon get the pre 3, and i can get the job upgrade my BB to it, it wont matter. if they dont, then i have a choice to make.

my last month's data was only 185,313kb and has been going down steadily. would think it would be going up cause of my free tether usage.
    Felipe
    ToddK likes this.
    Yep. This is why I jumped ship last month. Well...that and the lack of working SMS on sprint. Quite happy with my Pre2 on ATT...that is...until the Pre3 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    although a huge number of pre owners are on sprint,the number was small to sprint.
    Sprint has a small number, no matter what phone
    RoverNole likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    this is my next is a pretty damn good source...i'd trust their sources over others
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Sprint has a small number, no matter what phone
    true, but been gaining a bit lately. they are the budget carrier.
    Felipe
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast